1.    #1  
    What if ....

When sprint announced their event they planned to announce a HP device + this fail + the mystery htc device..

But than HP said no announcing , and htc said the same as htc will annoujnce at MWC..

So all sprint was left with, was the fail device??

Thoughts?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Still the best service with the best pricing and the best terms of service. I'm not of the "gimme a new phone now or I will throw a tantrum and leave" ilk, so I'm not going anywhere.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Sorry, too busy throwing things around the office to respond.

Hard to say. No-one really knows what goes on in the collective mind of Sprint.
    Dan
    Sprint can be my "drunken uncle" anytime. Awesome signal,cheapest data plans. I like Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    That supposes that one of the largest telecommunications companies in the country announced an event to launch a device, asked David Blaine to do a stunt, and forgot to ask permission from the manufacturer.
    What optimism you have.

But leaving humor aside, I think more likely Sprint perceived they needed a big NY event to compete with Verizon and cut through the iphone noise.

They may have tried to get other phones like the iphone or others and failed. Also HP may have said they wanted to announce the Sprint device at HP headquarters amidst a larger picture of HP ecosystem(unlike Verizon getting to announce the iphone in the heart of NYC). Sprint may show up at HP HQ tomorrow, they still may have also wanted their own announcement.
    Just speculation...
    That supposes that one of the largest telecommunications companies in the country announced an event to launch a device, asked David Blaine to do a stunt, and forgot to ask permission from the manufacturer.
    So.........what's your point?
    I highly doubt that event was ever meant to spotlight any other devices than the Echo. Only the Echo would be "an industry first", and the Blaine/Magic theme was clearly centered on the Echo form factor.

Hey, ultimately.....it worked. A lot of potential and existing customers disappeared without a trace. I hope to God Sprint has one hell of a "prestige" to redeem this "turn".
    Almost as crazy a notion as one of the largest telecommunications companies in the country announcing an event for one specific "industry changing" device without seeing if there was really a market for it.

Almost
    It's possible, but I think this IS a good announcement/phone. The Echo -- although no EPIC 4G -- is a very powerful device. I mean, the EVO 4G is powerful, isn't? It's EVO minus HTC Sense plus two screens minus 4G.

Of course, not being 4G makes me scratch my head. But nonetheless, I'll probably get the Echo if HP doesn't come through tomorrow.