Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Actually scratch that question....with this:

S|P Gold Customers:

* Maintain a 3-month average of at least $89.99 for individual plans, or
    * Maintain a 3-month average of at least $169.99 for shared plans, or
    * Have been a Sprint customer for 10 years or more.

Couldn't i essentially upgrade my plan to a $90 plan for 3 months, get the gold status, then downgrade my plan?
    No its a 3 month average. Not the plan you are currently on...
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    I'm still a bit confused on this stuff, I eventually will be a gold S|P customer because I've been with Sprint 10+ years. What all will change for me?

Mainly, will I still get yearly upgrades or did they totally nix that?
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    But the problem is they are not really giving concrete information as to when exactly the upgrade will be pushed back, whether it be 22 months from April 1, 2011 or 22 months from the first upgrade. For me it was May 20, 2009.

So I have a upgrade coming March, 1, 2011 my concern is that if I don't upgrade before April 1st then I would lose it for 22 months. I figure I would keep it because I slid right in under the deadline but I keep getting different information from them. I think I will give them a call later on today and see if I can get a solid answer...
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    This was from a chat with a sprint Rep on 2-15-11....I am so confused at this point! No one seems to have the story straight. Hopefully in the next month or so it will all come to light.

Me: "Would like to know what happens if i do not use my $150 upgrade by April 1st?"
    Agent (Jordy M): "I will be happy to help you."
    Me: "thanks"
    Agent (Jordy M): "Let me check the details for you."
    Agent (Jordy M): "Your phone #.... is eligible for phone upgrade rebate of $150.00 with 2 years of agreement."
    Agent (Jordy M): "You can upgrade the phone line and have the phone of your choice at it's online discounted price."
    Agent (Jordy M): "If you will not upgrade the phone line, the upgrade rebate eligibility will remain the same and you can upgrade the phone whenever you wish and have the same benefit."
    Me: "so if i do not use that upgrade by April 1st (when the new premier packages start) I will still be able to use the $150 upgrade?"
    Agent (Jordy M): "Yes, you are correct."
    Me: "and once i use it, it will go to the silver package, correct?"
    Agent (Jordy M): "Yes."
    Agent (Jordy M): "My goal is to ensure the issues that prompted you to chat today are fully resolved. Did I address all the reasons for your chat today?"
    Me: "and you are absolutely sure about this, correct?"
    Agent (Jordy M): "Yes. You are correct."
    Me: "great, thank you"
    Me: "do you know when the Pre3 will be coming to Sprint?"
    Agent (Jordy M): "You are welcome."
    Agent (Jordy M): "Since this device is not available to our customers, I am unable provide the details you requested. If Sprint offers it in the future, you will find product and pricing details on Sprint.com and in promotional information at our retail stores. We encourag"
    e you to watch news reports or monitor our web site to see if a change in availability occurs.
    Me: "ok, so you do not know if it is coming to Sprint or.....?"
    Agent (Jordy M): "Once such an update will be available, this information will be available on sprint.com. As of now such an information is not available . Sprint has not announced regarding this as of now ."
    Me: "ok, thank you Jordy"
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    But the problem is they are not really giving concrete information as to when exactly the upgrade will be pushed back, whether it be 22 months from April 1, 2011 or 22 months from the first upgrade. For me it was May 20, 2009.

So I have a upgrade coming March, 1, 2011 my concern is that if I don't upgrade before April 1st then I would lose it for 22 months. I figure I would keep it because I slid right in under the deadline but I keep getting different information from them. I think I will give them a call later on today and see if I can get a solid answer...
    No no no no no! Is March 1 your 22 month upgrade? Then you will not lose the $150 discount come April 1st. If March 1 is your usual 12 month SP upgrade, you have one month to use it...at which point it reduces to a $75 discount for TEN MONTHS. Then it increases back to the usual 22-month upgrade discount of $150 on, I believe, January 1st of next year. You'd be out of contract if they extended it another 22 months...and they do NOT want you to be a free agent. Besides...they can't force you to be in a contract you did not agree to, force you to BUY something just because they change the rules. That would be like Sprint's version of ObamaCare.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Here is the info I found out from my recent chat with a Sprint Rep.

09:05:41 : Paige S: I am happy to help you. Please hold a moment while I access your account.

09:07:27 : Paige S: ThThank you for your patience.

