1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I sent a letter to Russ McGuire, VP of Strategy at Sprint about the new devices on Sprint. While this isn't a surefire answer, it does give some insight on the future. This was his response:

McGuire’s Law Blog Archive HP Unveils new WebOS Devices

Already sent a news tip to PC about it, but what do you think? Just a general answer, or feeling a little more hopeful?
    What I get from that is the following;

Yes sprint would like a webOS device on their network.

But sprint wants 4G Wimax. Does HP have a Wimax device or commit any of there devices to Wimax? No.

But, sprint mentioned pairing there 4G MiFi with a WiFi device. What does this mean? HP Touchpad combos.

I don't have a interest to switch networks to get a new webOS device. I'll hop over to the next good device. Perhaps a EVO when it comes cheaper. But sprint isn't known for making things like this cheaper.
    I did the same thing too and was also referred to that blog. I've sent him a follow-up email a few minutes ago asking questions that he should be able to answer instead of evading... so I'll share some of that when/if I hear from him.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    What I get from that is the following;

Yes sprint would like a webOS device on their network.

But sprint wants 4G Wimax. Does HP have a Wimax device or commit any of there devices to Wimax? No.

But, sprint mentioned pairing there 4G MiFi with a WiFi device. What does this mean? HP Touchpad combos.
    I see what you're saying. However, with the MiFi mention, you think maybe he's just trying to make a sale? I mean, if we already have a HP device from a different carrier, we have HotSpot, therefore we wouldn't need MiFi...
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    I see what you're saying. However, with the MiFi mention, you think maybe he's just trying to make a sale? I mean, if we already have a HP device from a different carrier, we have HotSpot, therefore we wouldn't need MiFi...
    He was talking about using the 4g connection on wifi enabled devices. So that implies a Hp Touchpad. Hotspot on the Palm Pre means nothing becuase the Pre is a 3g enabled device not a wifi only.