1.    #1  
    What made me look into a iPhone 4.
    Today my Pre minus had its battery die. When I went into Sprint with my bricked Pre they put a test battery in a claim it booted and wiped my Pre clean. I learned the hard way that apps are not backed up and my Password app and all passwords are gone.

My fault. I should have backed it up.

Anyway, I'm ****ed and start looking at getting an iPhone 4 - NOW!!!

Verizon has an $90 plan for unlimited talk/text with no web. I currently have Sprint's $100 everything plan - all everything, all the time.

Verizon was ready to nickel and dime me for:
    • $45/month for "corporate & personal email and unlimited web" (personal email is $30, but no MS Exchange.
    • $5/month for turn-by-turn directions

I get all this in my $100/month everything plan. My monthly would go up 40% to $140/month for the same service I have now.

LONG LIVE THE PRE3
    (and anything else I can buy on Sprint)

584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I'm lost. Are you getting an iPhone or a Pre?
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Read the very last sentence in the post.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Umm, removing the battery will not clear your memory. I declare shenanigans.
    And I'm pretty sure verizon navigator is $9.99/month
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Verizon was ready to nickel and dime me for:
    • $45/month for "corporate & personal email and unlimited web" (personal email is $30, but no MS Exchange.
    • $5/month for turn-by-turn directions

Navigation on my Pre Plus is $10 a month on Verizon.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    I'm lost. Are you getting an iPhone or a Pre?
    Come on, I'm drunk and I know he's waiting for a Pre3 on Sprint. ;-)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    Umm, removing the battery will not clear your memory. I declare shenanigans.
    I agree. I didn't have a pistol to exact justice.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    When I did the online order form for Verizon, it said 4.99 beginning 2/10/11.
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    man these phone companies are just <messing with>> us =\ how can they even charge for text message.. thats rediculous
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/19/2011 at 11:19 PM. Reason: language
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Navigation on my Pre Plus is free

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    florida is the 3rd highest taxed phone services state in the country !! 21.5% wow thats messed up !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    florida is the 3rd highest taxed phone services state in the country !! 21.5% wow thats messed up !
    Dont remind me and its only getting worse this year.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    ok, I must be thick. Looked like 'i want an iphone i want an iphone i want an iphone i want an iphone i want a pre'.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    ok, I must be thick. Looked like 'i want an iphone i want an iphone i want an iphone i want an iphone i want a pre'.
    True. True.

What I want is a Pre with better hardware and a developer community that makes apps for the Pre simultaneous with the iPhone.

If I can't have that, I was thinking of jumping ship, either to 4G something or iPhone. However, 40% is a big deal every month indefinitely. Made me rethink how bad I want some apps. Made me think about life with an iPad and a Pre. Made me think how these companies have us spending over $200/month to talk on the phone and watch TV when it used to be <$20 for phone service at home and TV was FREE.