Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Verizon to announce Pre2 after Iphone....if sprint gave us the Pre2 right now there would sell more than Verizon but I guess there not interested in Money....i would have bought the Two and then upgraded to the Three this summer without a full UP.....there not smart at all
    heres a email to HP that states goes into the CEO's inbox (of course somewhere else though) I have used it the last few months and have gotten replys from it:

HP Executive Team: CEO email

I have recently sent them something in regards to the release dates being different then what the CEO stated, and the no mention of carriers (paticularlly sprint) and prices.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Well I dont know about anyone else but I am on Sprint and here is the EXACT reason why I am pretty upset...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...81/Upgrade.jpg

I would have upgraded last September but I was being a nice guy and gave my wife my upgrade because I assumed that HP/Palm would make some sort of provisions for us original Pre owners by the time I could use this upgrade.
    Guess I was wrong...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    You guys ever think why your plans are dirt cheap? You get what you pay for basically, and I'm sure AT&T and Verizon pay the most to carry the best phones because they rake in the most from their customers. It's very probable that Sprint either will not pay enough, or cannot sell enough market share to make HP's strategy work.
    Sprint may be third, but they aren't T-Mobile either. In fact, they've been posting net subscriber gains during the Great Recession. I don't know for sure that Sprint will get the Pre 3, but if they don't I wouldn't count on it being due to lack of a subscriber base.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    If Sprint gets the Pre 3, I hope it's 4G, cause now that Sprint is charging an extra $10 monthly for ALL data, I might as well get a 4G phone.
    Which most likely means Android.
    Well, look at the bright side, I'll have 4G speeds, a ton more apps (Hello Slingbox) and some good hardware.
    Yeah, really peeved about this too, since I live in an area that won't see 4G service until there is a 6 or 7G service available elsewhere! I'll have to pay the premium anyway, and I'll NEVER see the speed boost!
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acco1st View Post
    If not for the HomeBrew the Pre minus would suck. I have had many times over the last year to recommend the Pre to folks, however, I would not do so unless they were tech savvy enough to know how to patch it, hack it, homebrew it. If you take that away, the Pre would barely qualify as a smart phone. With all of the hacks, I love it. I am cautiously optimistic that someone will develop a homebrew upgrade path to 2.0... I know there will be a lot of folks that would donate.
    YOu can't be serious. The Pre Minus is still a great phone, and I haven't hacked mine. It does everything a smartphone is supposed to do, and aside from the TMC error dur to too little RAM, I have no problems at all. OK, battery isn't great either, but I'm sticking with my Minus until it dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    Yeah, really peeved about this too, since I live in an area that won't see 4G service until there is a 6 or 7G service available elsewhere! I'll have to pay the premium anyway, and I'll NEVER see the speed boost!
    The "Bieber 6G fever"
    They were talking about changing the name of Precentral, I have a suggestion, how about Crybabycentral.net...
    I'm very happy with Sprint and I love my Pre.

I want a Pre 3. If it were to come out shortly I would defintealy buy it.

Yes, Sprint has changed things negatively but it is still a great service and cost for most people.

I have more of an issue with the NO 4G service. If my area gets 4G service before the Pre 3 comes out then as bad as I want and love WebOS, I may reconsider. I care about the battery life but I spend alot of time using applications that are web based.

I am thinking about the fact we arent getting Webos 2.0 either. It could be that it didnt work well with the current phones AND/OR if they offer it would people want to change and spend money with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    1. Im happy with my launch day Pre.

2. my contract ends in June

I have a lot of options, I will wait and see.
    Yep, me too.
    Not happy at all...not really surprised, but how could anyone on Sprint using a Pre or Pixi be happy knowing on Verizon and ATT will have available options in the coming months.

Either way, I'm hoping for Downloadable Update options for 2.0 simply to add things and continue support by developers creating software specifically for 2.0+ software. Kinda feel like Android and this will certainly be a huge fragmentation for Palm.

Now when I come to Precentral, I have have to look at the latest apps being released and wonder if they are webOS 2.0 only programs. Sorli...
    With my constantly breaking hardware, Im about done myself. If I cant trust them to deliver on promises theyve made over and over, why do I trust them with my data and connectivity?

Here is the message I just left them :

On the back of your recent presentations, not so recent promises by the Palm Division, and yesterdays announcements, I felt it necessary to point out a few facts that may have been overlooked.

First of all, the comment made recently about products being released within weeks of announcement has already been proven false at the very first opportunity presented to it. Especially for a newly installed CEO, this does not instill the level of trust I would like to have from a company on whose products I rely on in my day to day work.

Furthermore, the news of none of the current hardware models receiving the new WebOS software updates represents multiple statements and promises to consumers from both Palm and HP being broken. Not only does it mean Adobe Flash support will not hit those devices, which was promised well before the announcement of even the Pre2 device, it also prevents the entire current installed base from getting promised features for their current devices such as Hybrid App support, the Enyo Framework, and the Stacks UI implementation to name a few.

This coupled with the limited availability of the Pre2 hardware, and the long delay before an upgrade path will be available to most users will inevitably push numerous users to other platforms. This upsets me, not only as a user of your devices, but as a developer as well. Having an investment in the platform and watching it go down a path that will require all developers to invest a significant amount of resources into revising current plans, as well as now maintaining separate software versions if they would like to support legacy devices is just not practical given the current returns that one can expect given the size of the installed base.

Even if just for the sake of keeping the promises that have been made to the users who have held on this long, I hope to see some changes on the recent decisions. I, for one, will not wait on the platform until summer. Being a Sprint based user, and having been left in the cold numerous times already, I find it hard to muster the confidence that the new devices will arrive on time, and with the features promised.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    <<quoted language deleted>>

anon. ftp disabled.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    You gotta be kidding me! Seriously?
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    hmm that got stuffed pretty quickly! lol
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I may have but I can neither confirm nor deny! lol
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I may have but I can neither confirm nor deny! lol
    No need to be nice anymore.. we were 'lied' to.. multiple times. And to think.. we were the last consumers who still held belief in the product.

shatted on, is more accurate.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Absolutely true! I might just go out and buy a gently used Sprint Pre on ebay just to get by until this Summer. My current one is literally on its last leg...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    When HP acquired Palm, I anticipated that Palm would finally learn how to start marketing their products effectively with HP's size and experience at their disposal. But instead, things seem to have gone backwards, with HP learning how to **** everything up just like Palm has been so good at doing for so long.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast