Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So last night (for me) was a fail of an over hyped event for sprint. I for one would never buy that brand of phone much less a dual screen phone. So I have one more day to see what HP is going to launch. With hope that it will be on the Sprint network.

If you are in the same boat as I am, you have a Pre- in your pocket that is 90% dead and have been waiting for the next big thing on the Sprint network.

What are you going to do if you are on Sprint and all they launch is a Pre2? Or if the next webos device has specs less then that of say the EVO. Are you sticking around or getting in line for a Verizon device, be it iPhone or Thunderbolt or the Webos device that Sprint should have had.

For me I am going to have to jump ship to Verizon even though I love my plan and dont want to pay more. I will have no choice but to pay more to get more or better. I hope there is a good out come tomorrow.

Code:
    This would be what I am looking for them to launch:
    4.3" screen
    1ghz + processor (45nm)
    1 gig ram (768 would be ok)
    8 gig internal memory (4-6 would be ok)
    32 gig mini sd
    Beats by Dre audio
    Webos 
    4g
    I'll switch to Simple Mobile and get an unlocked GSM device, which will be a very sad day since I like Sprint and have been a customer for 10 years. I love webOS more than I like Sprint.
    HP is going to have a dud of an announcement. It's just not going to happen.

Also, I don't think you're going to get those specs you're looking for. Some of them, but definitely not all of them.

They're going to have some sweet products that I'm going to buy regardless, there's not way they aren't going to compete/outdo what's out on the market now.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCision View Post
    So last night (for me) was a fail of an over hyped event for sprint. I for one would never buy that brand of phone much less a dual screen phone. So I have one more day to see what HP is going to launch. With hope that it will be on the Sprint network.

If you are in the same boat as I am, you have a Pre- in your pocket that is 90% dead and have been waiting for the next big thing on the Sprint network.

What are you going to do if you are on Sprint and all they launch is a Pre2? Or if the next webos device has specs less then that of say the EVO. Are you sticking around or getting in line for a Verizon device, be it iPhone or Thunderbolt or the Webos device that Sprint should have had.

For me I am going to have to jump ship to Verizon even though I love my plan and dont want to pay more. I will have no choice but to pay more to get more or better. I hope there is a good out come tomorrow.

Code:
    4.3" screen
    1ghz + processor (45nm)
    32 gig mini sd
    Beats by Dre audio
    Webos 
    4g
    I am in the same boat as you. I think I have already decided that my days with Sprint are numbered. For my usage I only save about $5 a month compared to Verizon. On the other hand I would get much better reception, especially at work. None of my coworkers who have Verzion have complained about reception and I am constantly roaming while in my office. Now add to that the lack of quality devices on Sprint either Android, WP7, webOS, or iOS and the decision to stay with them is really very hard.
    I haven't decided what I'll do. While I have a Pre-, it actually functions very well. I do have a small crack from the charging port, but it's still about 4mm from my screen. As such, I have the luxury of waiting a while longer.

It pretty much boils down to how much I love WebOS vs my loyalty to Sprint.

I've been a Sprint customer for 13+ years, and I'd hate to leave since I enjoy their cheaper plans, but at the same time, Sprint's made some really poor choices as of late. Sadly, I don't see them changing any time soon.

On the other hand, WebOS is THE best mobile OS out there, and I don't think I can let it go. :/

I'll see what happens tomorrow, and if us Sprint Pre- users are let down....again....I'll begin the process of deliberating: WebOS or Sprint?

Karla
    I'm just hoping they actually DO announce which carriers will be getting what. I can't stand it when we get to see a new device with no real timeline or clarity on who will get what and when.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I am in the same boat as you. I think I have already decided that my days with Sprint are numbered. For my usage I only save about $5 a month compared to Verizon. On the other hand I would get much better reception, especially at work. None of my coworkers who have Verzion have complained about reception and I am constantly roaming while in my office. Now add to that the lack of quality devices on Sprint either Android, WP7, webOS, or iOS and the decision to stay with them is really very hard.
    Glad to see my boat is filling up. I am sure that our boat will be full in less then 48 hours.

For my plan with sprint is $60 x2 = $120 (thats with 25% discount)

Verizon is $130 - 23% = $100 $30 - 23% = $23 + 30 = 53 + 100 = $153 per month

So it will cost me $33 more to go to Verizon. But if I had an evo or a 4g phone it would be only $23. In the end it would be $552 after 2 years.

On Verizon you cant be on the phone and the net at the same time. That is not good. If you get the Thunder Bolt you can do that, at what cost though? I bet more $$ per month for that phone.

Do you know if you are on the net with Verizon and you get a call will the voice over ride the data?
    Really? You can't use the phone and the net at the same time on Verizon? Man, I was doing some serious multitasking on my Pre the other day, so I wouldn't use WebOS on Verizon if that's limited.

I was chatting with my dad, who invited me to an event. I was able to put my dad on speaker, pull up the web to check some dates on a website, and then update my calendar. If that type of functionality is non-existent on WebOS because of the carrier, I'll stick with Sprint and hope for the best. At least I'll have my Pre-!
    On Verizon you cant be on the phone and the net at the same time. That is not good. If you get the Thunder Bolt you can do that, at what cost though? I bet more $$ per month for that phone.

Do you know if you are on the net with Verizon and you get a call will the voice over ride the data?
    Is this really a big deal? I have yet to run across a single instance where I would have needed simultaneous voice and data.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Is this really a big deal? I have yet to run across a single instance where I would have needed simultaneous voice and data.
    I use it all of the time!
    sigh
    I don't know why people here thought there would be a webOS phone at that sprint event. lol I could of told you there wasn't, however I do hope that sprint gets some new webOS hardware. I think we'll see the pad as well as a phone perhaps creep on to the sprint network. We'll just have to wait and see though.
    I guess I should clarify I have WiFi on. Oops.

Karla
    The voice/data is a limitation of the CDMA technology and not the phone or carrier per se.

@soccerbud did you happen to be on wifi ( edit: looks like we were typing at the same time) when your dad called because the same limitation applies to Sprint as well.

I am hoping that whatever Hp announces tomorrow will include a 4g flavor. That should fix the problem for those of us that like the CDMA carriers (ATT stinks in my neck of the woods).
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerbudd View Post
    Really? You can't use the phone and the net at the same time on Verizon? Man, I was doing some serious multitasking on my Pre the other day, so I wouldn't use WebOS on Verizon if that's limited.

I was chatting with my dad, who invited me to an event. I was able to put my dad on speaker, pull up the web to check some dates on a website, and then update my calendar. If that type of functionality is non-existent on WebOS because of the carrier, I'll stick with Sprint and hope for the best. At least I'll have my Pre-!
    verizon is the same as sprint, try doing what you said above with wifi turned off.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    I don't know why people here thought there would be a webOS phone at that sprint event. lol I could of told you there wasn't, however I do hope that sprint gets some new webOS hardware. I think we'll see the pad as well as a phone perhaps creep on to the sprint network. We'll just have to wait and see though.
    I think most of us had some sort of pipe dream going. My hope was that they'd say "we have the next big webOS phone" and basically help hype tomorrow's announcement. As soon as I heard the term "industry first" though, I came back to reality and then crashed even harder after the actual announcement.

Code:
    4.3" screen
    1ghz + processor (45nm)
    32 gig mini sd
    Beats by Dre audio
    Webos 
    4g
    I have a Pre+ on Sprint running at 100% so I'm not worried about it committing Seppuku.

I think Id be happy with:
    3.5 screen
    compass/gyroscope
    autofocus camera
    4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Oversteer325 View Post
    I'll switch to Simple Mobile and get an unlocked GSM device, which will be a very sad day since I like Sprint and have been a customer for 10 years. I love webOS more than I like Sprint.
    If sprint only releases the pre 2 I will go with that before I go to verizon . Unless sprint does not get a new webOS phone at all
    p.s. I'm also a 10 year vet with sprint.
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Same boad as you. I'm probably going to switch to android. Despite what HP has to offer, there is still a real lack of apps that I need and want. I'm tired of waiting. Even if the new APIs go public tomorrow, it'll be a wile before the apps show up.. If they do at all. I'm tired of all the unrealized potential. Where is flash, where are productivity apps and the list contines. So no matter what HP announces (short of having 100k apps to choose from) I'm done with palm. So I don't want an Epic because of Samsung's inability to provide timely updates. That leaaves HTC. The evo is due for a replacement soon. I have 10 months left on my sprint family plan. If the Evo 2 ships within that window, I'll get that. If not, I'm going to switch to verizon and get the best android phone available and my wife an iphone.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    i never expected a webos @ a sprint event. Just something better then an Echo.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast