Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    My 1 year premiere upgrade kicked in on March 1st, and like many others, I'm faced with losing that upgrade on April 1st when the new "Premiere" plan kicks in because my family plan (129.99/month) will no longer qualify. Well, I have good news on that front...

    I spoke with Sprint "Account Services" (Retention) for the 3rd time since March 1st today, and finally heard what I've been wanting to hear! The rep promised me a "buy-up" should a phone that I want (Pre 3) come to Sprint after April 1st but before my 22 month upgrade (Jan 2011)-- so I won't be losing my upgrade eligibility after all! I'll just have to go through Retention to get it...

    perhaps they've gotten more and more complaints as April 1st approaches and are realizing the business sense in "grandfathering" upgrades-- at least, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt now... they have to know that they need to hang on to every last customer they can since they don't have the fruit phone!

    also, this may or may not have affected things, but my reason for getting in touch with retention in the first place was to see if I could add a 6th line to my family plan (official policy is a max of 5 lines) and once I got that taken care of, I moved on to the upgrade issue...

    also, let it be known that the previous time I called, I received two $70 credits, one for each line over 12 months that I renewed their 2 year contract, without resetting their upgrade clock (meaning they still get the full upgrade in June and August, respectively)

    in hindsight, Sprint pretty much had me by the ***** since it'd cost me about $800 in ETF but they were still willing to work with me and give me what I want...

    moral of the story-- keep trying til you get a nice Retention specialist? Sprint is coming to its senses when it comes to this Premiere change fiasco?

    anyways, this will probably get buried since I'm posting at 1:20 am CST, and maybe I should have posted on the Sprint Premiere changes thread but no one had posted on there for awhile, so I started a new thread... this might be the first thread I've started so don't flame me too harshly!
  2. #2  
    sounds interesting. i'll have to keep this in mind when that time roles around.
  3. Molf's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #3  
    So did you just call the customer service line and ask for retentions, or was there a retentions line you called?

    I called them 2 fridays ago and asked if I would be eligiable for an upgrade as my 12 month mark was 4/1/11. They kept *hinting* that if I go in after the 18th but before the change I could upgrade early. If this doesnt work, I would like to be prepared for the next step.

    For me I am not even that picky about waiting to use my upgrade, as I have rumor touch. When I got the phone we weren't on a data plan. In July my Brother and sister in law joined our plan and switched from 2 lines to 4 lines and the split in cost made it the same price we were playing, but now included data. My wife was eligible for an upgrade in December and got a smart phone. I have been toughing it out with a messaging phone and just want to upgrade to a smart phone.

    I have been researching phones since last july and know that right now is probably the worst time to upgrade as the evo and the epic are both over 7 months old (the shift screen size doesn't interest me). I would love to hold out for a couple more months, but I am not trying to be greedy here. I just want to be able to utilize what i have been paying for, for the last 9 months.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Molf View Post
    I have been researching phones since last july and know that right now is probably the worst time to upgrade as the evo and the epic are both over 7 months old
    This is my dilemma. As of now, they are both nice phones...but then I have to consider I would have it for at least 12 months beyond that, making the Evo almost two years old by then. I'd like to see what's coming out this spring and early summer and if Pre3 is one of them, I'll try to hold out.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Molf View Post
    So did you just call the customer service line and ask for retentions, or was there a retentions line you called?

    I called them 2 fridays ago and asked if I would be eligiable for an upgrade as my 12 month mark was 4/1/11. They kept *hinting* that if I go in after the 18th but before the change I could upgrade early. If this doesnt work, I would like to be prepared for the next step.

    I have been researching phones since last july and know that right now is probably the worst time to upgrade as the evo and the epic are both over 7 months old (the shift screen size doesn't interest me). I would love to hold out for a couple more months, but I am not trying to be greedy here. I just want to be able to utilize what i have been paying for, for the last 9 months.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    there is a retentions #, but I don't know it... just went the *2 route and asked for retentions right away...

    I think Sprint will do you right, especially if you're ready to pull the trigger on upgrading a phone... but I think you'll be ok telling them you're waiting for their summer lineup of phones-- just remember, be nice to them and hopefully they'll be nice to you-- they don't make the crappy policies, but they're given lots of freedom to "make things right"... if it doesn't work, keep calling back til you get a 'nice' agent! tell them you know people who have been promised a "buy-up" as a way of grandfathering their old premiere upgrade eligibility

    as far as phones go, it sounds like they'll announce a bunch of new handsets coming out next week at CTIA, so tell them you want to wait on those (or the as of yet unavailable Pre3) and hopefully they'll give you a guarantee that your upgrade will be there when you're ready for it... make sure you get the agent's name and a case #, and rephrase the guarantee multiple ways just to be sure that they're promising you the full early upgrade when you are ready to use it...

    in the mean time, go read some Epic/Evo forums where people have complaints, so you can tell them truthfully that you know people who are unhappy with those phones, hence you want to wait...

    good luck! let us know how it goes!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by booyapre View Post
    ...
    also, let it be known that the previous time I called, I received two $70 credits, one for each line over 12 months that I renewed their 2 year contract, without resetting their upgrade clock (meaning they still get the full upgrade in June and August, respectively)
    ...
    I'll add an important (to some of us) note here. Most of these "extras" that Sprint offers involve renewing your contract. Though they don't affect the upgrade, they do affect your contract, and your two year committment starts over.

    This is important to some of us that were "release day" Pre purchasers. I'm in that category, and am not doing anything that will renew my contract, until I hear for sure that Sprint will have the Pre3.

    I hope anyone from Sprint that reads this can read between the lines...
  7.    #7  
    thanks for clarifying the point that the "extras" from sprint do require a contract renewal-- I did mention that, but pointed out that it doesn't change your upgrade time frame...

    hopefully, Sprint will get the Pre3 so you won't have to "consider your options"

Posting Permissions