Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Trading one half baked product for a quarter baked one. LOL. Right...
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Anything in particular you have in mind? Just curious about your experience.

For me the fluidity of the OS is paramount but I'd like to know what kind of functionality you had in mind.
    My first annoyance was the fact that there was no copy/paste. I'm sure that will be added very soon, so I wouldn't worry about that.

WP7 is very much WYSIWYG. There are really no options to change how anything works or looks. Many 'Settings' menus have only a couple options. Example: There is no option to change font size. It's especially annoying in the browser.

The homescreen isn't customizable. Having those big tiles is cool at first, but there is a ton of wasted space. I'd much rather have 3 or 4 tiles per row instead of 2. Each email account needs it's own tile. Since I use 3 email accounts, that takes up a lot of the screen. As you add more tiles, it takes much more scrolling to find them. It'd be nice to have adjustable tile size.

You can't see exactly how much battery you have left. All you get is a little battery icon.

Wifi and signal strength indicators are hidden most of the time.

I'm sure I'll think I'll some more things that annoyed me... lol

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Thank you for that hands on detail. I'll find out how much of a trade off it is compared to the improvement in speed and great looking "Metro" UI they employ. You find any cool apps?
    yeah im pretty sure its the HTC Pro 7 the windows 7 CDMA version that has been pitted for sprint. Most blogs state the same too.
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    Trading one half baked product for a quarter baked one. LOL. Right...
    At least the "quarter baked" one is a ton more fluid and lag free than the half baked one.
    funny we use WP7 AT&T phones at my job, and I really like the OS 2nd to Webos. If it is indeed the htc pro 7 ill prob pick it up in hopes the Pre 3 is still coming this summer, and give me a phone to use for a while till then.
    Thank you for that hands on detail. I'll find out how much of a trade off it is compared to the improvement in speed and great looking "Metro" UI they employ. You find any cool apps?
    I didn't do too much digging through the Marketplace. I can say that it's a pain to navigate though lol.

I did find one app that I really liked. Board Express. It's a WP7 Tapatalk app. Worked fine until I tried to sign in (which caused some kind of infinite loop). I really liked the interface of it... Felt fresh.

One thing I did like is that paid apps let you download a fully functional demo version. I forget how long you're able to use it, but it's great to be able to try out an app before you buy it.

Sent from my HTC HD2
    If it's not a webOS phone, I wouldn't mind seeing the Galaxy S II...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    At least the "quarter baked" one is a ton more fluid and lag free than the half baked one.
    That's true. WP7 is extremely fluid and smooth. I'd still rather use webos for now though...

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Its a tough call...i want to use Wp7 for a bit to make a final judgement, but i would miss the customization (from patching) you can do with WebOS...but i use many of the MS ecosystem that would be awesome to have built into the phone (zune and Xbox).
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Its a tough call...i want to use Wp7 for a bit to make a final judgement, but i would miss the customization (from patching) you can do with WebOS...but i use many of the MS ecosystem that would be awesome to have built into the phone (zune and Xbox).
    I'm taking full advantage of Sprint's 30 day policy to make this same evaluation. Maybe the grass aint any greener on the other side but I am going to find out soon.
    I am telling you, don't poo poo the waffle maker phone idea...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I'm taking full advantage of Sprint's 30 day policy to make this same evaluation. Maybe the grass aint any greener on the other side but I am going to find out soon.
    yup i plan on doin the same for sho
    At least WM7 has Netflix :/
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    My first annoyance was the fact that there was no copy/paste. I'm sure that will be added very soon, so I wouldn't worry about that.

WP7 is very much WYSIWYG. There are really no options to change how anything works or looks. Many 'Settings' menus have only a couple options. Example: There is no option to change font size. It's especially annoying in the browser.

The homescreen isn't customizable. Having those big tiles is cool at first, but there is a ton of wasted space. I'd much rather have 3 or 4 tiles per row instead of 2. Each email account needs it's own tile. Since I use 3 email accounts, that takes up a lot of the screen. As you add more tiles, it takes much more scrolling to find them. It'd be nice to have adjustable tile size.

You can't see exactly how much battery you have left. All you get is a little battery icon.

Wifi and signal strength indicators are hidden most of the time.

I'm sure I'll think I'll some more things that annoyed me... lol

Sent from my HTC HD2
    In other words, WP7 has the same issues as everything else put out by Microsoft.
    It says to check back on the 24th, via engadget. Could it be the Pre announcement?

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Quote Originally Posted by twizardt View Post
    It says to check back on the 24th, via engadget. Could it be the Pre announcement?
    a preTweet about an announcement .. maybe not a Pre announcement.. could be a preAnnouncement to a announcement though

oh and it wouldnt be a complete post if i didnt bust your chops... theres a few threads on this since this morning ..
    Another phone I wont want.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    a preTweet about an announcement .. maybe not a Pre announcement.. could be a preAnnouncement to a announcement though ..
    Agree, good point!

Sorry about the repost. I looked and couldn't find anything on the main page.

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    To the common man, it's a tease.

To a Palm Pre/Pixi user, it's a hot poker jabbed in the right eye.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast