Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Interesting. I know they did not add the fee on me when I swapped esn's. I had 2 pres and swapped em
    I think that it's when you swap to a different device, (Pre to EVO). That's my assumption.
    I like meeting new friends, follow me on twitter->

that_maynard
    Well, the7 have not yet made the change in the system when signing up to buy a new phone (it still lists it as an addon, not as a price adjustment in your plan) and my account still has a Premium Data $0 "charge" on it.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    I just added a line to my account yesterday at Best Buy. I got a Samsung Transform (NON-4G) and they added the 10 Premium data, I just noticed it after reading this thread. Doesn't this void my contract with Sprint?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Will this mean it'll materially change the contract..
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
    I just added a line to my account yesterday at Best Buy. I got a Samsung Transform (NON-4G) and they added the 10 Premium data, I just noticed it after reading this thread. Doesn't this void my contract with Sprint?
    No it doesn't since you just signed an agreement that said you were paying the $10 fee.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with a Sprint rep. I have four Palm Pre phones. She flippantly told me that when I upgrade the phones and activate the upgraded phones then I will be charged an additional $10 per phone. A $40 per month increase from what I pay now.... I'm not looking to upgrade to 4G.
    What is up with that????
    I just went to the sprint site and tried adding the everything data and text 450 plan to my cart and put an EVO in the cart and it never said that the phone required the $10 premium data add-on. Could have checked out at 69.99 per month with an EVO. Looks to be gone.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Still had the $10 on my family plan for my nephew's 4G Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Oversteer325 View Post
    I just went to the sprint site and tried adding the everything data and text 450 plan to my cart and put an EVO in the cart and it never said that the phone required the $10 premium data add-on. Could have checked out at 69.99 per month with an EVO. Looks to be gone.
    Yeah...that's strange. I ran through it expecting the "gotcha" to be at the end or buried in their "surcharges and fees", but I couldn't find any reference to it. Only thing I can think of is after you go through the process of giving your personal info they say "Oh, it looks like you have ordered a smartphone...so we'll have to tack on $10/month. Thanks!".
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    You are entering the realm of the unknown...

Cue the Twilight Zone music.

Sent from my eVo
    Waah waah waah wahwahwah

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    It's still on the website and is based on the phones you select. There is a small disclaimer at the top of the page to review "plan requirements" for a given phone that says essentially "this phone requires premium data at $10/month"

Also note, except for extremely crappy phones, they all have this requirement. "Smart Phones" has never been so vague.
    Dan
    haha just add $10 to your data and stop making it a 'fee'.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    It's still on the website and is based on the phones you select. There is a small disclaimer at the top of the page to review "plan requirements" for a given phone that says essentially "this phone requires premium data at $10/month"

Also note, except for extremely crappy phones, they all have this requirement. "Smart Phones" has never been so vague.
    Okay...yeah, I see it now. When you shop for phones, there is a link under the "Interactive videos" link that brings a pop-up window outlining all the stuff you have to order with a given phone. The $10 addon is right there at the top of each page...

4G phones: Sprint 4G plan, coverage and speed information

Android phones: Some important things to know about Android™ phones

Blackberry phones: Some important things to know about BlackBerry smartphones

Palm phones: Some important things to know about Palm® devices
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I just found in in the Sprint User's Forum..... A $10 charge for each of my Palm Pre phones when I upgrade or activate a new phone.... I was really looking forward to having the new HP Palm Pre 3 for everyone in my family of four, but with a $40 additional per month for the whole family I spoke with my kids and told them the days of smartphones in our family are gone forever....SAD.
    I'm drinking to eliminate the pain.
    I HATE SPRINT FOR THIS....
    I would love to switch. If anyone has any suggestions then please let me know what to do!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacarmn View Post
    I just found in in the Sprint User's Forum..... A $10 charge for each of my Palm Pre phones when I upgrade or activate a new phone.... I was really looking forward to having the new HP Palm Pre 3 for everyone in my family of four, but with a $40 additional per month for the whole family I spoke with my kids and told them the days of smartphones in our family are gone forever....SAD.
    I'm drinking to eliminate the pain.
    I HATE SPRINT FOR THIS....
    I would love to switch. If anyone has any suggestions then please let me know what to do!
    Lmao!! ha,ha,ha, classic!!(in my guy from the hangover voice)
    I still have the "premium data fee" on my account :-(
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    just paid my bill and it looks like the additional charge is gone. woot !
    member of the Evo-lution
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    just paid my bill and it looks like the additional charge is gone. woot !
    Just checked and it's still on mine.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I have a family plan with a blackberry on my line now I bought on ebay a used sprint pre minus will I get the monthly charge if I activate it?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast