Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Their 3G coverage is equal to, if not better than AT&T's.
    Plus, their network isn't as bogged down when it comes to data, and pretty much everything is cheaper.
    Sprint has the least amount of 3G coverage, and Verizon has the most IIRC.

Don't dis on T-Mobile, - the price is right, and the the network is good.

All they need is some webOS devices that work with their 3G/4G network!
    Yeah, I was only joking, because it took them forever to get the 3G network up compared to the other carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Sprint has the least amount of 3G coverage when it comes to major US carriers, and Verizon has the most, if I recall correctly. T-Mobile and AT&T are the middle two.
    Uhh, what??

Sprint's 3G coverage:
    sprint_3g_10c.jpg

T-Mobile's 3G coverage:
    tm_3g_10c.jpg

Looks more to me like VZW is tops, AT&T and Sprint are about even, and T-Mo is not even really in the race!

Cellular Maps.com-3G Coverage Comparison: AT&T, MetroPCS, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Verizon
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Uhh, what??

Sprint's 3G coverage:
    sprint_3g_10c.jpg

T-Mobile's 3G coverage:
    tm_3g_10c.jpg

Looks more to me like VZW is tops, AT&T and Sprint are about even, and T-Mo is not even really in the race!

Cellular Maps.com-3G Coverage Comparison: AT&T, MetroPCS, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Verizon
    Huh wow I thought things were much closer by now myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    IMO that's the biggest difference. I don't mind the extra $10 as long as I've got a phone that can take advantage of all the data. It was great having the yearly upgrades, and I'm actually considering upping my plan by $10 to qualify for it. I have to do the math, but I think it still ends up being cheaper if you upgrade every year.
    Isn't the yearly upgrade option only $150 off the MSRP? So, ya, $10 extra per month would be $120 per year. You would save $30 IF you actually used the upgrade every 12-14 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Isn't the yearly upgrade option only $150 off the MSRP? So, ya, $10 extra per month would be $120 per year. You would save $30 IF you actually used the upgrade every 12-14 months.
    You get all the new customer offers, as well, like rebates and such.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    I'm aware of the hours and charges, still shouldn't be a problem, if it is I could always bump up the minutes for $10 more per month, as for texting I'm going to port my number to google voice and keep using it so texting won't cost me anything. People won't be able to mms me as gv doesn't allow this, and they won't be able to send to my att number because they won't have it, but I seldom get those anyway. I would have to have some serious overages in a year to blow through the savings of $480 a year.

Well, I don't know much about using GV for SMS. I'm curious as to what phone/app are you using for this? I have a feeling the GV-SMS conversion to data (email?) wouldn't be quite as nice as regular SMS. Just my gut telling me that. Either way, good luck with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    oddly, they didn't put up much a fight. They asked me a bunch of questions as to why I was leaving. The gist is
    1. I don't like Androids
    2. uncertainty of HP phones in future.
    3. Lack of good phones and (webOS)
    4. Sprint's plan pricing advantage is quickly diminishing.
    i bet they didn't waive your etf's.

ill leave sprint when they do a plan change so i can get out for free.
    I have a long way to go before I consider switching (October). Alot can happen from now until then. But, what hurts me with Sprint is the lack of flexibility with plans. Family of 4. Texting is must. But data only needed on two lines. Can't do that with Sprint. With all the other carriers I can. When I only had two lines and maybe 3 Sprint was the way to go. But, now with 4. Its all or nothing with Sprint. I haven't ran all the numbers for specifily, but I will certainly when it comes time. With Sprint, I'm forced to have data on all four lines. I don't have the extra $10 yet. We will see.

All things equal navigation, data, texting, minutes, etc. Sprint may be cheaper. But I don't need all things equal. I'm sure I can be alone with a family of 4. One or two line data, all other lines with just texting. Again, that is where Sprint may lose me. I like webOS, but love my money more. Carrier pricing then phone.
    Last edited by mpagano; 02/17/2011 at 06:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    That's actually incorrect. The silver membership still gives you $75 off MSRP. You would be actually paying $120 for an extra $75 in savings. Makes no sense to up the plan by $10 for gold membership.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpagano View Post
    All things equal navigation, data, texting, minutes, etc. Sprint may be cheaper. But I don't need all things equal. I'm sure I can be alone with a family of 4. One or two line data, all other lines with just texting. Again, that is where Sprint may lose me. I like webOS, but love my money more. Carrier pricing then phone.
    Let us know what you come up when you run the numbers. Unless you go with a plan that offers fewer minutes than you can get with Sprint, I'm thinking they will still come out on top. You can't remove the extras from Sprint, but they don't charge much for them either. It's like they throw them in for free, compared to the other carriers' pricing options.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    That's actually incorrect. The silver membership still gives you $75 off MSRP. You would be actually paying $120 for an extra $75 in savings. Makes no sense to up the plan by $10 for gold membership.
    The savings is actually more than that! The $75 is just off the regular prices, but when you qualify for the $150, you get all the discounts and rebates that a new customer would.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Sprint looks less attractive with every move they make.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i bet they didn't waive your etf's.

ill leave sprint when they do a plan change so i can get out for free.
    They didnt, wanna know why? My contract ended in 2009. Ive been sitting on an upgrade for quite awhile. I was a cash cow bread and butter kind of customer they like to keep. I didnt cost them any money... especially since I bought the Pre off contract. So needless to say I was surprised that they didnt even put out a whimper when I told them I was leaving.
    sprint is still the cheapest by at least 20 from verizon and 40 or more from att and t-mobile .... well i wouldnt touch them with a ten foot pole lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Not at all. Even with the extra $10, Sprint still beats the other carriers--by a long shot. Go to the websites and compare similar plans with similar features, and see what the monthly charges end up being. Won't even be in the same ballpark, $10 add-on or not.
    This likely to change, very soon. Despite Sprint adding a ton of customers, they just announced they're still losing money.
    You think they will raise their prices to recover some cash? And lose more customers? No, I think they will try and attract more customers by offering more choices. Besides, there's been similar headlines about Sprint once a year at least since 2008. I'd say it's business as usual.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    The savings is actually more than that! The $75 is just off the regular prices, but when you qualify for the $150, you get all the discounts and rebates that a new customer would.

Sent from my eVo
    Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly. Let's say someone on Gold Premiere goes to get a new phone after 12 months. If a new customer would pay $200, the Gold level member would pay the same price, correct? So what you're telling me is, a Silver level member wouldn't pay just $75 more?
    You think they will raise their prices to recover some cash? And lose more customers? No, I think they will try and attract more customers by offering more choices. Besides, there's been similar headlines about Sprint once a year at least since 2008. I'd say it's business as usual.
    Their intentions are already evident; they've raised data by $10 a month and cut back annual upgrades if you spend less than $xx a month. They will do whatever it takes to make them profitable, which apparently, they aren't right now and haven't been for a while.
    Uhh, what??

Sprint's 3G coverage:
    sprint_3g_10c.jpg

T-Mobile's 3G coverage:
    tm_3g_10c.jpg

This is entirely false... I don't care what the website says it got its information from - according to them Metro PC has more 3G coverage than almost anyone!

When you want the facts, go to the source, directly:

Unsupported Browser

And if you want 4G coverage, here is the link (click on the 4G map link):

http://t-mobile-coverage.t-mobile.co...ee-4g-coverage

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

The map on T-Mobile's site does not distinguish their own network from networks they have roaming agreements with, since they do not charge the customer for roaming. However the data you get on a roaming network is usually throttled. By how much depends on the specific agreement in place.

As for 4G, T-Mo does not have 4G. They are simply calling HSPA+ 4G, because apparently they think it's fast enough to compete with the true 4G technologies, which are LTE and WiMax. But it's 3G technology. It's 3G that's been improved to support large amounts of data bandwidth, sure. But it is not 4G.

T-Mo lost whatever inkling of a chance they might have had at having me as a customer when they started advertising 4G. It's the "big lie" fallacy. Tell a lie big enough, and people will believe it. But the problem with the "big lie" is that it assumes people don't know enough to know that it's a lie. In other words, the "big lie" method assumes customers are generally stupid. So T-Mo gets a big middle-finger salute from me.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast