1.    #1  
    After all of this time with my Pre (launch day), I cracked the screen while working at a Habitat House yesterday. The bottom half of the screen had a spiderweb that kept everything in the bottom middle from working with touch.

A couple of months ago I had purchased a Sprint Pre- on Ebay as a precaution (my wife and 2 daughters have Pre-'s), so I activated it today. I first backed everything up (Backup, Google Calendar Sync, Contact Sync), and then transferred everything I could via USB.

I called Sprint to ask about the $10 Data Charge - whether this would apply since I was replacing a Pre with a Pre. The representative said she would check on it, and came back after a few minutes and said that there would be no Data Charge added. (I already have Unlimited Data, etc. with my plan).

I don't know if this is a reversal of their earlier statements, but I am pleased. If they can just get the next HP/Palm devices on Pre, I will be even happier.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    After all of this time with my Pre (launch day), I cracked the screen while working at a Habitat House yesterday. The bottom half of the screen had a spiderweb that kept everything in the bottom middle from working with touch.

A couple of months ago I had purchased a Sprint Pre- on Ebay as a precaution (my wife and 2 daughters have Pre-'s), so I activated it today. I first backed everything up (Backup, Google Calendar Sync, Contact Sync), and then transferred everything I could via USB.

I called Sprint to ask about the $10 Data Charge - whether this would apply since I was replacing a Pre with a Pre. The representative said she would check on it, and came back after a few minutes and said that there would be no Data Charge added. (I already have Unlimited Data, etc. with my plan).

I don't know if this is a reversal of their earlier statements, but I am pleased. If they can just get the next HP/Palm devices on Pre, I will be even happier.

This is correct. If you are replacing a device with the exact same device, Sprint's computers consider it to be an insurance replacement and you would not need the premium data. When you upgrade you will need to accept the premium data charge.