1.    #1  
    So my original PPP was awesome until it started turning off when I closed the slider. I just received my third refurb and the thing is junk. The screen oreos and is all loose and rocks. So here I am with warranty... insurance... and using a 5 year old backup phone without data. What do I do?

I would sure appreciate it if someone from Verizon would make the situation better.
  2. FDP
    I'd have to agree. I actually love Verizon, they have a generous policy for handling replacements and awesome support, but the quality of said replacements leaves something to be desired. On my 4th refurb in 1 1/4 years (not pre/pixi, HTC TP2). I've had two refurbs come that didn't function at all (one with a broken mic, of all things, and another with a bad EIN). It costs us users time/frustration and Verizon money, but at least the refurbs keep coming.

My suggestion would be to talk to a Verizon support rep, explain that you have a hardware problem involving the screen being unusably loose. If you are nice to their support and express that you really can't use the phone I would bet that they'd be willing to help you. They genuinely don't seem to like leaving customers with physically broken phones and in my experience will go to great lengths to keep you happy in that sense. Software is a completely different issue - if you're phone is constantly freezing/barely functional you'll end up having to live with it...
  3.    #3  
    I got another refurb and it's a much more solid phone. So far, i'm happy with it... just not happy about how long it took to resolve the issue.
  4. FDP
    I thought of one thing worth mentioning, if your Pre goes off warranty (usually after 1 year) think about getting the extended warranty. It seems like a much better deal then phone insurance. It won't cover spills, drops and that kind of stuff but for $2.99/mo it is pretty cheap and has completely saved my a** (really, that needs to be censored?) on multiple occasions. In fact I just ended up getting another refurb last night (goodbye TP2 #5!) after perhaps 15 minutes on the phone with them.

Verizon support practically makes the company. I'm pretty unhappy about their recent plan changes, but their support reps are still absolutely the best. I can't believe how reasonable they have been and how hard they try to keep me happy. They actually listen, which is far removed from my experience on T-Mobile and before that Cingular (pre-AT&T days).
    Quote Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
    So my original PPP was awesome until it started turning off when I closed the slider. I just received my third refurb and the thing is junk. The screen oreos and is all loose and rocks. So here I am with warranty... insurance... and using a 5 year old backup phone without data. What do I do?

I would sure appreciate it if someone from Verizon would make the situation better.
    Hey dude i just saw this. I own a verizon store. PM me ill take care of you. Ill try to get Verizon to give you the new Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Hey dude i just saw this. I own a verizon store. PM me ill take care of you. Ill try to get Verizon to give you the new Pre 2.
    Really? Can I get one, too? The headphone jack sensor on my Verizon Pre Plus is borked. Even after thoroughly cleaning it out, it always thinks there's headphones plugged in. So, no sound and no mic for me. Calls are only on speaker or with a headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    Really? Can I get one, too? The headphone jack sensor on my Verizon Pre Plus is borked. Even after thoroughly cleaning it out, it always thinks there's headphones plugged in. So, no sound and no mic for me. Calls are only on speaker or with a headset.
    It's no Pre2, but you should try "The Ghastly Headset" app. It forces the sound through the correct places. Not ideal, but it works mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    pm me your cell # ill give you a call on tuesday when im at my store and ill see what i can do for you.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    you should try "The Ghastly Headset" app
    Yay! I can have private conversations again! Works perfectly.