1.    #1  
    I finally made the decision to suffer the cost of a data plan to get a WebOS device and I've been waiting to hear about HPs new stuff.

I'd really like a Veer because small form factor is important to me. Plus, I'd like to have a great device that everyone says is doomed to fail. Unfortunately, given that it was announced as a GSM only device and the way the gears turn between Verizon and HP I'm guessing that it won't show up on Verizon until the end of the year (if ever).

So that leaves the Pre2 supposedly tomorrow, or wait and see when (if ever) the Pre3 shows up on Verizon. I'm guessing fall at the earliest. That might be worth the wait if I had something already, or if I cared about what my friends think of my "so last year" phone, but if I just want a phone to check mail and do the occasional map lookup or google search, is it worth the wait?

(Someone just asked basically the same question in the Palm General Chat forum. No link permission yet.)
    I'm thinking same. I just email, internet, maps, PIM, other basic stuff. Don't need front facing camera and don't want to pay extra for 4G. Pre 2 might fit me OK. I'd really like a new phone soon (last fall would have been nice); I'm still using my tired, old Treo.

But:

1) Will GPS be crippled as I've heard on other Palm (remember them?) phones?

2) Is the Pre 3 just bigger and faster or will it be able to run apps the Pre 2 can't?
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    The only thing missing from the Pre2 that will be in the Pre3 is tap-to-share.
    Share with a TouchPad?
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein