Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    We don't know what an EVO 3D is yet, but the Pre 3 is more powerful then the Nexus S. The Nexus S has a single core 1GHZ Hummingbird processor. The same as the Epic 4G. The Pre 3 has a single core 1.4GHZ Snapdragon processor. Which one sounds better?
    The Evo 3D.
    It's not about the specs. It's about the experience. (I want this to be a permanent banner on every tech site.)

That said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't mildly interested in what the Evo3D will offer. I shoot a lot of video from my current Evo (and my Pre2), and the notion of shooting in 3D is appealing even to someone like me, who's not a fan of 3D movies.
    so it looks like sprint is getting the nexus s 4g, evo 3d, motorola xoom and atrix too
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Taken from Android Central....

"The HTC Evo 3D is the real show-stopper though, and has some awesome specs. The Evo 3D supposedly has the following hardware:

* 4.3-inch 3D qHD capacitive 960 x 540 px display
    * 1730 mAh battery
    * 4GB internal memory with 8 GB SD card, expandable to 32 GB
    * 1 GB RAM
    * 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon CPU
    * Android 2.3
    * Dual 5 MP rear cameras (3D)
    * 1.3 MP Front camera
    * records 2D @ 1080p, 3D @ 720p
    * Dimensions = 5.0 x 2.6 x .48 inches
    * DNLA support and HDMI port"
    I think the pre 3 is gonna be a mid range device, and Hpalm will have the high end stuff ready for there show next february.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illadelph83 View Post

"The HTC Evo 3D is the real show-stopper though, and has some awesome specs. The Evo 3D supposedly has the following hardware:

* 1730 mAh battery
    * 1 GB RAM
    * Android 2.3
    * 1.3 MP Front camera
    how is this a show stopper im confused. A Evo with a few bumped specs nothing major to me. Though it will sell, because of the fan base smh.

complete sprint announce info:

Sprintís CTIA announcements: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO View 4G, Motorola XOOM, much more

Sprint’s CTIA announcements: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO View 4G, Motorola XOOM, much more | BGR
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    how is this a show stopper im confused. A Evo with a few bumped specs nothing major to me. Though it will sell, because of the fan base smh.

complete sprint announce info:

Sprintís CTIA announcements: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO View 4G, Motorola XOOM, much more

Sprintís CTIA announcements: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO View 4G, Motorola XOOM, much more | BGR
    The stats seem to be greater than the Pre 3. Depending on battery life, but if this thing is released around the same time, the Pre 3 is probably going to be Doa for Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by TLG James View Post
    The stats seem to be greater than the Pre 3. Depending on battery life, but if this thing is released around the same time, the Pre 3 is probably going to be Doa for Sprint.
    well it dosent matter about stats, since they are actully similar with the Pre 3 having a stronger chipset same cam specs, same mem options (minus micro card) etc. Though you should know its more to a great device then specs by now, look at the iphones....Also at this point still Android is still a selling device so no matter what any specs a device is right now if its android it will sell unless of course it involves a iphone. The pre 3 will still sell very well IMO, just due to its fan base (because the markets share is holding strong meaning most people didnt jump when all these new devices have come out in the last 2 yrs since the pre launch). As well as if you look even at WP7 numbers they are speculating sells of excess of 3.3 million and about a million in feb alone. There is already a anti Android fan base that is building so dont be so sure that anything on any carrier is DOA now that people will soon have IMO better options then Android.
    wow man evo 3d sounds like an awesome device this might finally push me to the android bandwagon...been with pre minus since 2009 i ran out of patience
    I understand that each carrier only has one or 2 'flagship' phones, but I can't get over the mentality by many that unless a phone is the top selling phone it is 'a fail' (people also now have the ability to change meanings of words, incredible!).

Sure the Evo3d might be Sprint's flagship phone, but they sell many other phones as well. I don't think that HP is expecting the Pre 3 to be the largest selling phone. Between the Pre 2, Veer, Pre 3 and TouchPad they want to create a much larger market than they currently have, but I don't think their goal this summer is to surpass the iPhone or Android in terms of sales.

People are quick to forget that Android was awful in terms of market share when it debuted as well. This is a marathon not a sprint. Anyone who thinks this summer, or even the next year or two will be the decider of the phone/tablet market is terribly shortsighted.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I understand that each carrier only has one or 2 'flagship' phones, but I can't get over the mentality by many that unless a phone is the top selling phone it is 'a fail' (people also now have the ability to change meanings of words, incredible!).

Sure the Evo3d might be Sprint's flagship phone, but they sell many other phones as well. I don't think that HP is expecting the Pre 3 to be the largest selling phone. Between the Pre 2, Veer, Pre 3 and TouchPad they want to create a much larger market than they currently have, but I don't think their goal this summer is to surpass the iPhone or Android in terms of sales.

People are quick to forget that Android was awful in terms of market share when it debuted as well. This is a marathon not a sprint. Anyone who thinks this summer, or even the next year or two will be the decider of the phone/tablet market is terribly shortsighted.

thank you very well said.
    I'm a launch day Pre owner and I admit, that EVO 3D sounds cool.
    I really miss my Slingbox and since Web OS still doesn't have a Sling player...
    Just sayin.
    I don't think its wrong for people to expect a "flaghsip" device to sell well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illadelph83 View Post

* 1730 mAh battery
    * 1 GB RAM
    * Android 2.3
    * 1.3 MP Front camera
    is that the same dual core processor that's in the touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by rkev View Post
    I agree but with one exception: developers.

Even Android - which sold ok at first, not "awful" - had a lot of developer support and was well over 10,000 apps before even the Hero arrived on Sprint much less the Droid. Windows Phone 7 is also doing "ok", but they have well over 10,000 apps and are outpacing Android.

Its cool to say its a marathon and all, but it don't seem like developers wait around for a platform to gain traction. The ones that got developers now - Apple, Android, and WP7 - are the ones that had 'em from when they first put their SDK out. If HP doesn't restart strong and keep the momentum going, we stand a good chance of staying app-deficient forever.
    I completely agree with you. I think what people are disagreeing about is what is considered 'strong.' I consider strong to be a good selling device that increases marketshare enough to gain developer support. Others seem to think it needs to be the top selling phone or tab to get this.

If HP can increase its marketshare with the TouchPad and Pre 3 they will be in the position to see more developer support which will support the platform. I would absolutely love for the Pre 3 and TP to bring consumers and developers onboard, which would allow HP to continue releasing devices that can truly compete, and beat the opposition down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    is that the same dual core processor that's in the touchpad?
    Yep, the Evo 3D uses the same MSM8660 dual core 1.2 GHz cpu as in the TouchPad, so I'd imagine it also uses the Adreno 220 vs. the Pre3's Adreno 205, and it has twice the RAM, 1Gb vs 512Mb, expandable storage vs not, hdmi out vs not. In summary, it really trumps the Pre3 in every spec category. If the Evo 3D sells for $200 or $250, no way the Pre3 can sell for $200 like I figured it would.

Considering how long it's taking HP to get products to market, they've blown it. IMO, they needed to deliver a max-spec'ed device this summer and they have not. The Evo 3D will launch in June as well.

It's obvious that the HP/Palm acquisition put them an entire product cycle behind and it will take them some time to catch up.
    exactly and they're coming months time frames virtually makes it impossible for them to catch up.

The evo 3d is a show stopper, and is not just a minor spec bump. This is how u make a high end phone.

The pre 3 for $99 on contract this summer is not bad though.
    Last edited by m3grady2; 03/20/2011 at 01:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    exactly and they're coming months time frames virtually makes it impossible for them to catch up.

The evo 3d is a show stopper, and is not just a minor spec bump. This is how u make a high end phone.

The pre 3 for $99 on contract this summer is not bad though.
    This is pretty much Pre's only hope. If the Pre3 fails, I don't see how HP will sink more money into it.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I bet the Pre3 still be $199. The Arrive goes on sale today on Sprint and is $199 after a mail in rebate and it only has a 1ghz snapdragon.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast