Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Really? Go back on saying we get updates? Leave us in the dust without a stated plan? No word of any devices coming? Really?

Thanks HP.

I guess I'm going to go get an LG Optimus on Virgin. Only $25 a month. I'm not waiting around for Sprint to never get WebOS devices while charging me more, and HP to ignore me.
    How would this be HP's fault? They haven't said anything about any carriers. Just because it's in some code, doesn't mean it's a fact.

Sprint will have a webOS phone.
    Sprint Love
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    How would this be HP's fault? They haven't said anything about any carriers. Just because it's in some code, doesn't mean it's a fact.

Sprint will have a webOS phone.
    Just follow the pattern of the last year. Combined with everything today.

Sprint is not getting a WebOS device anytime soon.
    There is no pattern. No one released a Palm/HP phone. So does that mean no one will get a webOS phone ever? ltm.

The merger took longer, that's why the Pre 2 didn't come out. Sprint always releases devices in summer. I wonder if that has any correlation between the devices coming out in summer..? I wonder..
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    It's gone from the code now... http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post2856712

Still not sure what that means though...
    It doesn't matter to me. After what they just pulled I'm never going to buy another Webos Device again. Here's hoping the iPhone 5 is a sprint phone. God do I hate android.
    If you're on Sprint and worried about some company give you the finger, you might want to look somewhere closer to home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    If you're on Sprint and worried about some company give you the finger, you might want to look somewhere closer to home...
    Sprint has been nothing but nice to me. Every time my palm phone broke, they gave me a replacement. When I couldn't take it anymore because my palm phone kept breaking, they offered me a moment. When my house didn't get sprint service, they gave me a femtocel free.

Their billing has been abundantly clear to understand, their service has been the most reliable I have ever used from a phone company, and I have never waited more than 10 minutes to get a representative on the phone. Said representatives have always been helpful, kind, and understanding. Sprint has been awesome.
    I'll be getting a Pre3. If Sprint doesn't want to offer it, I'll find a carrier that does.
  10.    #10  
    Oh Sprint is no angel either, not after this quarter. They **** me off.

I'm really thinking prepaid is the way to go. The HUGE 'new cool device' tax on all subscription based carriers are getting outrageous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Really? Go back on saying we get updates? Leave us in the dust without a stated plan? No word of any devices coming? Really?

Thanks HP.

I guess I'm going to go get an LG Optimus on Virgin. Only $25 a month. I'm not waiting around for Sprint to never get WebOS devices while charging me more, and HP to ignore me.
    The Optimus V looks like a sweet deal. I might check it out myself. Be aware that Virgin has no roaming period. If you don't have Sprint signal where are you have no phone service. I'm in SoCal so it's not a problem.
    I'm tired of this if anyone cares to ask how the company operates and how this BS starts. Please ask. They simply place what ever response will gain the most reaction the issues is truly sick. Another-words 1 or 2 answers could create a better public and product yet they want you to be washed of trust. Even the speakers at WebOS developer Day had a tactic of slow platharge to remove actual direct information from the consumer. Strange it comes from such a small company with little means to produce from the information it doesn't deliver back as a product for the consumer.
    I think we need to merge all these threads together into some sort of thread. A thread created by someone who very well knows Precentral and is one of the two main writers. Hmmm well I'm sure theres nothing like that so keep posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    I think we need to merge all these threads together into some sort of thread. A thread created by someone who very well knows Precentral and is one of the two main writers. Hmmm well I'm sure theres nothing like that so keep posting!
    Yea, let's try to hide all this terrible news and community backlash. Ignoring it will make everything all better.
    HP can suck it, I'm done. They expect me to run a Pre with 1.4.5 on it until sometime this summer when a new device launches that can run 2.0? I don't think so. The cellular world has passed them by once, and they're poised for it to happen again by announcing a too little too late phone and then letting it stagnate for 6 months before it's available. What a bunch of morons. I just wish somebody had a similar form factor Android phone for Sprint, the Evo shift is kinda bulky. I gotta figure something out though.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I've never been this upset about a technology company before. They have totally bent over all of us early adopters who got the Sprint Pre.

I'm picking up an Android sprint device next month. I'm very glad to see everyone else feeling the same way. Boy were we suckers.
    I think if you look webOS was the most successful on the sprint network. Verizon didn't give them any sort of notice in the ad market, thier reps didn't even know what a pre was. Same with AT&T and If HP/sprint fail to notice this and doesn't release at least one device(pre3 and a tablet I hope) then they are going to lose a lot of sales. After seeing how Verizon is committing to the iphone/android I just don't see how they can squeeze in another device that will actually sell. Sprint though has only android thats it for smart phones, it needs webOS to stay alive, and the sooner they announce this the better it'll be for them this summer.

Edit: I'm for sure getting the tablet, and hopefully I can get the pre 3 by next Christmas. I can live with my palm pre- till then, I still love it! <3

-Toaster
    Last edited by toasterthegamer; 02/09/2011 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Just cause
    Even this news isn't bad enough for me to go to Android. Until an Android mobile device has Honeycomb on it (the only way I'd consider Android at all), I'll stay where I am. I can wait until summer.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    The webOS update brings goodies like Flash,
    And Just Type and stacking (and won't cost you cash).
    More treats that the new year will bring unto you?
    (We have heard that you're feeling they're long overdue.)

Just noticed for question mark: "More treats the new year will bring unto you?"

Oh, and if won't cost me cash to get the webOS update, does that mean I can pickup the Pre3 off contract for free?
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I've got a while left on my Sprint contract (aug I think) so I'll just wait it out on my Pre- Once it's up I'll decide if I switch platforms, switch carriers, or both. Honestly Sprint's been pretty good to me so probably switch platforms if there isn't anything for Sprint by then. Oh well...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast