Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    shin- you will have to wait till 9-18-11 to get ur full 150 discount.. Between april of this year till sept 17th you will only qualify for a $75 discount... Ya dig?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I'm hearing all kinds of conflicting things.....
    But i could ultimately use the $150 before March 31st, right? It just wont be the Pre 3....
    To clear up the confusion:

For those of you who are launch day Pre owners who have not upgraded since then (June 6, 2009), you will NOT lose your 150.00 upgrade after April 1st.

The reason you will NOT lose your upgrade is because the 22 month period will begin the day of your last upgrade (June 6, 2009).

With that being said, if you have any other questions about it, I'd be happy to try and answer them here in this thread. There is lots of confusion due to the numerous Sprint reps that don't have the entire issue understood as of yet (they confused me yesterday with incorrect information). However, it is in writing on the Sprint Premier website.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 02/16/2011 at 02:13 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Where's the icon for beating one's head of the wall?

Sprint cannot reset your whole contract like that. You will not have to wait another 22 months from April to upgrade.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    so can we original Pre owners say its safe to say that this fire has been put out?! lol

But I will say that if Sprint reps gave consistently correct information this would not have been a problem for most of us...

but I guess thats asking alot...
    Yes, you are safe if you are a launch day Pre owner that has not upgraded.

The reason I am certain you are safe is because the wording is listed on the Sprint Premier website that clarifies the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    I got my Sprint Pre in September of 2009. I'm eligible for the $150 upgrade but am still totally confused as to what will happen on March 31st. Will i lose the upgrade, will i go down to the $75 upgrade b/c I will only be a Silver premier customer, or will it stay the same until i use the $150 upgrade and then go down to the Silver premier package? My actual contract is not up until 9-18-11 and my 22nd month is in July of this year.

Clueless
    Folks...this has been explained to death. No offense, but if you read back on my previous posts, it's pretty clear that you will lose your $150 discount for the months of April, May, June and possibly July (depends on whether they are telling you July 1 or August 1) and it will be re-upped the following month to $150.

Also...everyone keep in mind that the 75/150 is a standard discount. Once you reach the level of being able to use the $150 discount, there are often other rebates and/or discounts available...bringing a phone that may be $550 retail down to $150 to $200. If you are only at the $75 discount level, those rebates and discounts are typically not available to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcompg View Post
    shin- you will have to wait till 9-18-11 to get ur full 150 discount.. Between april of this year till sept 17th you will only qualify for a $75 discount... Ya dig?
    Incorrect. Not September...that is the end of the 24 month contract. The $150 is available at 22 months. It's how they keep you under contract. If they waited until your contract was up, you would be a free agent and there would be a greater danger of you switching to a different carrier. They give themselves a 2 month grace period to keep you in the fold...
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Incorrect. Not September...that is the end of the 24 month contract. The $150 is available at 22 months. It's how they keep you under contract. If they waited until your contract was up, you would be a free agent and there would be a greater danger of you switching to a different carrier. They give themselves a 2 month grace period to keep you in the fold...
    +1
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    So if i don't use my $150 upgrade before March 31st and wanted to use it before July (my 22 months), it would only be for the $75 upgrade or.....?
    But if i wait until July, I'll have the $150 upgrade back? And we're still not even sure if the Pre 3 will be available on Sprint yet?!
    I know I'm not the smartest guy out there (as my lovely wife often reminds me) but doesn't this just seem like way too much work for everyone involved? I told myself i would just wait until it was all worked out but somehow got sucked in again...and am getting all angry at Sprint and getting a bit of a headache too! I mean.... what the hizzel?
    So if i don't use my $150 upgrade before March 31st and wanted to use it before July (my 22 months), it would only be for the $75 upgrade or.....?
    But if i wait until July, I'll have the $150 upgrade back? And we're still not even sure if the Pre 3 will be available on Sprint yet?!
    I know I'm not the smartest guy out there (as my lovely wife often reminds me) but doesn't this just seem like way too much work for everyone involved? I told myself i would just wait until it was all worked out but somehow got sucked in again...and am getting all angry at Sprint and getting a bit of a headache too! I mean.... what the hizzel?
    Yes, you're correct.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Simple process for determing when you are eligible for an upgrade.

Step 1: Determine whether you will be premier gold or premier silver as of 4/1/11. If the answer is gold, you are done. Life as you know it will not change. If the answer is silver, proceed to step 2.

Step 2: Count 22 months from the last time you used a device upgrade. On the 1st of that month, you are eligible for the full $150 upgrade. (Example: Bought Pre with upgrade credit 9/18/09, upgrade eligible 7/1/11.)

Yes, that is correct. UNLESS, you are a Gold Premier member? If you meet ONE of the following requirements, you are a Gold Premier member:

Maintain a 3-month average of at least $89.99 for individual plans, or
    Maintain a 3-month average of at least $169.99 for shared plans, or
    Have been a Sprint customer for 10 years or more.

If you are a Gold Premier member (by meeting one of the requirements listed above), then you get 150.00 every 12months, not 22 months.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I think i got it now......thanks guys (and ladies).
    I am still frustrated that it is changing and that i would/might have to change my plan to qualify for the Gold Premier customer deal for future upgrade possibilities. I do love Sprint though so am not planning on leaving or anything (unless they screw me before 9-18-11...lol). I am not religious or anything but am praying and hoping the Pre 3 comes to Sprint, and maybe we can get some kind of deal or something.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    We have the Everything Share Data 1500 ($130), so we are of silver gang.....
    We have the Everything Share Data 1500 ($130), so we are of silver gang.....
    Yep which means that at your 22month mark from your last upgrade, you can get the full 150.00 discount towards your new device.
    Is there anything on the site saying "Member since ____" ? I don't really recall when we signed up with Sprint.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Is there anything on the site saying "Member since ____" ? I don't really recall when we signed up with Sprint.
    If you click the link that says contract details I believe it gives you this information. I may be wrong tho...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    If you click the link that says contract details I believe it gives you this information. I may be wrong tho...
    No...that's just the current contract timespan.

This is all it says:

Your agreement with us, which started on 03/07/10, will be completed on 03/06/12.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I have never seen that info available on the site. I am thinking you would have to contact them and that is prolly 50/50
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I have never seen that info available on the site. I am thinking you would have to contact them and that is prolly 50/50
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast