Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sure, some people are like that, but then there are the others, woh carry a chip on their shoulder, loudly proclaiming both the virtues of a new device and slamming webOS every chance they get. Nobody minds the first group. The second group tends to generate the "why are you here?" question. Ibe yet to see a satisfactory answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Don't be so thin-skinned. A lot of people jumped ship to the EVO but still stick around because they have an interest in WebOS. Might just be waiting for the right opportunity to jump back to WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    Sure, some people are like that, but then there are the others, woh carry a chip on their shoulder, loudly proclaiming both the virtues of a new device and slamming webOS every chance they get. Nobody minds the first group. The second group tends to generate the "why are you here?" question. Ibe yet to see a satisfactory answer.
    1) Nobody minds the first group: Unfortunatly that's often not the case, some people dont want to have any suggestion that there might be anything better out there than webOS/pre/Palm or that the current or comming HP device is not the greatest thing ever made. They resent anyone saying differently no matter how nicely or appropriatly in these fourms it it done

2) The "second group" answer: Actually, thats easy, just try talking about smoking in front of an ex smoker and you will see the same reaction. Some people need to attack whatever it was that they used to enjoy but now, for whatever reason, do not and have the need to make others feel bad about what they now feel bad about.

Neither side has a monopoly on being irrationally attached to whatever it is they currently own. Remember the movie "Dave" the one Government Department was going to spend millions of dollars to make people feel good about their decision to buy an American car they just purchased? Total waste as not necessary, people will do anything they can to feel better about the decision they just made even if it was wrong. That goes for the people that will not even entertain the concept that something might be as good or better than the Pre/webOS and those that have switched and attack those that haven't
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    1) Nobody minds the first group: Unfortunatly that's often not the case, some people dont want to have any suggestion that there might be anything better out there than webOS/pre/Palm or that the current or comming HP device is not the greatest thing ever made. They resent anyone saying differently no matter how nicely or appropriatly in these fourms it it done

2) The "second group" answer: Actually, thats easy, just try talking about smoking in front of an ex smoker and you will see the same reaction. Some people need to attack whatever it was that they used to enjoy but now, for whatever reason, do not and have the need to make others feel bad about what they now feel bad about.

Neither side has a monopoly on being irrationally attached to whatever it is they currently own. Remember the movie "Dave" the one Government Department was going to spend millions of dollars to make people feel good about their decision to buy an American car they just purchased? Total waste as not necessary, people will do anything they can to feel better about the decision they just made even if it was wrong. That goes for the people that will not even entertain the concept that something might be as good or better than the Pre/webOS and those that have switched and attack those that haven't
    And yet, I do not slam webOS, I think it's a great system for those that need/want what it offers and I still get asked why I'm here.

If I didn't think it was good, it would make no sense for me to have gotten my son a Pre and be planning to get him the 3.

If I were trolling and causing problems, the mods wouldn't hesitate to do something about it.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post

Interesting point with the smoker analogy! Though I'm sure there's even more to it with the smoker/non-smoker thing, your premise is indeed a very big part of it, and can definitely apply here.
  5.    #45  
    Well to respond to all the comments about what he said about the reason sprint was charging an extra $10.He said something about the FCC thought that cell phone was using to much data and wanted to cap it.So sprint decided instead of having limited bandwidth.They would just charge 10 and let sprint customers get the extra bandwidth they needed.Like I said before it's his words not mines.I have never stated that I believed everything he said and I know he is trying to hype sprint up.I tried to record our conversation with the zcorder app but I didn't think about using it until we were done and my gf kept asking questions about her crappy phone.I'll be going back to replace my phone next week.Yes I'm getting a replacement pre.My first after almost two years.So I'll try my best to record what he says.I have some recorded already but It's not good enough and plus all ppl on here are going to say is that is me a friend in my living room faking a conversation.The nerve of ppl these days
    I don't doubt that's what the rep said... I've worked with people like that. But the FCC absolutely does not give a crap how much data a phone uses. That's nowhere near their purview. What is charged for data usage and how much should be allowed is completely the carrier's decision. The rep was simply passing the buck to make Sprint look better, making the FCC the bad guy. Dude is a bullsh_tter, through and through. I can't stand people like that. If it were me, I'd talk to his manager and try to get him in trouble.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123