Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    yes, you got issues since you just found out through me, now thank me please :P
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I want to remain on Sprint with a replacement for my Pre-. HP offering a discount on a product for which I have no need, does NOT 'make it right."
    Quote Originally Posted by mahylo View Post
    Now I know there have been 1 million threads on "new device on sprint", and most of you are gonnna call <<mod delete>> on this post.
    I don't think anyone's gonna call <<mod delete>> on your post. Sprint reps have been telling people this to keep them from canceling. However it's still unlikely to be true. Search the forums for others who've talked to Sprint. If the Sprint reps were being honest Sprint would have the Pre 3 already by some accounts. They will say anything to keep you as a customer.

-Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    it's not HPs fault at all. SPRINT is the one rejecting the Pre 3.
    Sprint will take any device from anyone as proven by the Echo and now the XPRT. HP has an exclusive with AT&T for the Veer and someday soon the Pre 3.

Since May HP will only allow AT&A to partner on new products.

It could be that T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon, Sprint. Metro PCS, Virgin, Orange, and all the other carries are all conspiring to not carry HP.

Or it could be that HP signed an exclusive agreement with AT&T.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/07/2011 at 10:22 AM.
    Possible cause for the Pre3 delay...
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Sprint will take any device from anyone as proven by the Echo and now the XPRT. HP has an exclusive with AT&T for the Veer and someday soon the Pre 3.

It could be that T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon, Sprint. Metro PCS, Virgin, Orange, and all the other carries are all conspiring to not carry HP.

Sprint likes phones from Kyocera (Sanyo), because they are indestructible. The Echo is the latest in a line of those indestructible phones that don't cost Sprint tens of thousands of man hours dealing with crappy (Palm/HP) hardware.
    sprint rules haters
    had to be you again, relax.

Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I don't think anyone's gonna call <<mod delete>> on your post. Sprint reps have been telling people this to keep them from canceling. However it's still unlikely to be true. Search the forums for others who've talked to Sprint. If the Sprint reps were being honest Sprint would have the Pre 3 already by some accounts. They will say anything to keep you as a customer.

-Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    Sprint has been nothing but nice to me. Every time my palm phone broke, they gave me a replacement. When I couldn't take it anymore because my palm phone kept breaking, they offered me a moment. When my house didn't get sprint service, they gave me a femtocel free.

Their billing has been abundantly clear to understand, their service has been the most reliable I have ever used from a phone company, and I have never waited more than 10 minutes to get a representative on the phone. Said representatives have always been helpful, kind, and understanding. Sprint has been awesome.
    Very well said! I am in total agreement with you.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    I'll be getting a Pre3. If Sprint doesn't want to offer it, I'll find a carrier that does.

Very well said! I am in total agreement with you! I love my Pre - which I still fascinate some of my friends with the overclocked speed and the cool things it can do.. Pre 3 wherever it goes, I follow.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    or perhaps sprint is getting more money out the android now. I have yet to know peope that have a webos device. I have played with the touchpad and Ipad and ipad is far superior. HP does what it does best and that's their laptops. I love my pre and I'm not against webos, I like it, but if I were a CEO obviously I would go for the Android to make profit. I feel left behind with the webos but I love it and who cares if sprint gets the pre 3 or not. Just like people leave, new ones fill in the spot. It will be nice to have a pre3 on sprint but if it doesn't come then oh well. My next step will be a pre 2 with sprint. Sprint can listen all they want to for opinions but right now their thing is the Android and there's nothing we can do about it. If you don't like sprints bad choices on webos, then get verizon or att or criket for all they care if you leave or not. Just like they go out, more are on their way in and sprint CEO knows this. I hope we get the pre 3 and if we don't too bad, deal with it or leave if you really crave the pre 3.

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

or perhaps sprint is getting more money out the android now. I have yet to know peope that have a webos device. I have played with the touchpad and Ipad and ipad is far superior. HP does what it does best and that's their laptops. I love my pre and I'm not against webos, I like it, but if I were a CEO obviously I would go for the Android to make profit. I feel left behind with the webos but I love it and who cares if sprint gets the pre 3 or not. Just like people leave, new ones fill in the spot. It will be nice to have a pre3 on sprint but if it doesn't come then oh well. My next step will be a pre 2 with sprint. Sprint can listen all they want to for opinions but right now their thing is the Android and there's nothing we can do about it. If you don't like sprints bad choices on webos, then get verizon or att or criket for all they care if you leave or not. Just like they go out, more are on their way in and sprint CEO knows this. I hope we get the pre 3 and if we don't too bad, deal with it or leave if you really crave the pre 3.
    when is sprint getting the Pre 2?
    they are not. I meant the pre 2 from verizon with sprints radio on it. But you know what? I'm getting so tempted with the galaxy S 2 phone comin out. I saw reviews saying it's the most powerful phone in the world coming out.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I'm getting so tempted with the galaxy S 2 phone comin out. I saw reviews saying it's the most powerful phone in the world coming out.
    That'll probably hold true for a week or two.
    Sprint has open enrolment on warranty.

I went this weekend to a Sprint store and to my surprise, I was able to enroll in the warranty program which, for the record, I have never purchased and on March 2012 will be my two-year anniversary with the PRE.

This opens a new door for me.
    Also I am almost certain the The WEBOS experience and Sprint carrier is pretty much over for now.
    If you want to stay in Sprint start thinking DROID if you want a new device.
    I checked Verizon but I can tell you there plans are VERY EXPENSIVE.
    Hope this helps
    yea verizon is expensive and sprint all it does is focus too much on android. You say it holds true in 2 weeks? Well how true is it that the galaxy S2 is the most powerful phone in the world? I also read it's coming to sprint.
    Although I don't recall any ads for this one yet, this is the phone the sprint types are pushing to customers in the stores right now around here (even more than the evo 3d) if looking at the high end:

Motorola's Photon 4G ships to Sprint on July 31st: $200 on contract -- Engadget

It is even in the first "slot" on Sprint's web site ahead of the 3D.

On the low end they are pushing the free LG optimus.

Interestingly, the 3D although selling well (according to the people I talk to) does not exite the staff that much. Its like they view it as just the 4g with a gimmick, they like the specs of the photon (and maybe the name) better!
    I like the Photon better too. And the XPRT.

Photon got a very positive review from Phonescoop.

Review: Motorola Photon 4G (Phone Scoop)

After spending more than four days with the Photon 4G, I am confident in recommending it as Sprint's top smartphone. It hits a home run in almost every department. The hardware is excellent, the wireless performance top-notch, the voice quality fantastic, and even the battery life is good.

If those basics aren't enough to convince you, the messaging options are nearly unlimited, the media playback tools are outstanding, and the system performance is raging fast. The evolution of Motorola's Blur user interface is now complete. It went from an annoying performance-killer on early devices to a tasteful and helpful addition to the stock Android operating system.

The only weakness that I can complain about is the so-so quality of the still images I captured.

If you like kick-**** smartphones, the Photon 4G is one of the ****-kickingest there is. It is easily the best handset available from Sprint, if not some of Sprint's competitors, too. I'd recommend it to any Sprint customer looking for a killer upgrade.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    wow look at the photon. It's sufh a good looking phone with high performance. It's making me wanna switch android. I'm just holdin up n hopin pre3 will be on sprint :'(
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345