Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sprint Nixing $10 Premium Data Fee? | PhoneNews.com

Sprint customers with 4G devices on standard Everything Data plans are reporting the removal of the additional $10 Premium Data fee from their accounts on the latest statements from the carrier, while those on SERO are also reporting the removal of the fee from those accounts as well.

This follows the expansion of the Premium Data fee to all smartphones at the end of last month, which has caused dissatisfaction within the customer base most likely to purchase smart devices on the carrier due to the increased cost per year.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Interesting. I know they did not add the fee on me when I swapped esn's. I had 2 pres and swapped em
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    does it mean that they just rolled it in to the standard data charge instead of a separate line item?
    My charge is still on my bill. Maybe it will change after my next billing cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    My charge is still on my bill. Maybe it will change after my next billing cycle.
    Same here, my charge is also still on there.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    it means sprint realized the nintendo ds phone wasn't going to sell so they had to do something
  8.    #8  
    Nothing official has been announced that I am aware of. Just something to keep an eye on.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    post it up on the ask a sprint rep section and see what they say
    Duetschland Uber Alles
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Are they going to remove the fee for 3G smartphones?
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Are they going to remove the fee for 3G smartphones?
    You are entering the realm of the unknown...

Cue the Twilight Zone music.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I don't know if I understand the additional $10 fee correctly, but I do know that if it is applied to my account - I will be done with Sprint. I rarely get 1X data and the chances of 3G ever being where I live (and most of the territory where I work) is VERY small. 4G will NEVER happen. I don't want to pay for it. I'm guessing that 90% of data use on my phone is WiFi, I really sometimes wonder if I should have a data plan at all.
    I don't care either way. i have 5 lines,4 of them are smartphones,40 bucks a month is not make me or break me.

Evo-lution
    It is not showing up on my account either.
    I don't see it here
    I activated a pixi on my account last week and was informed that the $10 would appear on my next billing cycle. I was told the new charge would apply to any smartphone ESN swap, except assurion replacements, even if I downgraded to a pixi from a pre. The rep on the phone then offered me $60 credit per line for 2 of my lines if I would just sign a new 2 yr agreement without effecting the upgrade status. She seemed surprised when I declined "free money"- her words. I told her I have 5 lines that need upgrading and that $50 per month is a sizable difference to me, and I was not going to renew any contracts.
    It says individual plans are having the $10 removed for both 3g and 4g.... family plans haven't seen a change yet.

I hope this is nixed

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 92turbo2 View Post
    post it up on the ask a sprint rep section and see what they say
    That would be a waste of time.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I just got the letter of the premier change on april fools.. I hipe it's a jike ... Sigh...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    does it mean that they just rolled it in to the standard data charge instead of a separate line item?
    That is my understanding from talking with the local Sprint rep yesterday.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast