Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    GOOD LORD! Those phones like nice. I've been a Palm user for 10 years and I really think the Pre - might be my last one now. The EVO 3D and Nexus S are super cool phones. I'm not sure how I can justify bypassing one of these beauties for the Pre3...
    Yeah me too, Ive been with Palm/Handsrping since the treo 270 days...

But if no Pre3 in sight anytime soon, I will be comitting to the Nexus S or Evo 3D and will be sticking to the iPad 2

****ing **** HP!!! You could have killed it with a March release of the Touchpad, Pre3 and Veer.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    The article says there's a large time slot for Sprint's show, so maybe they're announcing a bunch of new phones, including a Pre 3.

Heck, who knows, I will just wait until Mar 22 and see
    you know, i wouldn't be so hard on android and its manufactures if they focused more on the user experience and less on this "arms race"

its like your only options will be an glorified feature-phone, or a spec'd out behemoth will bells and whistles that no one asked for.

3D phones? absolute overkill.

if i want a decently priced smartphone, with decent cameras, strong web integration, a battery to get me through the day, and a powerful UI, where do i turn?

PS: i would never buy a carrier branded tablet. silly.
    2 1/2 hours on 3 pieces of hardware (all of which are pretty standard android flavors) seems pretty overkill. PLEASE announce the Pre3 at the end for a May release with 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Yeah me too, Ive been with Palm/Handsrping since the treo 270 days...

But if no Pre3 in sight anytime soon, I will be comitting to the Nexus S or Evo 3D and will be sticking to the iPad 2

****ing **** HP!!! You could have killed it with a March release of the Touchpad, Pre3 and Veer.

I'm in almost the exact situation as you! Been with palm since using the Treo 300 on Sprint.

I know a lot people are saying don't worry about the spec arms race and "it's about the OS" mantra.... but c'mon how can you ignore it? And besides, Andriod is pretty nice too last time I played around with it. Furthermore, it has epocrates and whole bunch of medical devs that webos doesn't.

I love the community here and have been an avid poster and mod here for close to 10 years, but you can't hide your head in the sand and drink the koolaid forever. The EVO 3D is calling my name! I think I might be posting over at andriodcentral more in the future...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    everyone that went to android, comes back to webos. everyone !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shloime View Post
    everyone that went to android, comes back to webos. everyone !!!
    Not bloody likely!

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Well I already decided to leave Sprint cause I will loose all my upgrades starting April 1st and I spoke to them about it and they nothing they can do, and she also said that there is no word on Pre 3, she said next I get my upgrade back by that time I will be able to get my Pre 3, so I will be leaving Sprint and going to AT&T since there plan is little better for me and I will either get the Pre 3 on AT&T or the iPhone 5, will wait till June and wait for the news from HP and from Apple. I am tired of BS from Sprint. They are hung up on Android phones.
    If the P3 doesn't come to Sprint then I guess I'll be making a couple more Franken-Pre's to replace the families Pre-'s we are using.

I've used iOS & Android and do not really see the user experience everyone talks about. I don't need 60k apps that are repeats or just plain dumb. WebOS is tuely the best OS on a phone. Yes there are some issues with it but it still beats what is out there.

I'm staying with Sprint and webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Well I already decided to leave Sprint cause I will loose all my upgrades starting April 1st and I spoke to them about it and they nothing they can do, and she also said that there is no word on Pre 3, she said next I get my upgrade back by that time I will be able to get my Pre 3, so I will be leaving Sprint and going to AT&T since there plan is little better for me and I will either get the Pre 3 on AT&T or the iPhone 5, will wait till June and wait for the news from HP and from Apple. I am tired of BS from Sprint. They are hung up on Android phones.
    You don't lose your upgrade april 1st, You just wont be able to upgrade at 150$ discount untill 22 months. You can still upgrade early at 75$ discount at 1 year.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    You don't lose your upgrade april 1st, You just wont be able to upgrade at 150$ discount untill 22 months. You can still upgrade early at 75$ discount at 1

year.
    yes all of your current discounts disappear. That was told to me twice last week by two reps.
    I'm still hoping the rumors earlier this year of HP pumping out numerous new phones every quarter are true cuz if come June and end of summer and the Pre 3 is still the flagship webos phone, then they are in a world of trouble. HP needs to release a slab superphone to compete with the uber androids and iphone...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by kaulds View Post
    yes all of your current discounts disappear. That was told to me twice last week by two reps.
    Reps do make mistakes. the actual policy is over on sprint gurus. which states differently
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    I'm still hoping the rumors earlier this year of HP pumping out numerous new phones every quarter are true cuz if come June and end of summer and the Pre 3 is still the flagship webos phone, then they are in a world of trouble. HP needs to release a slab superphone to compete with the uber androids and iphone...
    who needs a slab? "just keep the keyboard closed on your pre 3."
    Yeah, this rumor is looking less like a rumor.

Sprint's Nexus website is 'coming soon' -- Engadget

I don't care much about a 3D Evo, but a 4g Nexus S is very appealing, especially if it comes stock.
    I agree a lot with what has been said. HP is missing the boat with the Pre 3. I'm sure Sprint is trying their darnedest to get some flagship phones that will launch after the April 1 day when they change the data fee to $10. They want people to sign up after that!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoD_trentonj View Post
    I agree a lot with what has been said. HP is missing the boat with the Pre 3. I'm sure Sprint is trying their darnedest to get some flagship phones that will launch after the April 1 day when they change the data fee to $10. They want people to sign up after that!!
    The $10 is already in effect...has been since, I believe, Feb 1st. You're thinking of the Premier membership status changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaulds View Post
    Oh sweet jeebus...I can't believe folks are still confused about all this.

If you're up to 22 months and $150, you will still be up for $150.
    If you're up to 12 months and $150, you will lose the $150 and only have $75 after April 1 until you hit 22 months on your contract.

...and if you're like me and up to 12 months and $150, but will become a Gold member in June, you will get that $150 discount a few months earlier...perfect timing for the Pre3
    I am not sad to be rid of Sprint. I am happy on ATT. That being said, I am sorry that I gave Sprint a hard time about the Kyocera POS. Add the Pre 3 to that bunch and Sprint will have the best lineup bar none.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    C'mon HP, I want to stay with Web OS but you seem to be doing everything to make me go to Android.
    Announce some carrier deals, set a date, not a season. It's been about a month since your "big" Feb. 9 event and I'm hearing crickets.
    I go back to a Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Palm Tungsten C, Treo 650, 700p and Pre.
    I don't want to go to Android but they seem to want my business more than you do.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast