Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I once had a chat with an e-chat person that didn't know what the MSL was.

I'm sorry but giving false hope to those that want this on Sprint is really unfair to them.
    Well if you really look at it it was only the OP who asked the question knowing that it was a gsm only phone. The sprint csr only talked of the pre 3 and the tablet for a reason. That's all they are getting, sometime july-august. He shouldn't have asked about the veer, had he not then that convo would have had the oppisitw reaction from all of you. I'm looking at it this way 5 months away and I'll have something to replace my aging pre-. Just sit back and wait.
    My name peggy.

in all seriousness *crosses fingersss*
    Hi Peggy !!
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Kate: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
    You: any idea on hp phones on sprint??
    Kate: Unfortunately, we do not have any information if hp phones will come to Sprint.
    Kate: Please keep a check on the website for any information.
    Kate: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    You: no, thank you
    Kate: YOu are welcome.
    Kate: Thank you for visiting Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint.
    Wow, when will you guys give up on these rep said threads? I will call and ask Obama if he knows if Sprint will be getting any new webOS devices and I will call the thread Obama said. He has just as much credibility as those reps. The Veers a GSM phone and you should i've hung up once you heard that...lol.
    First it's "in weeks" now this bozo say "coming days." The lies have no end. There is no credibility left in this group. Can't people just be boring and honest anymore.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Got this email back today

Response (CL eCare Back Office) 02/11/2011 05:52 PM
    Dear [xxxxxxxx]:

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I apologize for the inconvenience you have had. At this time there is not, any information on the Palm Pre 3 as to when we will get that phone.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions. Please reply to this email or visit sprint.com if we can be of assistance.
    Thank you,
    Gerri G.
    Sprint Premier Back Office
    Sprint - Dedicated to Excellence!
    1st in 4G & Business Customer Satisfaction
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Yes, Sprint will get new devices... but it won't be in 'days'
    I say we all all out of boredom. Make a schedule to bug them all hours they are available.
    Spoke with a rep name Robert who said he was in North Carolina, (at least he had a good southern accent). He said that they had received a memo regarding the HP Pre3 and the Touchpad. Said the Palm Pre 3 will be available in the a few months on Sprint and the Touchpad after that. Did not mention the Veer.
    Here is to more Hope!
    -Kevin
    I spoke to a Sprint rep and was told the Iphone is going to be here soon. Moral : Reps know NOTHING. You know more then a rep.
    These reps live in a house filled with lies.
    Most of these times the Reps are not even in the states. While it hurts no one to post stuff I wish the "Rep Says" post would disspear as they are usually 100% incorrect and we all pretty much know these reps will says yes if you ask them today if the Palm Centro is coming out soon. These post get silly after a while , again harmless but gives false hope to people.
    Oh well. At least with the openly contradictory title I didn't come in here expecting any better.

Here's my prediction, even after reading the chat log......

Sprint get's the veer, but since it was announced as GSM only, they don't get it until near the end of May.

HP finally explains their big make-up attempt to early WebOS adopters by telling them they can get $25 off a Veer through Sprint.

80% Will have already left WebOS for good, or switched to a Pre2 on a different carrier, making it a completely hollow gesture.

10% Will tell HP to take a long walk off a short pier because they're only on Sprint until their ETF runs out in June, and after all, it's a lame deal.

The remaining 10% will go ahead and take the deal, only to see far better deals on the Pre3 from other carriers 31 days later. (1 day too late for buyer's remorse)

Because the Veer isn't really targeted at Sprint's more business-centric clientèle, the relatively small number of people who take the deal will result in lack-luster sales for the Veer on Sprint.

The end result being that Sprint declines the Pre3, and the as yet unannounced HP designed WebOS phones coming out, supposedly, later this year.

In short, early adopters on Sprint get a raw deal coming and going.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    though precentral had a better rumor posted here too:

New Palm devices headed for Sprint? | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

as well as confermed by me and others that Sprint and Palm before the buyout partnership was intact and will continue to carry devices. So again of course sprint will be getting new devices, and yes mostly all reps at sprint dont know anymore then what we do, and if anything they have heard rumors too.
    also no the sprint will not get the veer at all, if they dont get the Pre 3 it will be a totally different device. As far as I know with the info given to me the Veer is for GSM radios only so expect AT&T and or TMobile only. Also if they had a CDMA version im pretty sure Sprint would not want to carry that first since the pre.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I just eChatted with a Sprint rep and asked if they are getting the new HP Snipe phone. They said yes!

I can't wait.
    Didn't you really mean that you will have to wait??
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    though precentral had a better rumor posted here too:

New Palm devices headed for Sprint? | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

as well as confermed by me and others that Sprint and Palm before the buyout partnership was intact and will continue to carry devices. So again of course sprint will be getting new devices, and yes mostly all reps at sprint dont know anymore then what we do, and if anything they have heard rumors too.
    HP said "we will be cool, we will announce devices ready to be sold". Weeks later HP announced vaporware.

My theory is that HP expected to be able to announce devices ready to be sold, but the deal with at least one carrier fell through, and they have to negotiate before they can announce anything. So I don't trust any news from before Feb 9th.

I wrote to Sprint and told them I would like to get the Pre3, but if it isn't announced before I get around to doing something, I will probably buy something else on some other network. I got back the following non-reply:
    Thank you for contacting Sprint showing interest on palm pre 3.

Since this device is not available to our customers, I am unable provide
    the details you requested.

If Sprint offers it in the future, you will find product and pricing
    details on Sprint.com and in promotional information at our retail
    stores.

We encourage you to watch news reports or monitor our web site to see if
    a change in availability occurs.
    I just talked to one of the CSR's at my local store (Christopher) and asked if there was any word on whether-or-not the new HP/Palm phones would be available on Sprint. He CLAIMED that they expected SIX new devices from Palm BY JUNE... I wonder if this count includes ACCESSORIES like a charger, dock, keyboard, case, screen protector...?

Fingers are crossed (but not holding my breath)!
    -Brian-
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast