Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    We need to hear carrier announcements ASAP because all these new phones coming out are just overshadowing WebOS.
    Not looking good for those that are locked into Sprint. With the Evo, Evo Shift, Epic, Evo3d, Nexus, and the Echo all of which are fairly high to high end smartphones, that does not leave a lot of room for the Pre3.

Worse, in my mind is the Evo tablet. If Sprint is going to have that, hard to see them doing the touchpad as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Not looking good for those that are locked into Sprint. With the Evo, Evo Shift, Epic, Evo3d, Nexus, and the Echo all of which are fairly high to high end smartphones, that does not leave a lot of room for the Pre3.

Worse, in my mind is the Evo tablet. If Sprint is going to have that, hard to see them doing the touchpad as well.
    Well...by this summer Evo and Epic will be fairly 'long in the tooth'...last year's hotness.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    As for the Pre 3 being competitive, 4G will have nothing to do with it. The carrier believing it is competitive will.
    If Pre 3 doesn't have 4G (and a dual-core processor), I'm outa here!
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Well...by this summer Evo and Epic will be fairly 'long in the tooth'...last year's hotness.
    True, but they still still "out spec" and, more importantly, out perform a lot of the phones out there (perhaps even the Pre3, we shall see) and the evo is still the #1 Sprint smartphone right at this moment. Plus you can get evo, epic and evo shift (when you catch the right deals and discounts) for as low as $99 (with 2-year extention of course). I expect that the standard on-conrtract price for these phones will drop to $99 from $149 after the newer versions of everything are released. In any case, I doubt the "long in the tooth phones" will be dropped as the phones in the announcement rumors are not really replacements for them, which means all of those smartphones on Sprint leaving not a lot of room for a Pre3.
    You know what would be awesome if it was just a nexus 4g, not a nexus s 4g. That way it could be motorola's attempt at a nexus phone(since nexus 1 was htc and nexus s was samsung.)

Give me vanilla android with gingerbread 2.3, and fingerprint scanner, with dualcore and possibly webtop. that would kick qass
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green2u View Post
    It was already announced as single core and it is doubtful it will be 4G. If those are your only two criteria then you might want to go ahead and get your new phone instead of waiting until the Pre 3 is actually released.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drexaljim View Post
    if pre3 don't come to sprint evo 3d it will be. can't leave sprint
    Honestly, do yourself a favor and save a bunch of money. Just get an original EVO. It does everything so well and has an established support community, so any spec bumps with an EVO2 (3D or not) won't really make that much of a difference in real life use.

Don't get me me wrong, I would love to have a Pre3, but I went to an EVO and have been impressed. Getting used to the kb was a breeze since you have so much screen size and it's funny now how when I play with a smaller screen phone it seems like the EVO is the right size. Save the cash, get an EVO, and give the Pre3 (and beyond) time to mature. Then, upgrade and go back to a future HP model next year.

My two cents.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    True, but they still still "out spec" and, more importantly, out perform a lot of the phones out there (perhaps even the Pre3, we shall see) and the evo is still the #1 Sprint smartphone right at this moment. Plus you can get evo, epic and evo shift (when you catch the right deals and discounts) for as low as $99 (with 2-year extention of course). I expect that the standard on-conrtract price for these phones will drop to $99 from $149 after the newer versions of everything are released. In any case, I doubt the "long in the tooth phones" will be dropped as the phones in the announcement rumors are not really replacements for them, which means all of those smartphones on Sprint leaving not a lot of room for a Pre3.
    Agree. After several months now with an EVO and having watched all of the new superphone announcements at CES, etc...I keep asking what else do I need that my EVO doesn't already do? It's stayed at the top for a long time even though the pace of phone development has picked up to warp speed.

One of the key features of the EVO that I don't think gets enough discussion is how much better reception it gets than any other Sprint phone. It's ridiculous in my experience traveling a ton for work that I notice how much better it is than any of my previous phones (Treos, BB, WinMo, Pre). That alone would make me hesitant to change to anything else that wasn't significantly better. YMMV

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    I would love the nexus s on sprint even if it's 4 months old

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I would love the nexus s on sprint even if it's 4 months old
    Meh on the Nexus S. I have both the EVO and the Nexus S (for development) and while I like the vibrant screen (and Gingerbread) on the NS better, I find the EVO to be a much better device overall.

It would still be a great option to add to the Sprint lineup however.
    the pre3 doesn't stand a chance against the nexus s 4g or the evo 3d. i also do not think sprint will even carry the pre3 at all. i do know one of the new droid phones will be mine upon release! i love my evo but it's time to upgrade!
    the pre3 doesn't stand a chance against the nexus s 4g or the evo 3d. i also do not think sprint will even carry the pre3 at all. i do know one of the new droid phones will be mine upon release! i love my evo but it's time to upgrade!
    Well, what is " better " is always going to be a matter of ( hot) opinion, but the crux of it at this point is that I think it is getting more and more unlikely we will see the pre on sprint.

Sent from my Evo - so there!
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    This is going to be REALLY tough for the Pre3... this is going to be a uphill battle! At this point close to vertical! So many people are going to be drawn away by new devices coming out! Me included if the Pre3 isnt at the very least announced for Sprint.

I think thats all most of us really need, is a announcement on the Pre3. Then at the least I would have something to look forward to. Not just wishing on a star (Done enough of that this past year waiting on a new Palm device on Sprint!)
    Even if the pre 3 comes to sprint then what? It's been a year since the buyout and there are 0 major developers on webOS, WP7 just passed 10k apps, were still stuck at 6k. Not to mention the reports of the classic webOS lag being present in the Pre3 and Touchpad and I'm just not excited and more and more coveting the EVO Shift 4G my girl just got...
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Even if the pre 3 comes to sprint then what? It's been a year since the buyout and there are 0 major developers on webOS, WP7 just passed 10k apps, were still stuck at 6k. Not to mention the reports of the classic webOS lag being present in the Pre3 and Touchpad and I'm just not excited and more and more coveting the EVO Shift 4G my girl just got...
    hm not sure of the lag in the pre 3, the touchpad is not a final product and will be boasting a new verison of webos 3.0. Rather none are available, or ready for the market as a final version so I dont worry about pre production products so dont worry about that. Also applications will be there, and the quanity is overrated you should only worry about applications that you need or use that are going to be there or not. WP7 is a very nice OS, though is loosing more market share a Q faster then Webos, and with new devices out on the market. Though to each its own, and Android is a very capable OS (though I thought comparable to webos, until I uploaded 2.1 to my devices recently) and if you were going for a slider word of advice go for the Epic, the shift is downgraded so much from the Evo version, and the keyboard is not that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    hm not sure of the lag in the pre 3, the touchpad is not a final product and will be boasting a new verison of webos 3.0. Rather none are available, or ready for the market as a final version so I dont worry about pre production products so dont worry about that. Also applications will be there, and the quanity is overrated you should only worry about applications that you need or use that are going to be there or not. WP7 is a very nice OS, though is loosing more market share a Q faster then Webos, and with new devices out on the market. Though to each its own, and Android is a very capable OS (though I thought comparable to webos, until I uploaded 2.1 to my devices recently) and if you were going for a slider word of advice go for the Epic, the shift is downgraded so much from the Evo version, and the keyboard is not that good.
    agree 100%, but number of apps is directly indicative of overall support. The more apps there are the more choices there are the more likely you will find what you want. 6k is pathetic and 90% of those are garbage apps. I still want shazam...not on webos. Also have allt eh API's been released? Is there mic access, camera access etc? It still feels like and incomplete, underdog OS. Multi tasking and notifications can only take you but so far...
    Man I love the Pre, but mine is falling apart so fast....
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I get your point overall, but "0 major developers on webOS" is just plain wrong. One needs only look to the Time, Inc., Amazon Kindle, and Skype deals announced 2/9 to see that. Not sure what a "major developer" is if those guys aren't counted.

Not to mention the big-name players we've had for a long time, like LinkedIn, Grooveshark, Angry Birds, all the Gameloft titles, Fandango, TWC, Pandora, etc., etc.

Granted, the App Catalog isn't what I'd consider "healthy," but it's really not as anemic as a lot of people seem to think, either. And the diversity and number of apps are only going to grow as HP pushes webOS to the masses this year. To say there are no big name devs is just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by green2u View Post
    The Pre 3 has the fastest mobile processor on the market. Are you telling me you'd rather have a slower processor? And it hasn't been announced if it isn't getting 4G, who knows they could have kept that tidbit out Feb 9th (although I doubt that).

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    We don't know what an EVO 3D is yet, but the Pre 3 is more powerful then the Nexus S. The Nexus S has a single core 1GHZ Hummingbird processor. The same as the Epic 4G. The Pre 3 has a single core 1.4GHZ Snapdragon processor. Which one sounds better?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast