Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Pre crashed and burned again (this is the third Pre Plus on Verizon) that has become inoperable. I just called Verizon to get it replaced, and the customer service people told me they were completely out of stock, and they tried to tell me they'd replace it with a Pixi.

Does anyone know how long it generally takes for Verizon to get the phones back into stock and how long I might have to wait to get a replacement phone? I understand that Verizon is all about the Pre Plus 2 now, but it seems pretty crazy that they would no longer stock a phone that was rolled out less than 2 years ago, especially with all the issues this phone has had.
    I would call and complain until they give you a Pre 2.

Pixi Plus is quite a downgrade from the Pre Plus.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Hmmn, don't know as it sounds like they are really clearing inventory. If I were the hopeful type, I would guess that they would get the next model (Pre3 or whatever) by the fall.
    I bought a lightly used PrePlus off ebay a few weeks ago to be a testing model to install 2.1, which is the latest operating system. I'm glad to send it to you when I am done, which will be next week. Cost $100, includes box with original accessories and manuals including charger, cord and case. Shipping priority mail anywhere in US is additional $10.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Bluenote. I'm going to force Verizon to send me something though. I pay the $5/month for the replacement plan, so I'm going to make sure I get something for free. My wife has a Pixi, so I know what a downgrade that would be...I doubt if I can get them to send me a Pre2, but I suppose if I complain loud enough, I might have a chance at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctown View Post
    Thanks Bluenote. I'm going to force Verizon to send me something though. I pay the $5/month for the replacement plan, so I'm going to make sure I get something for free. My wife has a Pixi, so I know what a downgrade that would be...I doubt if I can get them to send me a Pre2, but I suppose if I complain loud enough, I might have a chance at it.
    Go for it. I think some people have had success with that although you might be asked to sign an additional contract. Check out this thread below:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...pre-2-vzw.html
    Why not send it back to Palm/HP? They still have plenty, apparently.

(Gotta love the robust 60 percent rating on the manufacturer's website.)
    Contact the guy on the forums that has the VZW store in New York. He might be able to get you a Pre2.
    I JUST dropped my pre in water Called asurion and they are mailing my pre + should be here monday. They didnt say anything about being low or out of stock. I woulda complained until u got your pre2
    Yep, if they can't offer you a timely Pre Plus replacement complain until they replace it with a Pre 2. Definitely DO NOT settle for a Pixi Plus. If you want one of those their going around all the deal sites for $50 or less NEW with no contract.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    They most definitely are NOT out of those handsets…because of this thread I finally called and told them about my headset jack/spontaneous shutoff problems (I have extended warranty + insurance, the 7.99 plan) and they told me they're shipping me a refurb Pre plus. I'm only mildly furious. Like, really? Here I am, about to get replacement #4?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
    I JUST dropped my pre in water Called asurion and they are mailing my pre + should be here monday. They didnt say anything about being low or out of stock. I woulda complained until u got your pre2
    there's an easy fix for a pre that has been dropped in water (ive done it twice with the current Pre I'm typing this on). All you have to do is take the battery out, slide the keyboard open and place the phone in a bag of dry, white rice overnight. The phone will be bone dry, inside and out.
    Quote Originally Posted by crobcary View Post
    They most definitely are NOT out of those handsets…because of this thread I finally called and told them about my headset jack/spontaneous shutoff problems (I have extended warranty + insurance, the 7.99 plan) and they told me they're shipping me a refurb Pre plus. I'm only mildly furious. Like, really? Here I am, about to get replacement #4?!
    I had the same spontaneous shut off problem (the screen would just go black and the device would be off). It's because the battery isn't pressing against the terminals hard enough. Just take a small folded piece of paper and wedge it at the top of the battery to put pressure on the terminals. I haven't had one unwanted shut off since I did that.
    A quick search of these forums would have saved all of you the deductible you had to pay through your insurance. I learned the hard way too. I'm on my seventh Pre on Sprint. Two of which I used my insurance for
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    A quick search of these forums would have saved all of you the deductible you had to pay through your insurance. I learned the hard way too. I'm on my seventh Pre on Sprint. Two of which I used my insurance for
    Can you please point us in the direction of what you're refering too? I'd been cheaper to buy a new phone from one of the deals websites or ebay for me. I had to pay $89 for a replacement phone, and pray to God that the refurb phone is an ok one.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I tried that and then I also saw that it had the newer, better-fitting battery. It's been a late-in-life problem, not one that had been going on for a while. I think it's just that these guys don't age well at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    there's an easy fix for a pre that has been dropped in water (ive done it twice with the current Pre I'm typing this on). All you have to do is take the battery out, slide the keyboard open and place the phone in a bag of dry, white rice overnight. The phone will be bone dry, inside and out.
    this will work provided you don't turn phone on while it's still wet before you dry it our ha ha
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
    Can you please point us in the direction of what you're refering too? I'd been cheaper to buy a new phone from one of the deals websites or ebay for me. I had to pay $89 for a replacement phone, and pray to God that the refurb phone is an ok one.
    sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by pointing you in the right direction. If you mean links to the specific forum threads, I can't right now at work, but the rice thing works well. The first pre, I dropped in iced tea actually and I ordered a replacement through the Asurion insurance program and by the time the replacement got to my apartment, the Pre had just completely dried out on it's own. Didn't even have to use the rice, but I learned of that trick after the iced tea incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by crobcary View Post
    I tried that and then I also saw that it had the newer, better-fitting battery. It's been a late-in-life problem, not one that had been going on for a while. I think it's just that these guys don't age well at all.
    You are right, they certainly do not age well. I wasn't aware they made a better fitting battery. On mine, I think it is a late in life issue too but mine isn't the battery, it is the contacts on the phone that just aren't as springy as they once were.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Well, I guess we'll see what I get. I went by my local Verizon Wireless store today because after six months my Pre Plus is starting to show the classic problems others complain about: crack in case radiating from cable port, and Oreo effect, though mine is more like in-and-out slop rather than the twisting type. The rep VERY quickly said warranty replacement would be no problem and I'd have a replacement phone TOMORROW. I wonder what I'll get? I'll pray for a Pre 2, though I'm sure I won't get it.

I had debated going this route or just picking up a dirt-cheap off-contract Pixi Plus for fifty-odd dollars...I guess this will dictate the next step won't it?
    remember, don't call or visit verizon stores. Call 611 or the verizon support number.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast