Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    oddly, they didn't put up much a fight. They asked me a bunch of questions as to why I was leaving. The gist is
    1. I don't like Androids
    2. uncertainty of HP phones in future.
    3. Lack of good phones and (webOS)
    4. Sprint's plan pricing advantage is quickly diminishing.
    I can understand the first three, but show me a carrier that can compete with Sprint on pricing. And why would you call to cancel? You just abandoning your number? Most people cancel by porting their number to another carrier.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    The fact that your plan costs an additional 10 bucks per line with smartphones is what is negating Sprint's hold on the wireless bargain carrier.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    The fact that your plan costs an additional 10 bucks per line with smartphones is what is negating Sprint's hold on the wireless bargain carrier.
    Not at all. Even with the extra $10, Sprint still beats the other carriers--by a long shot. Go to the websites and compare similar plans with similar features, and see what the monthly charges end up being. Won't even be in the same ballpark, $10 add-on or not.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    If you don't like the phones, I can understand, but who's leaving Sprint because of "lack of certainty about HP products"? The only carrier with certainty is Verizon, and no one knows what bloatware or crippling they've stuck on the Palm Pre 2. Or if Verizon will support the OTA update to the summer version of WebOS that the Pre 3 launches with.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Price stomps every reason you posted there. Lack of Webos? Any carrier even cares about Webos at this point? Verizon released the Pre 2 and trhey don't even care. The ceo said the only platforms that matter are ios, blackberry and Android.

Even with two lines paying $10.00 extra my bill is still much less than verizon and att plans.
    Isnt he the same guy that said no to apple? Not to mention hes ugly... ya take that rich guy looks like he could have stared in Stir crazy.
    Last edited by Titan078; 02/15/2011 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Not at all. Even with the extra $10, Sprint still beats the other carriers--by a long shot. Go to the websites and compare similar plans with similar features, and see what the monthly charges end up being. Won't even be in the same ballpark, $10 add-on or not.
    I did. As you know, its in a different thread. Works out about the same. It can vary of course. The more lines you have, the cheaper sprint is. With two lines, its about the same. If you give those two lines hotspot tethering, then AT&T comes out cheaper.

And yes, the 10 dollar fee per line kills it for sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Price stomps every reason you posted there. Lack of Webos? Any carrier even cares about Webos at this point? Verizon released the Pre 2 and trhey don't even care. The ceo said the only platforms that matter are ios, blackberry and Android.

Even with two lines paying $10.00 extra my bill is still much less than verizon and att plans.
    Its getting closer than you think. I currently have three phones on a family sprint plan. When I choose to update any phone my bill will now go up by $30/month. That makes it a lot close in price to At&t, and even Verizon.

I can justify having worse phone options and carrier coverage by saving a lot of money. Saving a few bucks per month no longer is a valid reason to not jump to Att or Verizon for their VASTLY better phone selection and coverage area.

Once my special deal is up ($20/month off bill)...I will most likely jump ship. Only reason i wouldnt is if sprint is the sole webOS provider, but I doubt they will do that again.
    I can understand the first three, but show me a carrier that can compete with Sprint on pricing.
    t-mobile and MetroPCS
    correct no one is leaving because of the big "?" of webos products. Right now Webos is still a blank in most Sprint customers minds. I for one am a little disappointed at the lack of devices shown at CES and or even any leaks of new devices coming out. Usually Sprint never has months without something in the works of new devices.
    I've been with Sprint for 9 years, but after comparing plans I'm going to be jumping to ATT soon, possibly when the Infuse comes out.
    Sprint is the best deal if you require all the features that the everything plan gives you, and you are also on a single plan.
    On a dual smart phone plan going with the cheapest plan and only 2GB plan per phone (I've averaged around 1GB with my Pre), and skipping texting plans, ( I don't text much and am going to port my number to google voice), ATT is significantly cheaper,
    Sprint: 2 person family $129+$10+$10=$149
    ATT: 2 person family $59+$25+$25=$109

I'm not putting discounts in here because everyone is different, I get 20% off now at sprint and can get 21% off at att.
    For my example $40 is a pretty significant savings, that adds up to $480 a year.
    Sure Sprint gives me unlimited data and more minutes, but I don't use that much data and not many minutes at all. Sprint is still good for those that really eat all they can, but for those of us that don't it isn't the cheapest game in town anymore.
    I only compared plans for two people as my kids aren't getting phones yet, that might change the equation, but for me it's hard not to go to att.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    t-mobile and MetroPCS
    You "canaffordit"
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    correct no one is leaving because of the big "?" of webos products. Right now Webos is still a blank in most Sprint customers minds. I for one am a little disappointed at the lack of devices shown at CES and or even any leaks of new devices coming out. Usually Sprint never has months without something in the works of new devices.
    You didnt see the Echo...Or if you did, you thought the same thing I did...meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Both the Evo and Epic 4G were announced during/after CTIA. End of March. Sprint knows they have to bring it, I think. Probably hear about their WP7 phone(s) then, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I did. As you know, its in a different thread. Works out about the same. It can vary of course. The more lines you have, the cheaper sprint is. With two lines, its about the same. If you give those two lines hotspot tethering, then AT&T comes out cheaper.

And yes, the 10 dollar fee per line kills it for sprint.
    That was comparing a 700 minute plan on AT&T to Sprint's 1500 minute plan. Yes, I agree Sprint hurts themselves by not offering any less than a 1500 minute family plan, if you don't need the extra minutes.

But still, AT&T only came out cheaper when you added hotspot tethering to both lines. I would consider that a rare scenario.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Every time I have called Sprint to "cancel", they have given me bigger discounts or even free stuff. YMMV, but over the last 12 years, Sprint has done right by me.
    I see pandas.
    Well Sprint has a good deal going still, you will have to deal with Android phones on all the carriers, there is no promise for new webOS phones to any network yet because HP or the carriers haven't confirmed such information, and it doesn't seem like you are giving HP a fair shake. The phones look pretty good to me.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    I've been with Sprint for 9 years, but after comparing plans I'm going to be jumping to ATT soon, possibly when the Infuse comes out.
    Sprint is the best deal if you require all the features that the everything plan gives you, and you are also on a single plan.
    On a dual smart phone plan going with the cheapest plan and only 2GB plan per phone (I've averaged around 1GB with my Pre), and skipping texting plans, ( I don't text much and am going to port my number to google voice), ATT is significantly cheaper,
    Sprint: 2 person family $129+$10+$10=$149
    ATT: 2 person family $59+$25+$25=$109
    The AT&T plan you listed has only 550 shared minutes compared to Sprint's 1500. Yes, again Sprint hurts themselves by not having a lower rate plan to compete. You're really saving a lot by not using messaging, which is included on Sprint. Add messaging and GPS, both included on Sprint, and you break even.

Again Sprint hurts themselves by not offering lower rate plans, but again, I would consider this a rare scenario. Most people probably use messaging. Do the comparison again once you get your kids on your plan and you'll probably be wanting to head back to Sprint.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Both the Evo and Epic 4G were announced during/after CTIA. End of March. Sprint knows they have to bring it, I think. Probably hear about their WP7 phone(s) then, too.
    thats what Im thinking but now with this WP7 update not until march or april, I wounder how long it will take to release a phone running it? Also what about the Galaxy S, Isnt there a AT&T version coming, I used that device briefly and Id def get that device to wait for a new webos device. Also HTC announcing devices like crazy, where is a Sprint version? If the ECHO is all they have right now,they will loose potential customers fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    After Verizon said that about WP7? If i was Sprint, i'd be pulling a Nokia and double down on it. You already know V won't horn in on you.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast