Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    HP didn't throw their commitments behind any carrier, nor did they technically announce that any of these devices will be only on specific carriers. Let's let the dust settle and work on figure out where these devices are going and when!
    Well they did say the Veer would be GSM only.

So no Veer for Sprint or Verizon!
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    HP sees more money to be made on Verizon and AT&T, so I guess I will be heading over there after 14+ years with Sprint.
    My 2 cents is that Sprint WILL get the Pre3 or something they haven't announced yet. I just hope that they will tip there hand so Sprint users won't think they are being given a raw deal.

I'm a vzw guy and the Pre2 would be fine for me until the Pre3 is available.

I know Palm will make an offer soon...
    IT's NOT SPRINTS FAULT!!!! Palm gave us bad phones and Sprint took it on the chin...hard. If people want to get into sprints graces......complain to HP. Get on HP to make it right for us 1st gens!! I'm with Sprint and on same Pre since launch. I could tell the build was bad from jump but loved the OS so I've babied my phone. But backto Sprint hating us....they don't. They dislike HP/Palm more because they put them in a position that probably caused them customers......that would **** me off...no doubt!! Sooooooo start a blog on HP's website or here and get on them for giving us crappy 1st gen phones. Hopefully HP can see they used us Sprint Webos users as test rats and make it up to us by giving us a real bite @ the cheese!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    My 2 cents is that Sprint WILL get the Pre3 or something they haven't announced yet. I just hope that they will tip there hand so Sprint users won't think they are being given a raw deal.

I'm a vzw guy and the Pre2 would be fine for me until the Pre3 is available.

I know Palm will make an offer soon...
    I think it's waaaaaaaay too late for that.

Palm broke a number of major promises about the original Pre.

Then we didn't get the Pre plus, even though most all of us could have gotten one with our annual upgrade.

Then HP brought hope by buying out Palm, and they turned around and broke all of their new promises for Sprint subscribers.

The 9th was their last realistic chance to make good with us, and they failed miserably. All anybody got was more of the same old "coming months" garbage, except they changed the phrase from "coming months" to "this summer."

All they have left for us is a bunch of vague garbage about "upgrade paths" and trying to make some sort of unknown arrangement with Sprint. Their 'arrangement' for an 'upgrade path' better happen PDQ, and it better be something amazing. At this point, it's not about feeling like we got a raw deal, it's about finding a bandaide and praying it's big enough to cover the bullet holes.

Frankly, not only am I so angry with HP that I'm about ready to abandon their products for good, but I'm disappointed in PreCentral. All the news from today, and there's one article about HP giving us a "raw deal." The front page should be filled from top to bottom about the massive disappointment foisted on us all by HP. They only made two concrete promises for today. OTA updates for legacy devices, and no more 'coming months' garbage. Two promises. That's it. Everything else was leaks and/or speculation. They failed entirely to live up to either of them. Shame on HP for being so dishonest, and shame on anyone who reported on today's events without mercilessly raking HP over the coals for their dishonesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    No, Im pretty sure Sprint AND HP hates us.
    Sprint just hates losing money. And HP, well, HP don't think cares. They make money on other stuff. And Sprint users are too few to matter big picture. They'll still ship more printers in two weeks then they'd ship phones in two months.
    Frankly, not only am I so angry with HP that I'm about ready to abandon their products for good, but I'm disappointed in PreCentral. All the news from today, and there's one article about HP giving us a "raw deal."
    Wow, that's really harsh! As busy as they have been reporting the news, you want to throw this out there?

A nice op-ed piece takes some time and some thought, of which they have had neither. Apparently, you should have taken some time to think before making this post.
    They only made two concrete promises for today. OTA updates for legacy devices, and no more 'coming months' garbage. Two promises. That's it. Everything else was leaks and/or speculation. They failed entirely to live up to either of them. Shame on HP for being so dishonest, and shame on anyone who reported on today's events without mercilessly raking HP over the coals for their dishonesty.
    Agreed.

The latter was Apotheker...but I agree this is a big let-down. There are so many ways he could have skirted that issue...could have ignored it altogether and folks would not have been nearly as peeved as they are right now.
    Honestly guys, Sprint took the Palm pre on. A phone that was brand new with its OS and an unlikely form factor. They did there part to sell it and later on the Pixi as well. Fastforward to now. They have mainly Android a few blackberrys and several dumbphones. I am positive and without a doubt that Sprint would like to carry Palm phones asap. They definitely got the short end of the deal after they were the ones who started it.
    I get the impression from Sprint that they only want 4G phones. If the Pre2 had been 4G, it might have had a chance. Same with the Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I get the impression from Sprint that they only want 4G phones. If the Pre2 had been 4G, it might have had a chance. Same with the Pre3.
    The new Echo they announced is 3g right?? Most of the time I'm connected to a wifi so I honestly could careless either way.. The pre 3 seems like a great phone to me.
    If its a world phone does there have to be something in it that specifically is carrier specific? I know pres are, but since they made it cdma and hspa+ why not just make it to where you buy the phone for any carrier and get whatever subsidy is for that carrier, or just the phone off contract.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12