Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Recently they've been doing better as a phone company but still keep trailing as a distant 3rd, maybe even 4th due to T-Mobile's uprising. With recent rumor that maybe a switch from WiMax to LTE is going to happen, and that Sprint is trying very hard to regain composure after many years to make a profit it seems a buyout could happen. I mean, Verizon and AT&T are the primary focus when it comes to new and popular phones with exceptions like the EVO but that doesn't happen enough. Both Verizon and AT&T have a much larger install base and are already well grounded. Might we see something happen to Sprint like it happened to Palm? Opinions?
    "Don't think, feel." - Bruce Lee
    Interesting enough I doubt sprint would be "acquired". As being number three they are too high to even think about something such as that. Although I could see them acquire or merge with someone like T-mobile. They have likely had the most experience with nextel and all being a totally different type of communication system. So I believe they would do well with anyone they decide to take.

If they were acquired it would be from Verizon or At&t and I would think At&t would need them before Verizon would even look this way.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    BLASPHEMY! Sprint is NUMBA' ONE!
    I think HP should buy sprint...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 02/21/2011 at 09:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    BLASPHEMY! Sprint is NUMBA' ONE!
    Haha I seem to find you in my threads quite often.
    But in response to the other answer. It would be more likely for Sprint to get T-Mobile, that would add some GSM support too. Probably make Sprint a little more competitive.
    Imagine if HP, Microsoft, and Apple each bought a carrier as a natural extension of the ecosystem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    NOW I've NEVER thought of this... but IF they could make or run a level profit or break even trend i'm sure they will... however, becayse sprint is NOT GLOBAL Im not sure they will
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    HP has the money, and well if they want they a secure position in the phone arena that would be one way. As answered already though Sprint isn't really a world carrier, and that wouldn't be wise for an empire like HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I agree 100%.I was just thinking that once I seen the post title.How cool would that be?!! We know what phones would be the flagship phone? Plus they probably would sell their phones at a cheaper price. I wish
    If NASCAR bought Sprint, then what would they call the Sprint Cup?