Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just talked to my Sprint rep and he confirmed that these are coming to Sprint. He even showed me an email stating this. I hate to be the guy that can't show any evidence, but I wanted to share this with everyone. I'm still p.o.'d about no 2.0, but this softens the blow for me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Be ready for sarcasm and potential vitriol.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    the veer is not even cdma compatible.... hate to break news to u but u were seriously misinformed. the only good news i have is there is a compatability link on the palm website and after i put in my serial number from the phone i got a response saying my phone will not be receive the 2.0 update, but they are working with sprint to provide a solution..... i can only pray pre3 =) with a discount~!!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    the veer is not even cdma compatible.... hate to break news to u but u were seriously misinformed. the only good news i have is there is a compatability link on the palm website and after i put in my serial number from the phone i got a response saying my phone will not be receive the 2.0 update, but they are working with sprint to provide a solution..... i can only pray pre3 =) with a discount~!!!
    You're right about the Veer. I might have jumped to that conclusion myself and was wrong. The Pre3 is what I was talking over with him, I barely mentioned the other 2.

Should have had your Pre out and snapped a photo of the email!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    He tried but the camera app took so long to load the guy retired by then
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    He tried but the camera app took so long to load the guy retired by then
    Lmao.

The damage is done, no more rumors no more waiting. Official headlines or bust.
    great - beginning of May for availability on Pre3 ?
  9.    #9  
    More info as it comes. I have been asking this guy for info on new webOS devices for almost as long as the pre has been out, and this is the first time he's told me anything. He's never given me false hope before.

I would like to believe this, but Sprint is not getting any WebOS devices. I wish you were right, but everything I have read looks pretty negative on Sprint getting WebOS.
    As much as I really (really, really, really, really!) hope that the Pre3 (they shoulda called it the "Stingray") comes to Sprint. Hesse's new 'flagship' phone is the Fail Sandwich (aka Echo) and that's pretty much all she wrote.

I don't believe two flagships has ever been done. Carriers typically put all the weight behind one stable at a time and ride it to the end.

If they do carry the new devices, then it will definitely be a soft launch with no backing, which means no training for staff and no incentives to sell HP Devices. Even if the Pre3 destroys the Fail Sandwich and the TPad crushes the GTab.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Why all the emphasis on it having to be a "flagship"?

Sprint did well with both the Evo and the Epic at the same time.

AT&T had the iPhone and the Samsung Galaxy phones still did well, and they also released windows phones to moderate success.

Verizon now has the iPhone and still has new Droids and other super phones coming out.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstnamemike View Post
    I would like to believe this, but Sprint is not getting any WebOS devices. I wish you were right, but everything I have read looks pretty negative on Sprint getting WebOS.
    please provide links to that, because everything I've read even on here only says that sprint is a likely carrier? check on here main page on page 8 or 9 sprint getting hp devices, though a rumor it is stated?
    there would be no reason why hp couldn't announce a cdma Veer, so it's feasible.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Question: Does Sprint allow reaming on ATT GSM or just other CDMA carriers?
    Quote Originally Posted by fubka View Post
    good question, I think they just roam on Verizons towers though I could be wrong.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    As much as I really (really, really, really, really!) hope that the Pre3 (they shoulda called it the "Stingray") comes to Sprint. Hesse's new 'flagship' phone is the Fail Sandwich (aka Echo) and that's pretty much all she wrote.

I don't believe two flagships has ever been done. Carriers typically put all the weight behind one stable at a time and ride it to the end.

If they do carry the new devices, then it will definitely be a soft launch with no backing, which means no training for staff and no incentives to sell HP Devices. Even if the Pre3 destroys the Fail Sandwich and the TPad crushes the GTab.

Then the future looks bad for Pre3 on all US carriers. With the iPhone, this will never be Verizon or AT&T's "flagship".

Between iPhone & the Droid line, Verizon has their money makers. AT&T as the iPhone and soon to have that Atrix.

Sprint has the EVO, still. The dual screen phone is a really cool proof of concept, but it will flop. At the very least it will not duplicate the success of the EVO. The dual screen concept might not die, but this first version of it will.

So, it seems to me that neither Sprint nor TMobile have enough cards in their hand. They have Android and BB... well so does everybody else with comparable or better versions of those brands. They need WebOS to remain diversified enough.

Now... if HP's phones had all been released with LTE, I would say the future of WebOS on Sprint looks bleak.
    Quote Originally Posted by fubka View Post
    Sprint phones are not capable of GSM, so no.

And before anyone mentions their global phones that do include GSM radios, they are set for European frequencies and will not work here.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    It sounds like you think the chances are good for Sprint, and after reading all the points I think it sounds reasonable.

Even without the "flagship" theory - which I don't buy either - when you look at all the other major carriers, the one in serious need of a hit is Sprint.

There's a couple of things HP could do that make sense to me.

One is to do a primary release on Sprint and do softer releases for AT&T and Verizon - all products.

Another would be to only release on one carrier - Sprint - because any kind of release on the other two would be overshadowed by the big kids that are already on those blocks - a.k.a. iOS and Android.

Someone mentioned that maybe the Veer would be non-Sprint and the Pre3 would be Sprint; but based on the Think Beyond Event, I came away with the strong impression that Veer is intended to be linked to the Touchpad as a sort of accessory phone. They talked about it in those terms.

I would still be mollified if we got the Pre3 only and the pad and Veer went elsewhere but I'd be licking my wounds for a while too. I really want the Touchpad but I seriously need the Pre3.
    correct most likely sprint will get the Pre 3 summer time frame, with the slab manison and broadway later in the fall winter time table. The touchpad will be released wifi version this summer first, and the Veer to Tmobile/at&t this sprint. I believe Verizon will get the slab mansion phone as well in the fall winter as well, along with the pixi broadway device. This is just one of many events and they still need to puts some ducks in order before launching. I am confident though because HP can scale these products worldwide as Palm could never have, as well as advertise and have thousands of apps. These devices intially dont have to be a flagship phone (why do people think so is beyond me) and they most likely wont. What HP is prob tryin to do is get webos back onto the market with new upgraded competitve devices, and then keep goin from there. Webos will def be releative again believe it or not, and im looking forward to it and so are most of the reviews all around the web who has put their opinions on to it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast