Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey Guys, If you want to sticky this you can. I own a Verizon Store in NY.

Since there is a lot of Sprint support i see here, I thought that a lot of you Verizon Customers would appreciate this.

This is my info:
    Here is my spot on Verizon's website (Store name Cellular City)

Store Locator - Verizon Wireless

Cellular City, Incorporated

1046 Montauk Hwy
    Copiague, NY 11726
    (631) 226-7575

Ask Me anything you guys would like Verizon related and ill try to answer to the best of my ability. Ill check in about once a day
    is mobile hotspot free on the pre2?
    if I pay full (unsubsidized) price for a pre2 do I have to extend my contract for 2 years?
    my pre+ is starting to have problems, is it possible to move into a pre2 as a insurance/warranty replacement?
    if I use an upgrade from another line on my plan, can I replace the phone on that line with one I already own but isn't currently active?
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I wish I could buy a Pre2 from you without extending my contract, but my upgrade isn't even available until July and I cannot afford that much money off-contract. Even though I am having SIGNIFICANT oreo....

By the way, I've seen your posts in here before, and I really appreciate your support of WebOS.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgnos View Post
    is mobile hotspot free on the pre2?
    if I pay full (unsubsidized) price for a pre2 do I have to extend my contract for 2 years?
    my pre+ is starting to have problems, is it possible to move into a pre2 as a insurance/warranty replacement?
    if I use an upgrade from another line on my plan, can I replace the phone on that line with one I already own but isn't currently active?
    Mobile Hotspot is not free on pre 2.

No your contract will not be extended if you buy it for the full price.

Yes it is possible. You have to call verizon complain ALOT.

Yes. Its callled an alternate upgrade
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    Even though I am having SIGNIFICANT oreo....
    You can always get this replaced by verizon under your warranty. after 3-4 replacements if you tell them that this is bull**** that you have to deal with this, they CAN/WILL give you the pre 2 w/o a contract. If they tell you they can't do it than ask to speak to their manager. They def. have the power to give you the next best phone if your pre + and replacements always have problems.

Also just mention the problems that all pre +'s have, like no gps working, google sync; etc.
    This is the only question most Sprint users want to ask:

Tell me exactly why I should leave the comforts of my $70/mo all-you-can-eat monthly bill and $200 ETFs at Sprint and come to Verizon.
    I bet you get this a lot, and I don't expect you to have any answer at all, but Pre 2 webOS 2.1? When?

I really appreciate you answering questions for us!
    What is the meaning of life...on a Verizon phone?

See what I did there...tied the question into a Verizon question...anybody? Who let that cricket in here?

Despite my sad attempt at humor, I do have a question for real...

Are you aware if there is any possibility that VZ Navigator will be offered for a much smaller monthly fee, or for free, as Sprint Navigation is offered? Since the Google Navigation is free on Android phones, it only seems fair that, if a good navigation application would become available for webOS, it would be allowed to be used on VZ data network for free just like Google Nav. Any thoughts on that?

And I too want to thank you for offering to answer our questions.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I vote for 'sticki-fying' this thread...if it hasn't already been 'sticki-fied'.
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 03/04/2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: EDIT: Oh yeah, I vote for 'sticki-fying' this thread...if it hasn't already been 'sticki-fied'.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    This is the only question most Sprint users want to ask:

Tell me exactly why I should leave the comforts of my $70/mo all-you-can-eat monthly bill and $200 ETFs at Sprint and come to Verizon.
    You shouldn't. If your happy with the service sprint gives you in your area than thats great for you. Most areas Sprint does not have great coverage, which is why a lot of people choose Verizon. Here in NY, Sprints service is garbage. Ive tested it myself.

Also not everyone needs Unlimited everything. A lot of people go on a plan with a set # of minutes b.c nowadays everyones texts, bbms; etc. Also not everyone wants a smartphone.

Also remember its always more expensive going on a single plan compared to a family plan. Our family plans are pretty competitive. Most of my customers don't care that they could save $20/month with sprint.

I had a customer switch from Sprint. Her family had 2 smartphones and 2 regular phones. She was paying $210/month plus tax with sprint (this included navigation and data for all the phones), However, the two other phones was a young child and her 75 yr. old father. Verizon was the same exact price except the 2 regular phones didn't get internet, which they never used anyway.
    Last edited by S.hasan546; 03/04/2011 at 02:49 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post

Are you aware if there is any possibility that VZ Navigator will be offered for a much smaller monthly fee, or for free, as Sprint Navigation is offered? Since the Google Navigation is free on Android phones, it only seems fair that, if a good navigation application would become available for webOS, it would be allowed to be used on VZ data network for free just like Google Nav. Any thoughts on that?
    From my knowledge no VZ navigator will not be offered cheaper or for free.

However, i have the Pre 2 and google Maps works perfectly. Its not voice turn by turn but its faster than any droid ive ever used. It pin points me within seconds and the maps load very fast.

The only reason Android as voice turn by turn is b.c Google allows them to. Even iOS doesn't have that.
  11. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    If I have a Pre Plus with Mobile Hotspot free and I buy a Pre2 at full price, can I keep my free Mobile Hotspot on the Pre2?
    did you get any training on webos devices from either vzw or palm, either now or in the past?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    If I have a Pre Plus with Mobile Hotspot free and I buy a Pre2 at full price, can I keep my free Mobile Hotspot on the Pre2?
    No. From what i have been told from verizon is that the free Mobile Hotspot stays with the Pre and Pixi + handsets. Not the account. So if you get the Pre 2 even for full price, you will lose mobile hotspot
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    did you get any training on webos devices from either vzw or palm, either now or in the past?
    barely. On the first Pre + yes we did. On the Pre 2, most people didnt even know it was out b.c it was not on our trainings list.
    I've been happy with my Pre + and Verizon, but wonder if there will ever be a Verizon Pre that can be used in other countries. If I get an unlocked Pre2, with GSM, can it also be used on the Verizon network in the US? Is it possible the Pre3 will have that ability?
    I am looking to use my upgrade on a pre2 now, and then (assuming it comes to verizon) using a family members upgrade later on a pre3 (my mother will never need her upgrades and even if she did, will never need a smartphone so she has the upgrade to spare). I don't mind renewing my 2 year now, and then again in June. The upgrade for the pre3 will NOT be from someone on my plan. Is that a problem? will I be able to get the pre3 using that upgrade and without paying full price?

Thanks for this thread btw, great to have a source for solid answers.
    Was I too late on the thread?
    s.hasan may have to work from time to time.
    he'll be back.
    Quote Originally Posted by pipsy View Post
    I've been happy with my Pre + and Verizon, but wonder if there will ever be a Verizon Pre that can be used in other countries. If I get an unlocked Pre2, with GSM, can it also be used on the Verizon network in the US? Is it possible the Pre3 will have that ability?
    I can field this one. An unlocked Pre2 will not work on VZW because unlocked phones are GSM only, and VZW is CDMA. The only solution that would work for you is if HPalm manufactures a global Pre3 with both CDMA and GSM radios, and then VZW sells it.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgnos View Post
    s.hasan may have to work from time to time.
    he'll be back.
    fair enough
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast