1.    #1  
    Sprint Indeed Making a Splash at CTIA | Android Phone Fans

seems more andriod is coming, but where is HP's carrier announcements?
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    "coming this summer"?

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
    LOL
    If this ends up being an Evo 2, or a similar flagship Android device for Sprint, I fear the worse for the Pre 3 Launch. With an expected iPhone 5 launch this summer on both Verizon & AT&T, Sprint was probably going to be the only carrier to really push a Pre 3 Launch. If Sprint gets another flagship phone like the Evo, I don't see them putting much emphasis on the Pre 3.

It will be interesting to see how things unfold by summer time.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    new palm 4 to 5" 4g superphone exclusive to sprint in june. Rumor hope it's true hpalm making things right with original pre owners
  6.    #6  
    What happens if NO carrier picks up HP's phones? lol. Is that even a possibility?
    Hasn't HP stated in the past that even tho there going to continue the smartphone market, its not there priority?

So with that said, why would HP even care if they released on AT&T or Verizon?

I think people that continue to hold out for sprint are going to be sorely disappointed. And I'm one of them. If it wasn't for webos-internals getting 2.1 on the sprint pre, I might have moved on to a evo till something happens with sprint. I won't be moving carriers. Sprint is cheaper regardless.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drexaljim View Post
    new palm 4 to 5" 4g superphone exclusive to sprint in june. Rumor hope it's true hpalm making things right with original pre owners
    Fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Hasn't HP stated in the past that even tho there going to continue the smartphone market, its not there priority?

So with that said, why would HP even care if they released on AT&T or Verizon?

I think people that continue to hold out for sprint are going to be sorely disappointed. And I'm one of them. If it wasn't for webos-internals getting 2.1 on the sprint pre, I might have moved on to a evo till something happens with sprint. I won't be moving carriers. Sprint is cheaper regardless.
    I love webOS but how much of this can us Sprint users take? I switched to an Evo last month after using the Pre since launch.

Sprint has high end Android devices just not webOS. Still decent though, and at the price you pay..Android is not a bad option at all. With 4G it is definitely a really reasonable trade off. I'd love to have a 4G webOS device by the end of this year but that is just a dream.
  10.    #10  
    What's Sprint unveiling at CTIA?

HTC got an invite...
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    What happens if NO carrier picks up HP's phones? lol. Is that even a possibility?
    Isn't it funny (a sad, sad kind of funny) that a thought like that is even possible?? Really, I mean any of us who have or continue to use WebOS know how much better the UI is compared to Android or iOS or BB, but yet it just feels like there is a continual slow death of it. If there was mass demand, wouldn't carriers be jumping at the chance to carry these new HP devices? Obviously that doesn't appear to be happening with no news and no hype. At the same time, the tech blog reviews of the Pre 3/Veer and 2.0 are all quite positive there should be more excitement beyond just the smattering of Palm loyalists that remain holding on to hope. Ask anyone you know who isn't a smartphone junkie if they're interested in a new HP phone running fast with new features on WebOS 2.0 and it won't even register with them. And when iPhone5 hype starts to build, along with any possible resurgence of BB with the Dakota/Montana that a lot of people are looking forward to (they do still hold a huge user base)...I wonder if HP will be able to get any kind of market share? So weird when you really think about it. The usability of WebOS should be huge with mass appeal, but it just isn't looking good at all.

(sent implausibly via EVO)

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.