Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't care how it works as long as the Pre 3 ends up on sprint. The more people that email or call it will hopefully convince Sprint that there is a market for webos on their network.
    Do all three devices have touch-to-share ?
    Pre3 and Touchpad do.
    Why would HP split up the two devices on different carriers?

http://www.precentral.net/touchstone...touch-to-share

I can see the VEER going to all GSM carriers. I just can't see the Pre3 and Touchpad split up on carrier as the Touchpad is HP's new Flagship device and one of the Great feature is the touch-to-share added to the Touchstone technology .

IMO HP is setting up to sale (dare i say walmart jk ) them together at first but to split them up at a later point to different carriers.
    Would it be nice to get the Pre3 and the Touchpad at a great discounted price.

This is just my thoughts on this .
    Last edited by warlord9159; 02/12/2011 at 06:12 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I did not know that.

I cannot believe HP wont tell Sprint what to do. While they are at it... I hope they tell Sprint to get rid of all those damn Android phones so people can only buy webOS!
    So you really think a company like HP couldn't get a third rate carrier like Sprint to carry its phone? Like i said, it depends on badly HP wants it to happen. If Sprint isn't carrying it, then its simply because HP doesn't care enough to make it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    They're HP. If they wanted the Pre on Sprint, it will get on Sprint.

It's up to HP to make them carry it and simply a matter of how badly HP wants to make it happen.
    Carriers don't take orders from phone makers, unless they are Apple.

Sprint put everything on hold when HP bought Palm. It has taken Palm way too long to get back into the product cycle for the carriers.

Several different HP executives said that Sprint continues to be their strongest relationship. They also said that they want every phone available from every carrier.

Once HP gets the new stuff shipping (which has taken them waaaay too long) the phones need to sell well and not have any hardware problems. That is what will get more carriers interested in launching more HP phones.

If they don't sell (like the crappy sales effort VZW will probably make for the Pre2) or the have lots of returns (plastic oreos) it makes it more unlikely that the carriers will pick up future devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    So you really think a company like HP couldn't get a third rate carrier like Sprint to carry its phone? Like i said, it depends on badly HP wants it to happen. If Sprint isn't carrying it, then its simply because HP doesn't care enough to make it happen.
    Yep. Palm didn't have the Pre2 ready and HP bought Palm. Sprint had a business to run while HP got their act together. Once the new hotness is actually available... Sprint will be interested.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    A rep from Dan's office also called me yesterday, but she could not tell me if Sprint would pick up the Pre 3 or not.... but I really didn't think she would anyway.
  7.    #27  
    I have a good standing with this person, when I email Dan for any reason, question or just to vent she calls me back, and I always getemail about our convo and she passes on our convo to the right dept. I complained about the new premiere that they coming out with in April said they should add one more level. I dont know if my chatting with her does any good but one day hope to really speak to Dan on the phone :-), one day. Give him piece of my mind, he steering the Sprint ship in wrong direction in regards with new phones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12