Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    So is it safe not to expect Sprint on the short list of carriers for the pre 3, veer, and tablet? Given that in the past sprint recieved no pre or pixi plus and now even the pre 2 cuz of the bad taste the original pre left in many people's mouths. :/
    The did say it was set up for CDMA so I'm pretty sure Sprint's getting it...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Isn't Verizon CDMA as well, maybe it's for Verizon and AT&T? Seeing as they are getting the latest webOS products
    So far we have the info:HSDPA+ and EVDO revA

And info from the web code with the listed names: ATT and Verizon.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    For a minute, when you looked at the source code for the Pre 3 website, there were mentions of both Verizon at ATT, but not Sprint.

Sprint Users Left in the Cold? (Update: Carriers Removed from Code) | webOSroundup

Edit. Whoops. Already covered. Oh well, there's the link.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Son of a...So there's no chance on a sprint release?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuffo View Post
    There's, uhhhhh... slightly better than no chance?

No but for real, I'm on Sprint and I REALLY hope it comes.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    So it's more like a wait and see. That sucks..
    Nope no Sprint. Hesse intentionally undercut HP's event with a HW announcement and he wouldn't do that if they were supporting HP. Dan's going ALL IN with the "Fail Sandwich" (aka Echo) and that's sadly about it...
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    So all people who have sprint (like me) can expect from here on end is Sprint the android network.
    So all people who have sprint (like me) can expect from here on end is Sprint the android network.
    to sum it up yes. android is what sells for them right now.
    Actually, there is an extremely good chance for new devices hitting Sprint. I spoke at length with a VP of HP at the event and was assured that Palm's relationship with Sprint is the "strongest of any carrier". People are just running around in circles crying that the sky is falling when they simply don't know the behind the scenes stuff. Sprint will see new devices, but there are still a few things in the works to finalize the devices themselves (no matter the carrier).

Believe it or not, Palm pays attention to these forums. Palm listens to the user base, but simply can't jump in threads and start telling people to stop worrying because they have "x" and "y" in the works. People can complain all they want, but Palm isn't going to leave Sprint users out for new devices. Either wait and see... or try something else out and come back. Either way, the plans on their end stay the same... and that's good for everyone.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/11/2011 at 05:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Actually, there is an extremely good chance for new devices hitting Sprint. I spoke at length with a VP of HP at the event and was assured that Palm's relationship with Sprint is the "strongest of any carrier". People are just running around in circles crying that the sky is falling when they simply don't know the behind the scenes stuff. Sprint will see new devices, but there are still a few things in the works to finalize the devices themselves (no matter the carrier).

Believe it or not, Palm pays attention to these forums. Palm listens to the user base, but simply can't jump in threads and start telling people to stop worrying because they have "x" and "y" in the works. People can complain all they want, but Palm isn't going to leave Sprint users out for new devices. Either wait and see... or try something else out and come back. Either way, the plans on their end stay the same... and that's good for everyone.
    Thanks for that. So many around here love to jump to conclusions...

I'd be willing to bet a nickle, many of the: "you will never see another webOS phone on Sprint" crowd, are the same who were saying things like: "the slider form factor is dead, and HP should kill the Pre and build slabs, because that's the only form factor that sells."

I may be in the minority, but I love the re-boot.

...and FWIW, I've been told, (and not by some random "know-it-all-rep), that Sprint is very excited about the Pre3, webOS and the TouchPad and will promote the heck out of them this Summer.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I hope you all are right. Seeing as how I love webOS and I don't want to switch to other os platforms seeing as most others are lackluster
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

I hope you are right as well, but hard to accept the "strongest relationship" with sprint bit given the things sprint said about the pre ("disappointed") no pre+, no pixi+, no pre2, and no mention of sprint in the web code.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    FWIW, I've been told, (and not by some random "know-it-all-rep), that Sprint is very excited about the Pre3, webOS and the TouchPad and will promote the heck out of them this Summer.
    That seems to be the problem though... In the summer. I really hope "planned availability" can also mean a chance of an earlier release.
    again people say no sprint, no VZ etc is just their opinion. Mine of course is with already rumors stating sprint will be getting webos products, and with HP behind them and Sprint still has to be competitive in the smartphone industry they def will be carring a webos device this summer. Dont be nieve and listen to people who just want to destroy hopes for sprint customers, its a business and Sprint knows that as well as anyone. They also want to offer competitve devices from all OS's like every other company will. They are in no position to neglete a OS's at this point being the num 3 carrier. So yes sprint along with others will be getting a webos device period.
    Also again source codes are one thing, and if we went by that their would have been an announcment of just AT&T and VZ right? But there wasent any carrier announcments so you cant use that as leverage or proof.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I think that Sprint realizes that WebOS users are faithful. I would think that if HP would make a 4G version that Sprint would jump on that as a strong alternative. The reason that Sprint ignored the Pre2 is that they are focused on 4g and that is want they want to push based on the new plans and the additional revenue stream. If they got a 4G version of the Pre3 and a 4G version of the TouchPad, I'm sure that would be a fast seller for them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast