Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I see Sprint as a defacto victim in all this.

They made a years long commitment to Palm that long precedes the Pre/Pixi and really got the short end of the stick on the Pre/Pixi, while the Pre+/Pixi+, and (finally) Pre2 went elsewhere.

I love WebOS. And, I'm in no rush to spend $200 or more for a new phone, but I am insulted by the way Palm and then HP has handled the relationship with Sprint, and, by proxy, me.

I can handle it if HP doesn't give me a 2.0 update. I wouldn't be surprised if the WebOS Internals guys create a custom doctor for us as soon as they get a hold of an American developer pack.

But, if the phones go elsewhere, I will go elsewhere. NOT to another provider, but to a different manufacturer. And, I will never buy another Palm product again, no matter how superior it may prove to be.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, let's try to hide all this terrible news and community backlash. Ignoring it will make everything all better.
    Im just saying, Dieter Bohn already made a thread for this and now these threads are getting out of hand.
    What I find interesting about the possibility that Sprint does not get the Pre3 is that most of HP's current user base really has to be on Sprint. I saw an unscientific poll that suggested that over 70% of users are on Sprint. It would be rather silly to eliminate such a "large" base of existing users especially considering that those who use a Pre (and most are on Sprint) really like the Pre and are the most likely to buy the new one and champion it.
    Quote Originally Posted by madgrizzle View Post
    What I find interesting about the possibility that Sprint does not get the Pre3 is that most of HP's current user base really has to be on Sprint. I saw an unscientific poll that suggested that over 70% of users are on Sprint. It would be rather silly to eliminate such a "large" base of existing users especially considering that those who use a Pre (and most are on Sprint) really like the Pre and are the most likely to buy the new one and champion it.
    Interesting. I had thought it was 80% of Palm WebOS adopters were on Sprint. I also figured most of them left the Pre/Pixi for greener pastures.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    Actually, the OMAP3 at 600mhz out performed the Snapdragon at 1Ghz (on certain devices), but the Hummingbird out performed the OMAP and snapdragon. I have no doubt that the Pre Minus OC'd to 1Ghz probably gives the EVO a run for it's money!
    No, my Evo way outdoes my oc'd Pre.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    It's not HP's fault if sprint does not get the phone . It's all up to Sprint to decide wether or not they get a webOS phone . Just sayin.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sorry to have to disagree with you - but it IS HP's fault if Sprint winds up not getting the Pre3. HP is one of the most successful and deep-pocketed technology companies in the world. They have the resources to sit down at the table with ANY carrier and offer them a deal to carry and sell their line of phones which, literally, could make any carrier salivate. And in fact, Sprint still has the largest number of Pre owner/users of ANY carrier. So when you get down to it, if Sprint winds up not carrying the new WebOS devices....it will be because HP didn't want to make a deal with them. With its financial resources, HP holds most of the cards in this game.

Personally, I hope HP realizes it may be in their best interests to offer a newer - and better - WebOS smartphone....to all the Sprint users who still have them.

But we'll see.

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    Agreed on the defacto victim. Imagine buying into all of the crapy palm pre hardware that you have to make good on because the build quality sux. Sprint would be foolish to entertain the thought of going through that hassle again. Being an owner of Sprint stock, I am happy that they did not go down the same path again. That being said, Palm (HP now by proxy), severely BONED the release day Pre owners. 2 years with garbage and half *** pseudo support for a Beta OS with less functionality than the 3 treos that I owned in the past. Palm/ HP "Get Fingered"
    Guys, they have a doctor in the works for 2.0 to run on older hardware. So what if its not OTA. I know that they have a doctor almost finished because I have it and used it on my pre. I cant find anything wrong with it which would indicate that its almost finished. Don't get too fussy, something is definitely on the way for the faithfuls.
    Thank you HP for giving me that last little push that I needed. I was holding on to my pre for web OS updates. But after countless times to the sprint store for repairs and then a big fat F U from HP. I just ordered my Evo Shift. it will be here within the next week or so. I just think it was dissapointing that even on the website its said for the longest time "2.0 In The Coming Months". Well most of there computers are crap unless your wanting to spend almost 2000 and upwards on one. Phones = ****. The ONLY good thing that hp MIGHT have for them are the Printers and scanners. see some of yall over on the android forums if some of you guys make it over there.
    To all of you Pre-users who rely on your phones for business use, better think twice about Android. I had a Moment -- well, for a moment -- but it drove me ballistic. I have two other Android-using friends who rely on the PDA functionality of their phones that also HATE Android. I went from a Centro to the Pixi, but had to return it because I am a heavy web user, and the Pixi browser just did not work for me. I didn't want a pre because the form factor didn't work for me. After I decided that it was OVER between me and Android, I had to think long and hard about where I would go from there. I finally had to give in to fact that a front-facing keyboard and excellent PDA functionality were paramont to me, there was nowhere else to go but blackberry until HP came out with another device. I'm not trying to sell anybody on blackberry; it worked best for me and maybe not for others.

For me, it boils down to the fact that the modern-day phones are flashy, hi-tech and full of bells and whistles. But I need a highly functional PHONE and PDA combined, with a good web browser. Android and I-Phone DO NOT meet those requirements in a user-friendly way for me.
    John 3:16
    Good luck with your 0 byte file sizes.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedicide View Post
    Good luck with your 0 byte file sizes.
    how about you actually right click on one and save it smart guy
    Last edited by H Cubed; 02/11/2011 at 08:51 AM.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Bought my Pre on launch day and still have my original phone (believe it or not) but am now wondering just what the hell to do. I really like Sprint and don't want to change if I don't have to but I don't think my Pre can last until "the coming months" with guarantee that any webOS device would be coming to Sprint.

I'm actually considering jumping to Verizon for the Pre 2 (can't believe I actually typed that after what they've done to us) just so that I can upgrade right away and can wait until after the Pre 3 goes through its growing pains before I pick one up. My path may end up being Pre > Pre 2> TouchPad> Pre 3
  14. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verno329 View Post
    Bought my Pre on launch day and still have my original phone (believe it or not) but am now wondering just what the hell to do. I really like Sprint and don't want to change if I don't have to but I don't think my Pre can last until "the coming months" with guarantee that any webOS device would be coming to Sprint.

I'm actually considering jumping to Verizon for the Pre 2 (can't believe I actually typed that after what they've done to us) just so that I can upgrade right away and can wait until after the Pre 3 goes through its growing pains before I pick one up. My path may end up being Pre > Pre 2> TouchPad> Pre 3
    I thought I really liked webOS but you are dedicated.

Launch day original Pre (no returns) user here also. I've been upgrade eligible since last year and simply can't wait and wish for a webOS device on Sprint. My only decision now is to get the Evo or wait for the next Android flagship on Sprint. Unfortunately, I think HP sealed their smartphone fate and don't see how they can dig out of this.

I would sure like voice dial......... but otherwise don't care about webOS 2.0. Sprint users don't have any other option here.

Good luck to you. BTW, there's a good chance your "something special" from Ruby will be a coupon for some free Apps. I wouldn't expect anything better than that.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I should hope its not a "coupon"! I will however take a 100 off voucher for the Pre3 on Sprint on all Palm Profiles created from 6-6-09 - 7-6-10 that are still active. Now that would be a great thank you to all early adopters who stuck it out with them.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I should hope its not a "coupon"! I will however take a 100 off voucher for the Pre3 on Sprint on all Palm Profiles created from 6-6-09 - 7-6-10 that are still active. Now that would be a great thank you to all early adopters who stuck it out with them.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Well nothings been decided on my end yet. I would love to stay with Sprint but I also have an upgrade available and no phone that I want to switch to. I took a serious look at an Evo Shift 4G but just don't want to go the Android route, so that leaves me with the options of keeping my launch day Pre in the hopes that the Pre 3 will get announced on Sprint (would be willing to wait if I KNEW it was coming to Sprint) or jumping to Verizon and settling for the Pre 2 under the assumption that that's where the Pre 3 will go. If I leave Sprint and go to Verizon and then the Pre 3 comes on Sprint I'll be ****ed. But if I stick with Sprint and the Pre 3 comes to Verizon then I'll be kicking myself for having wasted all that time for nothing. HPalm has really put me in a ****ty situation.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with customer service to cancel 1 of my 4 lines on my family plan. Representative asks "anything else? Can i upgrade you today?" and i say "no, I'm waiting to see where the pre3 and new webos phones land, and i might leave sprint. Unfortunately, it'll be for device selection" to which he replies "we have 100% internal confirmation of new webos device launch in fall, so don't leave sprint for device reasons too early." I asked him 2 or 3 times to repeat himself, and he did! He said the documents did not specify device name (i.e. pre3 vs other), just webOS (hell could be Touchpad with WiMAX for all he knew)

Now I know there have been 1 million threads on "new device on sprint", and most of you are gonnna call <<mod delete>> on this post. Just wanted to share my experience with sprint today.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/07/2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: language
    it's not HPs fault at all. SPRINT is the one rejecting the Pre 3.
    Oh my God. Really?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast