Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepikefl View Post
    One last question- this only takes affect if we upgrade our phone? So if I stick with my Pre I'm ok? Does it have to be a NEW phone? What if my wife gets a refurbed "smart phone"?

Thanks all for the information!
    Any new activation...even a phone you buy off eBay or CL. I think there is an exception or two...warranty replacements, I think, are not upcharged.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepikefl View Post
    I went a looked at the last year of usage for my entire plan. The highest usage month for data was 522MB, and the highest usage month for minutes was 754- on our 1500 minute "unlimited data" plan. Both were different months, and average usage for both is much lower. Keeping in mind, this is combined for both my wife and I and each of us with EVDO smart phones. Paying an additional premium on top of this while we are so far below the "limit" is just... not acceptable.

And yes, I have a feeling AT&T will be more expensive. Doesn't hurt to see what color the grass is on the side of the fence though.

Since all this account shuffling will be going on I'll have time to see what Sprint will be coming out with, and if the new iPhone will be LTE or not, etc. I guess there is a plus side. Meh.

One last question- this only takes affect if we upgrade our phone? So if I stick with my Pre I'm ok? Does it have to be a NEW phone? What if my wife gets a refurbed "smart phone"?

Thanks all for the information!
    Only if it's new to your account. If you stick with your Pre, you're fine. If you're Pre breaks and you get a refurbed Pre, you're still fine. If you get an Evo or something different, you'll incur the new $10 fee.

The refurb smartphone (question about wife) will have to be the same model that she currently has. If she gets a refurb Evo but she currently has a Pixi or BBerry, she will incur the new fee. I could be wrong but according to what I've read, that's the case. You should probably double check with Sprint to be certain.

Do I work for Sprint? No. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I had called up sprint and argued that since my bill was over the x amount set for gold subscribers, we should get the discount. They ended up fixing it.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456