09:07:46 : HAMPTON: No problem, I want to wait until this Summer and upgrade to see whats available then because there isnt really anything that Sprint has now that is really all that appealing to me. But my concern is because of the whole premier transition into Silver that I would lose my eligibility for the 150 discount.

09:08:27 : Paige S: The line #4035 will be eligible for $150.00 rebate on the phone upgrade in March 2011.

09:08:37 : Paige S: The line #4035 will be eligible for $150.00 rebate on the phone upgrade in March 01, 2011.

09:09:25 : HAMPTON: I understand that, my question is because of the change in premier status to silver come April 1, 2011 will that still be the case

09:09:47 : Paige S: Let me check the details for you.

09:10:06 : HAMPTON: Thank you, Please take you time to find the correct answer I can be patient. This is a pretty big concern...

09:10:37 : Paige S: Sure.

09:12:42 : Paige S: Thank you for your patience, I will have that information shortly.

09:13:10 : HAMPTON: Thank you for your diligence.

09:13:37 : Paige S: Thank you for your patience.

09:14:42 : Paige S: Yes, you are correct that the upgrade eligibility will be reset and you will not be able to take advantage of the upgrade eligibility.

09:15:16 : Paige S: Unless you make recent changes to their service plan that would qualify for Premier Gold, on 4/1/11 your upgrade eligibility will become 22 months from your last upgrade.

09:15:27 : Paige S: The new upgrade eligibility date will refresh in the systems on 4/1/11.

09:15:49 : HAMPTON: Do you know what the new eligibility date would be?

09:17:22 : Paige S: It will remain unchanged for the line 4035.

09:17:46 : Paige S: You will still be able to get the $150.00 rebate on the phone upgrade on this line.

09:18:22 : Paige S: As the last upgrade on this line was made 22 months back.

09:18:50 : HAMPTON: Ok you just contradicted yourself... You said that the upgrade eligibilty will be reset and I will not be able to take advantage of the upgrade and that I would have to make changes to qualify for Gold

09:19:18 : Paige S: Yes, it will but it will be for the other line.

09:19:38 : HAMPTON: Ok, Im not really concerned about the primary line at this time

09:19:42 : Paige S: That will be for the line 4348.

09:20:01 : HAMPTON: my only concern is for the 4035

09:20:22 : Paige S: The line #4035 will be still eligible for $150.0 rebate on the phone upgrade.

09:20:42 : Paige S: I assure you of that.

09:21:41 : HAMPTON: Ok so even if I do not upgrade the 4035 line until August 1, 2011 I will still have that upgrade right?

09:22:02 : Paige S: Yes, you are correct.

09:23:01 : HAMPTON: And you are sure about this, come April 1st if I lose my eligibility I will be printing out this chat and taking it to the nearest Sprint Store

09:24:47 : Paige S: I have checked the status in your account.

09:25:23 : Paige S: And the rebate eligibility of the line #4035 will not reset.

09:26:27 : HAMPTON: Ok, can you email me a copy of this transcript?

09:27:56 : Paige S: You will receive a transcript on *******@yahoo.com.

09:28:54 : HAMPTON: And just to recap, I will not lose my upgrade because I have already hit 22 months, as of 3/1/11 correct and come 4/1/11 I still will not be affected by the premier change to silver right?

09:29:38 : Paige S: Yes, the line #4035 will not lose its upgrade eligibility.

09:30:20 : HAMPTON: ok thank you very much Paige and I appreciate your help

09:30:38 : Paige S: You are welcome.
    So if you already have 22 months under your belt come 4/1/11 your fine and will not lost your upgrade. Ok I guess we shall see where this goes...

So its a good thing that I gave my wife my 1 year upgrade and took her 2 year upgrade or else I'd be up a creek then! (Seeing as how I got my Pre 6/6/09)
    Last edited by H Cubed; 02/16/2011 at 08:51 AM.
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Boregardo View Post
    This is incorrect. The 22 months is based on the last time you received an upgrade discount. You do not have to wait 22 months from April 1, 2011. Launch day Pre owners are fine (assuming they have not upgraded since that time).
    I also think it should be that way (22 months from your last upgrade / retroactive which makes the most logical sense). However, unless the article on the front page of Precentral is incorrect, what you're saying is incorrect. The 22mos will be the new wait period for Silver Premier members and it does start on April 1, 2011. After April 1st, you still get the 75.00 discount (as a Silver Premier member).

However, I will stipulate that there have also been reports of either answer.

Personally, I think that launch day Pre owners can press the issue with the retentions center and can get the full amount off for the one-time upgrade. I also think that launch day Pre owners should be grandfathered into the new policy to get the full discount of 150.00. Thereafter, the new premier policy should take hold.

So far, three different Sprint sources have confirmed that the new wait period does begin April 1, 2011. If you don't upgrade by March 31st, 2011 the new policy goes into effect and it is not retroactive from the last upgrade (as also stated on the front page article of Precentral unless the math is incorrect?). This means that all launch day Pre owners who have not upgraded by March 31st (and who are NOT Gold Premier members), will have to wait to get the full discount of 150.00. It does not mean that your contract starts again, it just means that Silver Premier members will only get 75.00. In theory however, you could just average 89.99 for a single plan or 169.99 for shared plans for 3months and you become a Gold Premier member which negates everything else. You get your full discount, get your new Pre 3 or Veer (or whatever else) and then you can return to your old plan and go back to being a Silver Premier member.

I will continue to research the issue with Sprint.

*UPDATED IN MY NEXT POST BELOW*
    Last edited by Achill3s; 02/16/2011 at 01:55 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Update Straight from the Sprint Premiere Website (see bold caption):

Effective 4/1/11:

* Sprint Premier Gold accounts will continue to receive the annual upgrade benefit based on maintaining a 3-month average of $89.99* for individual plans or $169.99 for shared plans, or for 10+ years service. Gold accounts will receive one annual upgrade per qualifying plan.
    * Sprint Premier Silver accounts:
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 22 months from the last upgrade, there is no impact. The line would continue to be eligible for an upgrade under Sprint's New For You upgrade program, which allows eligible customers to upgrade every 22 months.
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 12-21 months from the last upgrade, the upgrade must be used by March, 31, 2011. Otherwise, effective April 1, 2011, the upgrade eligibility on that line will be changed to 22 months.
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is less than 12 months from the last upgrade, their upgrade eligibility will be changed to 22 months.
    o To check your upgrade eligibility go to Sprint - Upgrades.

So there is the answer for ALL launch day Pre owners who have not upgraded (Regardless if you're a Silver or Gold Premier member).

In a nutshell, launch day Pre owners are NOT going to be impacted by the new April 1st premier policy (as long as you have not used your upgrade).

Boregardo, you are correct sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    And if you're last upgrade was in 2009, when the Pre was released, you're only going to lose the upgrade for a few months. You don't get reset and made to wait another 2 years.

Sent from my eVo
    This is consistent with the hardcopy Sprint mailed me, and with the text on their website. It looks like I will have about a month when I'm not eligible for an upgrade, which doesn't seem like a big deal.

I just hope that they have an upgrade I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    This is consistent with the hardcopy Sprint mailed me, and with the text on their website. It looks like I will have about a month when I'm not eligible for an upgrade, which doesn't seem like a big deal.

I just hope that they have an upgrade I want.
    Actually, if you're a launch day Pre owner (June 6, 2009), you're only going to lose 5 days. April 6th, 2011 is 22 months from your last upgrade (if you have not already used it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Actually, if you're a launch day Pre owner (June 6, 2009), you're only going to lose 5 days. April 6th, 2011 is 22 months from your last upgrade (if you have not already used it).
    I think they usually default to the first of the month. Our 2-year contract expires 3/6/2012, but my wife's 22-month upgrade comes due 1/1/2012 instead of 1/6/2012. Not sure if that's true if your contract date is mid-month or end-of-month...maybe they default to the 1st or 15th of each month, depending on when your contract date is up?
    I also think it should be that way (22 months from your last upgrade / retroactive which makes the most logical sense). However, unless the article on the front page of Precentral is incorrect, what you're saying is incorrect. The 22mos will be the new wait period for Silver Premier members and it does start on April 1, 2011. After April 1st, you still get the 75.00 discount (as a Silver Premier member)
    Incorrect.

I just don't understand why people are misunderstanding the whole thing. I think the PC article and Sprint's website and mailer explain it pretty clearly.

Sprint Premier changes will wipe out existing one-year upgrades after March 31 | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

It’s especially painful for those of you that are just over a year into their contract and were expecting an upgrade nowish, but instead will have to wait until the end of 2011 to qualify for discounted pricing on a new device.
    Not the end of 2012...the end of 2011. 12 + 10 = 22 months. Seems pretty straightforward to me.
    J Grouchy, you are correct. Read my updated post after the one you quoted. If people are still launch day Pre owners (June 6, 2009), these policy changes don't affect them.
    I feel for you guys, I'm on the EPRP and am glad I know on April 1, I can get $150 off a new Pre 3 (if Sprint gets it) to replace my launch day Pre.
    This confusion sucks.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I am very certain that Sprint will not have the Pre3 on March 31. I have no basis for this other than the "summertime" time frame provided on 2/9. In light of that, I wouldn't consider March 31 to be anywhere near summertime.
    Dan
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    eh so I might be changing my Avatar back then... but we'll see what happens then this summer with the Pre3

haha funny timing... but if you are talking about my picture that was because I thought that I had to upgrade or lose eligibility for 22 months.... thats the way it was originally explained to me. And how it appeared on Sprints website.
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Not launch day, but if they count from the start of the month, I will have either 0 or 1 month of ineligibility. Not a reason to make any decisions other than to avoid buying during that month.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    so can we original Pre owners say its safe to say that this fire has been put out?! lol

But I will say that if Sprint reps gave consistently correct information this would not have been a problem for most of us...

but I guess thats asking alot...
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I wrote to Sprint to ask them to reconsider the changes to the Premier plan as well as the $10 add on for 3G data. For whatever it is worth in clarification, here is the reply I received:

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand your concern regarding the
    premier policy change and $10 fees.

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to the same
    issue.

As per the available details, I would like to inform you that our Sprint
    policy are change time to time. That is the reason our Sprint premier
    program has been changed. Recently Sprint has changed the premier
    account policy and made two type premier accounts :

1. S/P Silver
    2. S/P Gold

Here are the eligibility criteria for both the accounts:

1. For S/P Gold :

- To be Sprint Premier Gold, customers must have at least 6 months
    tenure and meet the following qualifications:
    - Individual plans with a 3 month average MRC of at least $89.99 or
    - Shared plans with a 3 month average MRC of at least $169.99 or
    - Tenure of 10+ years with Sprint Wireless
    - Good standing

Note: 3-month average MRC is based on voice plans only, not including
    add-on services, and is figured before any discounts are applied.
    Additional lines on shared plans do not count toward the minimum
    spending requirement. The MRCs of two plans cannot be added on an
    account to satisfy the minimum spending threshold.

2. For S/P Silver:

- To be Sprint Premier Silver, customers must have at least 6 months
    tenure and meet the following qualifications:
    Individual plans with a 3 month average MRC $69.99-$89.98 or
    Shared plans with a 3 month average MRC $99.99 -$169.98
    Good standing

Note: 3-month average MRC is based on voice plans only, not including
    add-on services, and is figured before any discounts are applied.
    Additional lines on shared plans do not count toward the minimum
    spending requirement. The MRCs of two plans cannot be added on an
    account to satisfy the minimum spending threshold.

There is one more thing I would like to write you is:

Tenure of 10+ years with Sprint Wireless will be made the S/P Gold
    Customer. Your account was started with us on 06/14/2002. So after the
    completion of the 10 years with Sprint you will be automatically made a
    S/P Gold customer.

Further, for your second concern the $10.00 Premium data pack is for
    unlimited data usage while in 3G/4G. Sprint network. It provides rich
    data experience that HTC EVO™ 4G provides whether in 3G or 4G Sprint
    network.

The data-rich features are available to HTC EVO™ 4G users regardless if
    they are in a 3G or 4G network. Plus faster data speeds if you live in
    or travel to one of the available 4G markets. Sprint 4G is expected to
    be available to up to 120 million people across the US by the end of

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your
    questions. Please reply to this email or visit sprint.com if we can be
    of assistance.

Sincerely,
    Keith S.
    Sprint
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I got my Sprint Pre in September of 2009. I'm eligible for the $150 upgrade but am still totally confused as to what will happen on March 31st. Will i lose the upgrade, will i go down to the $75 upgrade b/c I will only be a Silver premier customer, or will it stay the same until i use the $150 upgrade and then go down to the Silver premier package? My actual contract is not up until 9-18-11 and my 22nd month is in July of this year.

Clueless
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast