1.    #1  
    I just received an e-mail from Sprint telling me that, to show appreciation for my loyalty, they will give me a free month of service! With all of my plans (5 phones), that could be up to $236 free!

HOWEVER, the caveat is that, by doing so, I am locking into another two years service contract for each line of service. I have to say that I am disappointed in the underhanded tactics that this implies - I was suspicious and checked the deal out, but how many people would just click on "OKAY" and get burned?

This reminds me of the "VALUE MEALS" at Burger King - you can buy a Whopper Junior, Fries, and a drink separately and pay less than if you buy their Whopper Junior Value Meal - but they won't sell them to you separately! (At least the ones in Port Charlotte won't!)
    Is your contract up? They usually almost, always send out these deals when someone's contract expires. That's when I usually get them. They'd be happy to give you a free month of service to lock you in for 2 more years.
    my contract is up so I've been getting these offers also, the alternate between a $50 credit and a free month. I haven't selected one yet, as I really want the Pre 3, and have 2nd phone on Verizon, and I can make that a 2-line account with a total cost similar to the discount I get with Sprint (now that Sprint is tacking on $10/month for smartphones). So it comes down to who gets the Pre 3 this summer.

I'm also worried that if I renew now it'll screw up the potential discounts for buying the Pre 3.
    I recieved that offer as well. When I spoke to a CSR they said, if you are a premier member it won't screw up your potential discounts. I also checked my account after I accepted the offer and my discount was still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    my contract is up so I've been getting these offers also, the alternate between a $50 credit and a free month. I haven't selected one yet, as I really want the Pre 3, and have 2nd phone on Verizon, and I can make that a 2-line account with a total cost similar to the discount I get with Sprint (now that Sprint is tacking on $10/month for smartphones). So it comes down to who gets the Pre 3 this summer.

I'm also worried that if I renew now it'll screw up the potential discounts for buying the Pre 3.
    The other poster is right, it has no effect on your upgrade eligibility and discounts.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    Yes, but it locks you in for two more years. I'd rather keep my options open than be tied down. Although their pricing is currently less expensive, that doesn't mean that they will be the best option in the future.

I'd like to stay with the Pre, but if they aren't going to provide backwards support (read 2.0), I may be looking elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Yes, but it locks you in for two more years. I'd rather keep my options open than be tied down. Although their pricing is currently less expensive, that doesn't mean that they will be the best option in the future.

I'd like to stay with the Pre, but if they aren't going to provide backwards support (read 2.0), I may be looking elsewhere.
    The time they offered it to me, it didn't extend my contract, but that was over a year ago, so I'm assuming from what's been said in these posts that they've changed it. I got the $50 off both my lines, back then, with no contract changes.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!