Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 104
  1. #81  
    man, HP best get the move on.


    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    [url= S 4G confirmed by Sprint's own website, first 'fully integrated' Google Voice smartphone -- Engadget[/url]
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    man, HP best get the move on.
    Man I'm really torn now. I mean, I'm starting to feel like jumping ship, but I know as soon as I do then webOS devices will start catching on and then I'll have to jump back on the bandwagon...but if I decide to stick it out, it'll flop and I'll be sitting around for a year with a Pre3 and will be green with envy over everybody's snazzy smartphones running circles around mine. I'm pretty sure whatever I decide to do I'll regret.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Man I'm really torn now. I mean, I'm starting to feel like jumping ship, but I know as soon as I do then webOS devices will start catching on and then I'll have to jump back on the bandwagon...but if I decide to stick it out, it'll flop and I'll be sitting around for a year with a Pre3 and will be green with envy over everybody's snazzy smartphones running circles around mine. I'm pretty sure whatever I decide to do I'll regret.
    I'm right there with you. I've been waiting for a year for a new webOS phone.... HP is really screwing the pooch here.... There are several hot devices coming to Sprint over the next two months now! I don't think I'm going to be able to hold out much longer. Like many of you, I will lose my upgrade until May with the whole premier deal Sprint is doing. When I buy a phone in May, I will be tied in for two years.... then there really will be no WebOS goodness for me....
  4. #84  
    I admit, unless Sprint announces the Pre 3 with 4G by mid May, I'm going Android, either Nexus or EVO 3D.
  5. #85  
    Well, it look like engadget has this one right. Tomorrow appears to be the day for the Nexus S 4G, EVO 3D, EVO View Tablet. We are expanding the comparison threads as we get more information:
    Atrix, Thunderbolt and EVO 3D vs. HP Pre 3 and Veer
    HP TouchPad vs. iPad 2, Xoom, PlayBook, Galaxy Tab

    Also we do have confirmation this morning on the Sprint Nexus 4G:
    Sprint, Samsung Introduce Nexus S 4G

    "Sprint Nexus S 4G customers will be among the first to receive Android software upgrades and new Google mobile apps. In many cases, the device will get the updates and new apps as soon as they are available," Sprint says in a press release.

    "Sprint Nexus S customers also will be able to easily use their current Sprint wireless phone number as their Google Voice number without having to port their number, avoiding porting charges and potential service disruptions," the Sprint press release says.

    Please post comments about product specs in their threads.
  6. #86  
    I'm sorry but hp is just pathetic..the pre3? There's just nothing exciting about it... I'm not jumping ship becuz the evo3d is to big and the nexus s apparentl doesn't have a status light(dealbreaker) but when this pre- fails I have 0 hesitation to pick up an android phone. For people waiting...what are you waiting for? What are you hoping for? Android is here now and it is fast, way faster and smoother than webos. Is webos even utilizing the gpu?
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    the nexus s apparentl doesn't have a status light(dealbreaker)
    what does this mean?
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    what does this mean?
    For notifications... like the Pre's LED light that blinks when you miss a call....

    I don't get why this would be a deal breaker though...
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I'm sorry but hp is just pathetic..the pre3? There's just nothing exciting about it...
    Largest screen on webOS yet, biggest keyboard yet, 1.4 GHz processor, double RAM, better build quality, compass for apps, noise-canceling mics, webOS 2.2, AF camera, FF camera, integration with TouchPad on multiple levels ...

    Yeah, you're right. "Nothing exciting."


    For people waiting...what are you waiting for? What are you hoping for?
    See above.


    Android is here now and it is fast, way faster and smoother than webos. Is webos even utilizing the gpu?
    LoL. Like most blanket statements, this one isn't even close to true. I mean, have you used Android? As your primary phone? For a length of time?

    It's not crap, by any means, but it's sure not what I'd call "fast." My Evo may be old, but it's still a powerhouse according to specs. Yet my Pre2 is smooth as butter compared to it.

    Give Android a couple months and 50 or so apps downloaded from the market, and you're doing every-other-day restarts just to keep the thing from chugging. "Way smoother than webOS?" True if you're talking about 1.x. Not so with 2.1 and above on the right hardware.

    Plus you're talking about over a hundred devices that run Android now. Some will be smooth (sometimes) and others will be crap. Android may be "here, now," but it's inconsistent across devices, and laggy as often as not. YMMV.
  10. shloime's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #90  
    and what about webos in your laptop, desktop,printer,etc,etc,etc?
    that is enough reason to stay with hp.
    another reason: webos is super fast now,right? wait to see what happens with webos 2.2(and beyond) and enyo ...
    now , imagine if by years end, on top of all that, we get lte, dual core , super battery,etc,etc,etc,
    remember that the touchpad,pre 3 and the veer is just the begining.
  11. #91  
    Some guy over on AndroidForums is talking alot about the Evo 3D...and it sounds awesome. They all say this Bluescreen guy is legit.

    I love webOS but i am seriously getting wicked jealous of this. Maybe that is due to HP going radio silent on all things Pre3.

    Sounds like a June release for the Evo 3D. Gonna be hard to wait on a Pre3 if that doesnt come out in June also.
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I admit, unless Sprint announces the Pre 3 with 4G by mid May, I'm going Android, either Nexus or EVO 3D.
    Since they didn't announce it as a 4g phone, I doubt it will have it. Besides, 4g drains the battery like crazy. The battery life on smartphones is bad enough as it is, I don't need a 4g phone if I have to always worry about charging it.

    Right now, I'm enjoying the battery life on my Pre 2. If the battery on the Pre 3 is as good, I'll take it without 4g.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  13. #93  
    according to a reliable source on android forums. the evo 3d will be the first true 4g phone with wimax and lte. and all of sprint 4g phones are backwards compatible with lte
    Last edited by m3grady2; 03/21/2011 at 10:00 PM.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    Some guy over on AndroidForums is talking alot about the Evo 3D...and it sounds awesome. They all say this Bluescreen guy is legit.

    I love webOS but i am seriously getting wicked jealous of this. Maybe that is due to HP going radio silent on all things Pre3.

    Sounds like a June release for the Evo 3D. Gonna be hard to wait on a Pre3 if that doesnt come out in June also.
    Pre 3 is yesterday's news compared to Evo 3D (if the specs are true).
    Look, I love Web OS, have owned a Pre since June 6, 2009 but the EVO 3D looks to be a monster uber device.
    After reading that Android Forums thread, I'm almost ready to jump. I just want to wait for an official Sprint-HP announcement with specs and see exactly what the Pre 3 will be.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Pre 3 is yesterday's news compared to Evo 3D (if the specs are true).
    Look, I love Web OS, have owned a Pre since June 6, 2009 but the EVO 3D looks to be a monster uber device.
    After reading that Android Forums thread, I'm almost ready to jump. I just want to wait for an official Sprint-HP announcement with specs and see exactly what the Pre 3 will be.
    Specs are real buddy... I am in the same boat, and it will be funny thing when the Evo 3D will come out before the Pre3...

    Whats really holding me back besides webOS' OS is

    1) Touchstone, I love that thing charging in my car.. and the touchpad etc

    2) Based of touchstone.... touch to share and the ability to answer phone calls on the touchpad.

    All this means **** if Pre3 doesnt come onto sprint
  16. shloime's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #96  
    what are the hot specs on the evo 3d that makes you think about droping the pre 3?
  17. #97  
    hot specs on the evo 3d that make me drop the pre 3 umm... Just about everything .. The pre 3 is soooo last year
  18. shloime's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #98  
    just to understand, can you be more specific? like : how much more resolution, how much bigger screen, how much better the os,etc?
  19. LNWJ's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    #99  
    The Nexus S looks like a sweet, sweet phone. I am liking the look of stock Android. I need to stick with Sprint, they are affordable. That means leaving webOS behind if HP has no offerings.
  20. #100  
    well.. Despite what ppl say here android os isn't bad, it's just different (yes I'v had time to really play w/ it) and I like both webos and android os as far as res. Bigger screen ect. There's a thread that compaires what we already know about the evo 3d vs the pre 3 (and a few other phones here

    http://m.forums.precentral.net/other...re-3-veer.html
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions