Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    My wife and I are on a family plan (1500 everything, we've been with Sprint 7 years). My 2 year contract is up now, meaning I can purchase a new phone subsidized. My wife's 2 years is up in May. Now if I don't purchase a new phone and take advantage of the subsidized rate before April 1st does that mean I'm locked into another 2 year contract w/o hope for an upgrade?

We called Sprint and that is what they led us to believe. Is the April 1st thing basically like signing another 2 year contract and not getting a phone?

Thanks for any help.
    if you're asking if your contract term changes on 4/1/11 if you do nothing, then no, that is not the case. This is just a change in the discount timing.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    after April 1st you will be eligible for an upgrade 22 months after whenever you signed your last contract. The term doesn't start over but it just changes from 12 months to 22.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    OK, so I checked our Sprint contract, I was a bit wrong in my post. We bought our Pres in July 09, so if I wait til Jul (For maybe Pre 3? ) We can still get new phones then?

Code:
    Your agreement with us, which started on 07/25/09, will be completed on 07/24/11.

We love you, and to say thanks for spending time with us:

Save $150 on a new phone now!
    We love you, and to say thanks for spending time with us, you qualified on 07/01/10 to save $150.
    Meaning April 1st won't reset our contracts to 22 months? Sprint made it seem if we didn't upgrade now we wouldn't be eligible for an upgrade until 2013.
    4/1 doesn't change your service contract, it only changes when you're eligible for the $75 or $150 discount on phone hardware.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, this helps us a great deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    OK, so I checked our Sprint contract, I was a bit wrong in my post. We bought our Pres in July 09, so if I wait til Jul (For maybe Pre 3? ) We can still get new phones then?

Code:
    Your agreement with us, which started on 07/25/09, will be completed on 07/24/11.

Save $150 on a new phone now!
    We love you, and to say thanks for spending time with us, you qualified on 07/01/10 to save $150.
    Meaning April 1st won't reset our contracts to 22 months? Sprint made it seem if we didn't upgrade now we wouldn't be eligible for an upgrade until 2013.

Wow...the "we love you" thing is sort of creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Wow...the "we love you" thing is sort of creepy.
    ROFL! That's exactly what I thought, when I read it.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Yeah... I feel like Sprint is stalking me. Maybe they are looking in the window while I'm looking at HP Pre3 pr0n?
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I verified with a rep in the store that if you do nothing, you will not be impacted until you resign your contract. At that time is when the change takes affect. Meaning they can not take your upgrade away from you if you already have it.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Code:
    Your agreement with us, which started on 05/20/09, will be completed on 05/19/11.

You're almost there!
    Save $150 on a new phone in 
    0 1 4  days on 03/01/11.
    So does this mean that I MUST upgrade or resign contract on or by 5/19/11 or else I will lose my upgrade by then?

I would just ask a Sprint rep but the few I have talked to have given me conflicting answers...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    There are two issues here:

1. Contract term. Your Sprint contract is likely 24 months and will just continue without signing a new contract unless you cancel or buy new or add phones.

2. Upgrade term. Prior to Premier, you had to complete 24 months of service (soon to be 22 for silver and 12 for gold Premier) to receive your maximum discount on NEW phones. Once you have reached that upgrade plateau, it does not change - you don't loose it nor does it increase further.

For example, in the new Silver plan, my main line will be eligible for maximum hardware discount of $150 in early June while the other 3 phones on my plan receive their maximum discount in August (also $150). If we don't purchase new phones in August (We are all on the same contract date), the discount continues on until we decide to purchase new phones but we are without a contract.

Help?
    Dan
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I verified with a rep in the store that if you do nothing, you will not be impacted until you resign your contract. At that time is when the change takes affect. Meaning they can not take your upgrade away from you if you already have it.
    Unfortunately it's use it or lose it. If your account falls into Silver and you currently have an upgrade, it must be used by March 31st or it gets pushed to your 22 month date. Here's the text from Sprint's site:

Effective 4/1/11:

* Sprint Premier Gold accounts will continue to receive the annual upgrade benefit based on maintaining a 3-month average of $89.99* for individual plans or $169.99 for shared plans, or for 10+ years service. Gold accounts will receive one annual upgrade per qualifying plan.
    * Sprint Premier Silver accounts:
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 22 months from the last upgrade, there is no impact. The line would continue to be eligible for an upgrade under Sprint's New For You upgrade program, which allows eligible customers to upgrade every 22 months.
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 12-21 months from the last upgrade, the upgrade must be used by March, 31, 2011. Otherwise, effective April 1, 2011, the upgrade eligibility on that line will be changed to 22 months.
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is less than 12 months from the last upgrade, their upgrade eligibility will be changed to 22 months.
    o To check your upgrade eligibility go to Sprint - Upgrades.

Sprint Premier Gold and Silver | FAQ
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Ok well I contacted a Sprint rep again on this same issue via chat and he assured me that the eligibility would not be lost after the change.

Im going to hold out and see what happens.

Guess we will all see what happens sooner or later.

Edit:
    Err... but I did reread what you wrote ...
    If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 12-21 months from the last upgrade, the upgrade must be used by March, 31, 2011. Otherwise, effective April 1, 2011, the upgrade eligibility on that line will be changed to 22 months.
    That really bugs me... 3 reps 3 different pieces of information...

Screw it... Unless Pre3 hits Sprint come 3/31/11 I guess Im moving to Evo Shift...

HP really missed a timeline here, The Pre3 should really hit Sprint by then. Would ensure more original Pre owners stayed with WebOS and I for sure am not going to pay full out of contract price for it...

I am so in denial about having to migrate away from WebOS...
    Last edited by H Cubed; 02/15/2011 at 09:20 AM.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by gonk24 View Post
    Unfortunately it's use it or lose it. If your account falls into Silver and you currently have an upgrade, it must be used by March 31st or it gets pushed to your 22 month date. Here's the text from Sprint's site:

Effective 4/1/11:

* Sprint Premier Gold accounts will continue to receive the annual upgrade benefit based on maintaining a 3-month average of $89.99* for individual plans or $169.99 for shared plans, or for 10+ years service. Gold accounts will receive one annual upgrade per qualifying plan.
    * Sprint Premier Silver accounts:
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 22 months from the last upgrade, there is no impact. The line would continue to be eligible for an upgrade under Sprint's New For You upgrade program, which allows eligible customers to upgrade every 22 months.
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 12-21 months from the last upgrade, the upgrade must be used by March, 31, 2011. Otherwise, effective April 1, 2011, the upgrade eligibility on that line will be changed to 22 months.
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is less than 12 months from the last upgrade, their upgrade eligibility will be changed to 22 months.
    o To check your upgrade eligibility go to Sprint - Upgrades.

Sprint Premier Gold and Silver | FAQ
    Ok well I contacted a Sprint rep again on this same issue via chat and he assured me that the eligibility would not be lost after the change.

Im going to hold out and see what happens.

Guess we will all see what happens sooner or later.

Err... but I did reread what you wrote ...

That really bugs me... 3 reps 3 different pieces of information...

Screw it... Unless Pre3 hits Sprint come 3/31/11 I guess Im moving to Evo Shift...

HP really missed a timeline here, The Pre3 should really hit Sprint by then. Would ensure more original Pre owners stayed with WebOS and I for sure am not going to pay full out of contract price for it...

I am so in denial about having to migrate away from WebOS...
    Well I hope you saved the text of that conversation and have the rep's name and ID number. I may try asking to see if I get the same response...then I can use it against them if they say otherwise and maybe it'll work. I don't expect great things to appear in their catalog in March and I'd like to hold out for either a great new 4G device or at least the Pre3.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Well I hope you saved the text of that conversation and have the rep's name and ID number. I may try asking to see if I get the same response...then I can use it against them if they say otherwise and maybe it'll work. I don't expect great things to appear in their catalog in March and I'd like to hold out for either a great new 4G device or at least the Pre3.
    Thats risky tho, you may be able to get them to hold up to it but thats a uphill battle there...

I think that PreCentral should really make some noise about this, I know this impact ALOT of early adopters...

Never again tho I have learned my lesson!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Thats risky tho, you may be able to get them to hold up to it but thats a uphill battle there...

I think that PreCentral should really make some noise about this, I know this impact ALOT of early adopters...

Never again tho I have learned my lesson!
    Yeah...worth a shot?

Worst case is they do what I already expected and withdraw the upgrade deal.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Well I just accepted the inevitable and changed my Avatar...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I found out that I am a Sprint Gold member, but my gf's line is only with Silver. Which is fine. She loves her Pre.
    If you have TEP and your Pre breaks later in the year after the Pre 3 is offered on Sprint wouldn't you just get that as a replacement phone no matter what plan you're on?

Just saying...

Oh, and wouldn't that also avoid the extra $10/month charge if you get a replacement?
    Last edited by deesugar; 02/15/2011 at 06:00 PM.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast