Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    To each his/her own and I'm not going to try to defend WebOS as being better than....

But, if that's the case, out of curiosity, why do you still post here?
    I have friends here and my son still uses a Pre and wants the 3, as I've already stated!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    He also said the fcc made sprint add the $10 fee because of so much data being used.
    Okay, THAT blew any credibility he (the rep) had left!
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    He also said the fcc made sprint add the $10 fee because of so much data being used.
    this proves that either:

1) he just likes the sound of his own voice.

2) he doesn't actually speak english and his friends are pranking him by teachmg to say thngs phonetically without knowing their actual meaning.

3) he was just promoted from parking lot sweeper and has no idea what is talking about. And doesn't know that he doesn't know.
    The whole thing is BS, but yeah, that really takes the cake. Like a store rep would know that Sprint was getting those phones before any official announcement was made. And even if he did know, he'd be under an NDA not to disclose that information. So either he's a liar or he wants to be fired. Guarantee it's not the latter.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    and like the FCC makes sprint charge for something.

anything the govt requires would be called Tax...
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    this proves that either:

2) he doesn't actually speak english and his friends are pranking him by teachmg to say thngs phonetically without knowing their actual meaning.

3) he was just promoted from parking lot sweeper and has no idea what is talking about. And doesn't know that he doesn't know.
    4) All of the above?
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    You guys take this salt thing way too far. I never thought that the phrase "take it with a grain of salt" would get worn out...
    Water! Aaaaarghhh! Water!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I actually don't care if they ever get it, I was just making sure people are informed of the facts.

I only hope they get the Pre3 for my son, for myself, I've no interest in webOS, anymore.

Sent from my eVo
    To each his/her own and I'm not going to try to defend WebOS as being better than....

Heh, you had to know that was coming. I'm starting to think a tiny part of you does kinda like to ruffle the natives' feathers a bit nonetheless, amirite?

+1000

I often find myself scratching my head at the constant love-posts for EVO. Friends, family or not....it's just a bit much at times. Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Heh, you had to know that was coming. I'm starting to think a tiny part of you does kinda like to ruffle the natives' feathers a bit nonetheless, amirite?
    I've already covered why I still use this site. Get over it!

Sent from my eVo
    Don't be so thin-skinned. A lot of people jumped ship to the EVO but still stick around because they have an interest in WebOS. Might just be waiting for the right opportunity to jump back to WebOS.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I have friends here and my son still uses a Pre and wants the 3, as I've already stated!

Sent from my eVo
    Smart little man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    this proves that either:

#4: Sprint added the $10 charge because the FCC wouldn't let them constrain high-volume users the way that they had planned.

Sounds reasonable when you remember that it goes FCC -> Legal -> COO -> internal messaging -> sales management -> store management -> him.
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Don't be so thin-skinned. A lot of people jumped ship to the EVO but still stick around because they have an interest in WebOS. Might just be waiting for the right opportunity to jump back to WebOS.
    I am with verwon, made some cool friends here, but have no interest in coming back.

Evo-lution
    I've already covered why I still use this site. Get over it!

Sent from my eVo
    Hey easy now with the "get over it" bit! <Hiss-HISS!> I never said I was taking issue myself, sheesh! No need to get defensive, I was referring to the other responses I often see your comments attract on threads you're in. Somebody's sensitive...
    Last edited by sq5; 02/18/2011 at 03:18 PM.
    At this time, the only one with an FCC filing is gsm. So, they've not yet even planned on a cdma version.
    Quote Originally Posted by w2wpaul View Post
    well the fact is actually that there is no FCC filing for a cdma version...not that 'they' don't have plans to release one...
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Doesn't mean squat.. Fcc filings can stay hidden for quiet some time as per manufac request

Just to put perspective on this. This time around the FCC filings were not released early. Which means that while in the past you might learn something from FCC filings - the system is starting to work correctly and the filings are not leaking critical information early.

If HP has a CDMA Veer filing they could have the FCC sit on it until HP is ready to release the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I am with verwon, made some cool friends here, but have no interest in coming back.

Evo-lution
    Thanks!

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Smart little man!
    LOL! Thanks, but he's not very little, he's 16 and passed his mother in height a few years ago.

Sent from my eVo
    The OP should read the sacred wrtings, from the book of Leo, Chapter 19 verses 23-26:

Then HP rained down upon Sprintdom and Hessemorra sulfur and fire that burned as hot as if it was the Sun[nydale].

And HP overthrew them, and all the silicon valley, and all their inhabitants.

But Lot’s wife looked back to ask a customer service representative if they would still serve HP... she became a pillar of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    If HP has a CDMA Veer filing they could have the FCC sit on it until HP is ready to release the info.
    When filings are confidential, you will see a "Request for confidentiality" letter in the FCC system that lists the FCC ID of the device and which parts of the filings are to remain confidential (usually the diagrams that would show what the device looks like). If there's an FCC ID for something, you can always find it, even if you don't know what it is. The latest FCC ID issued to Palm is that of the Veer, O8F-BROU.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast