Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Guys

I rep from Dan Hasse office called in regards to my email about PRe 3 and TouchPad, she explained to me that HP is looking around for a carrier and that HP has not decided on one yet, once HP decides it is then up to the carrier to accept, as far as she knows Sprint is waiting for HP, and once HP picks Sprint, Sprint then will release announcement about Pre 3 and TouchPad, she also said she doesnt see why Sprint wont carry Pre 3 and TouchPad, no Veer she said only Pre 3 And Touchpad for now. So Sprint is basically waiting for HP to pick Sprint, those are her words.

Sorry forgot to add this:
    She said that both companies ( HP / Carrier ) are deciding, maybe Sprint is testing it so not to make same mistake twice. Said there should be announcement soon.
    Last edited by joek71; 02/12/2011 at 02:14 PM.
    HP doesn't decide on carriers, the carriers decide on the phones.

If it was up to HP, the Pre+ and Pre2 would already be available on Sprint. You need to call that person back and tell them to re-write their script.
    Thats weird that she said HP hasnt decided on ONE yet. I really hope they arent doing an exclusive thing like they did with the Original Pre. If they do though, im sorry Sprint and AT&T users, I hope its on Verizon. lol
    If there is no agreement, I don't understand how the sprint reps can be telling their corporate accounts that they are getting these phones (this news according to precentral front page). Someone must have told the reps that there is an agreement.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Hi Guys

I rep from Dan Hasse office called in regards to my email about PRe 3 and TouchPad, she explained to me that HP is looking around for a carrier and that HP has not decided on one yet, once HP decides it is then up to the carrier to accept, as far as she knows Sprint is waiting for HP, and once HP picks Sprint, Sprint then will release announcement about Pre 3 and TouchPad, she also said she doesnt see why Sprint wont carry Pre 3 and TouchPad, no Veer she said only Pre 3 And Touchpad for now. So Sprint is basically waiting for HP to pick Sprint, those are her words.
    I know for a fact: Complete and utter BS. HP wants their devices on EVERY carrier. The carrier decides...just like Sprint decided not to carry the Pre 2.

Hopefully they will decide on Pre 3, but its not up to HP.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I know for a fact: Complete and utter BS. HP wants their devices on EVERY carrier. The carrier decides...just like Sprint decided not to carry the Pre 2.

Hopefully they will decide on Pre 3, but its not up to HP.

OR maybe HPalm has not yet courted the carriers with the new devices yet... Thus the FAIL 6month delay.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Is it just me or does Dan Hesse always look like a real smug SOB?

"Hello Im Dan Hesse and Im better than you"
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    OR maybe HPalm has not yet courted the carriers with the new devices yet... Thus the FAIL 6month delay.
    YEAH! maybe you are right!!!! FAIL for them FOR SURE!
    Yeah, a company can show their phones to the carrier, but it is the carrier who makes the decision on what they will carry and offer to their customers.

In most cases, this is done a long time, before a phone ever comes to market.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    this could be feesable really. Lets say that the new chipset from qualcam caused delays in the device being available and had to rework the devices. Then of course they didnt court any carriers yet before the show hence no carrier announcments or prices (since all devices have new qualcam chips in them). I do think they did already speak to each other Hp and sprint, but havent yet sat down and spoke about when they can get the devices out, and for how much. So indeed I believe they will, and hopefully sooner then later.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    Is it just me or does Dan Hesse always look like a real smug SOB?

"Hello Im Dan Hesse and Im better than you"
    Actually I think its the exact opposite. I've seen quite a few interviews and I actually like the guy.
    VZW carried both the Pre + and is supposedly carrying the Pre 2. I'd be shocked if they weren't going to offer the Pre 3.

ET
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    this could be feesable really. Lets say that the new chipset from qualcam caused delays in the device being available and had to rework the devices. Then of course they didnt court any carriers yet before the show hence no carrier announcments or prices (since all devices have new qualcam chips in them). I do think they did already speak to each other Hp and sprint, but havent yet sat down and spoke about when they can get the devices out, and for how much. So indeed I believe they will, and hopefully sooner then later.
    HP's cred is going down the drain. Leo "the lion" bs'ing about we don't announce if we can't ship "immediately".....
    Holding an event w.o. carriers/shipdates atop of that?....... Next phone to be called "NeverMind"....
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    Leo "the lion" bs'ing :
    You got that all wrong.
    It's Leo The Liar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

If it was up to HP, the Pre+ and Pre2 would already be available on Sprint. You need to call that person back and tell them to re-write their script.
    They're HP. If they wanted the Pre on Sprint, it will get on Sprint.

It's up to HP to make them carry it and simply a matter of how badly HP wants to make it happen.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    They're HP. If they wanted the Pre on Sprint, it will get on Sprint.

It's up to HP to make them carry it and simply a matter of how badly HP wants to make it happen.
    I did not know that.

I cannot believe HP wont tell Sprint what to do. While they are at it... I hope they tell Sprint to get rid of all those damn Android phones so people can only buy webOS!
    The office of Sprint's CEO will not publically provide information that reveals what is really going on.. only that information which serves whatever their intentions are.

Having said that.. carriers will decide on whether to carry a phone or not.. however, EXCLISIVITY agreements for a phne debut is another story.. these are deals made between the supplier (HP) and the carrier, and in THAT regard, Im guessing that there is much interest in these devices and that HP has several offers for exclusivity deals (Pre 3 and the Touchpad - the Veer is likely already handled by now) to entertain, if, indeed that is the route they want to take.

There is alot to think about in making an exclusivity deal... Palm's cholice of Sprint, in hindsight, for the Pre, was not a good one, and, HP doesn't want to repeat that, for sure... if Sprint wants it, they will have to make a pitch to HP that will convince them that they will make these their absolute flagship devices, and push them accordingly.

IMO, of course.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I don't think HP is looking for an exclusivity agreement at this point. If they were, Sprint wouldn't be in the discussion because the Veer can't run on CDMA networks. Release the TouchPad exclusively on Sprint and the Veer on AT&T/T-Mobile? LOL. Actually, that DOES sound like a decison HP/Palm would make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

depends on how you look at it really . HP has to decide wether or not they want to approach Sprint first lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    The office of Sprint's CEO will not publically provide information that reveals what is really going on.. only that information which serves whatever their intentions are.

Having said that.. carriers will decide on whether to carry a phone or not.. however, EXCLISIVITY agreements for a phne debut is another story.. these are deals made between the supplier (HP) and the carrier, and in THAT regard, Im guessing that there is much interest in these devices and that HP has several offers for exclusivity deals (Pre 3 and the Touchpad - the Veer is likely already handled by now) to entertain, if, indeed that is the route they want to take.

There is alot to think about in making an exclusivity deal... Palm's cholice of Sprint, in hindsight, for the Pre, was not a good one, and, HP doesn't want to repeat that, for sure... if Sprint wants it, they will have to make a pitch to HP that will convince them that they will make these their absolute flagship devices, and push them accordingly.

IMO, of course.
    I am also kinda on your page, could be exclusivity (especially since none of us know what HP hasn't announced for future devices). My other thought is it could be negotiations on price to carrier vs carrier subsidy. We all know for example VZW does BOGO on a lot of new phones, HP and the carriers could be working on final pricing for the phone(s) hitting the market. Just a thought not saying it's fact. Sprint and VZW (for CDMA) have very different business models as to how they sell their phones then plans, could be something a conglomerate like HP would consider before announcing carriers and pricing (especially since HP has shown a desire to release carrier free unlocked GSM phones sold from their own market).

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    I don't think HP is looking for an exclusivity agreement at this point. If they were, Sprint wouldn't be in the discussion because the Veer can't run on CDMA networks. Release the TouchPad exclusively on Sprint and the Veer on AT&T/T-Mobile? LOL. Actually, that DOES sound like a decison HP/Palm would make.
    Exclusivity doesn't mean by brand, but by phone. Samsung has always had phones on multiple networks, same with Palm, you don't always get the same exact phone from each carrier, if you do get the same phone, you don't always get it at the same time. The Veer being non-CDMA has NOTHING to do with exclusivity.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast