Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    http://newsroom.sprint.com/images/90...Comparison.pdf

    I have noticed something a little strange about the new comparison chart that sprint has put out, which compares sprint to other carriers after the addition of the new $10 premium data charge on all smartphones.

    If you look at the chart, under sprint it keeps stating "while on the sprint network" and under the other carriers it doesn't. Now I know that when sprint added Anymobile/Anytime to their EverythingData packages they made it clear that calls to all cellular phones in the U.S would be free and not count towards minutes as long as they are on the "Sprint Network"...however I have never seen it so displayed so prominently, and have never seen it displayed for specifically for texting and data.

    Could there be a plan change in the works, or a new service sprint is offering (feb7th) that would make them be so upfront about this, and not include it under other carriers offerings?

    on a side note, the top chart is a little misleading, because it compares sprint's 450 anymobile everything data plan to other carriers "real" unlimited calling, with data and texting add ons.
    in reality it should be $99.99 for simply everything +$10= for a total of 109.99; where it is only $10 cheaper than Verizon's comparable plan.
  2. #2  
    I don't think comparing sprints 450 anymobile to a true unlimited plan is that misleading because most mobile users won't spend over 450 minute a month talking people on landlines.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I don't think comparing sprints 450 anymobile to a true unlimited plan is that misleading because most mobile users won't spend over 450 minute a month talking people on landlines.
    The Best Part about a Smartphone Is Never Having to Call Anyone
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I don't think comparing sprints 450 anymobile to a true unlimited plan is that misleading because most mobile users won't spend over 450 minute a month talking people on landlines.
    But at the same time, you can get cheaper plans from ATT and Vzn that don't have unlimited minutes and are mor ein line with Sprints 450min plan.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    But at the same time, you can get cheaper plans from ATT and Vzn that don't have unlimited minutes and are mor ein line with Sprints 450min plan.
    Yeah, the bottom chart shows that, and Verizon's is only $10 more/per month than sprint. now given you don't get any mobile anytime, but you still get mobile 2 mobile on Verizon which includes about 80 million.

    in the top chart they should compare real unlimited to real unlimited......that would be good especially for people who run their business on there cellular phones or are in sales and have to call a lot of landlines.

    I am stilled puzzled by the abundance of the "while on sprint network" displayed so prominently, just for sprint and no one else.
  6. #6  
    I think the reason for the wordy description (and this is just conjecture) as more to do with them getting more specific with their roaming arrangements. As in, in most cases you don't get free roaming on ATT/VZW like you do with Sprint, and not wanting people to use large amounts of data while roaming on VZW's data network.

    They want to have an out so people don't abuse it. No different than before, really; but I think all the carriers are standardizing what they deem as "overuse" compared to the case by case BS they were doing before.... Either way, at least Sprint users aren't stuck paying $25 for two lousy gigs (coughATTcough) or dealing with T-Mo's absurdly small data cap.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I don't think comparing sprints 450 anymobile to a true unlimited plan is that misleading because most mobile users won't spend over 450 minute a month talking people on landlines.
    Agree with this point. I don't come even remotely close to 450 in a month. Most of my calls are to cell phones (on any network which are free). Don't know any of my friends that have personal landlines anymore (not work related).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by slightlyevolved View Post
    I think the reason for the wordy description (and this is just conjecture) as more to do with them getting more specific with their roaming arrangements. As in, in most cases you don't get free roaming on ATT/VZW like you do with Sprint, and not wanting people to use large amounts of data while roaming on VZW's data network.

    They want to have an out so people don't abuse it. No different than before, really; but I think all the carriers are standardizing what they deem as "overuse" compared to the case by case BS they were doing before.... Either way, at least Sprint users aren't stuck paying $25 for two lousy gigs (coughATTcough) or dealing with T-Mo's absurdly small data cap.
    ATT/Verizon users do get free roaming, just like sprint users do....sprint has always put in fine print, that you can use phone/data/texing while roaming, you just can't use it alot...(what alot means, who knows), and so have the other carriers. But the way this looks is like they are going to charge you for calls/data/texting while roaming, or not allow it at all. whereas all the other carriers allow unlimited calls/data/texting while roaming, even though that is not the case.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Agree with this point. I don't come even remotely close to 450 in a month. Most of my calls are to cell phones (on any network which are free). Don't know any of my friends that have personal landlines anymore (not work related).
    You can come close to 450 a month if you own a Google Voice number and use it with any regularity...just a precaution.
  10. #10  
    I might be wrong, but I think this is the reason they put "Unlimited while on the Sprint network":

    Voice/Data Usage Limitation: Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to limit throughput speeds, and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 minutes or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. Prohibited network use rules apply. See sprint.com/termsandconditions for details.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I might be wrong, but I think this is the reason they put "Unlimited while on the Sprint network":
    Makes sense. They have to pay for your "free" roaming, so if you roam too much they can yank the cord. And frankly, if you ever come close to hitting those limits (800 minutes/300MB) then you are pretty much an abuser.
  12. #12  
    It is a little unfair to compare a 450 minute plan to an unlimited plan, but at the same time they aren't pointing out that Sprint doesn't charge extra for Sprint TV, Navigation, Visual Voicemail, and Corporate Email while the others do charge extra for some of these services.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    Makes sense. They have to pay for your "free" roaming, so if you roam too much they can yank the cord. And frankly, if you ever come close to hitting those limits (800 minutes/300MB) then you are pretty much an abuser.
    You would not believe how much just one of those abusers can cost Sprint in a given month either! (well, maybe you would )
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oversteer325 View Post
    It is a little unfair to compare a 450 minute plan to an unlimited plan, but at the same time they aren't pointing out that Sprint doesn't charge extra for Sprint TV, Navigation, Visual Voicemail, and Corporate Email while the others do charge extra for some of these services.
    On the otherhand sometimes people will add $10 for navigation + $10 VCAST TV; while quoting a verizon plan making it look so much more expensive, whereas someone might not want or use those services.....I wonder how many sprint users that use sprint tv and navigation would actually still use it if it costs extra.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I might be wrong, but I think this is the reason they put "Unlimited while on the Sprint network":
    Sprint has had this policy all along when it comes to roaming. Why do they chose to display it so prominently recently. And to include texting as well???

    All the other carriers have similar policies when it comes to roaming too, so they should put "while on the verizon network", "while on ATT network" on the comparison chart.

    It almost does a dis-service to Sprint, because an uninformed consumer would look at that and think that sprint doesn't allow these services while roaming while all the other carriers do. (unless they want to consumers to think they have unlimited roaming on other carriers, in effect to cost other carriers money)

    I do remember reading a story about how sprint is getting killed with roaming charges...(probably a sign to build a better network); It just seems odd, because that comparison chart makes the value of sprint seem less, because their services are only available while on "sprint network" where others are just purely unlimited no matter what network.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    But at the same time, you can get cheaper plans from ATT and Vzn that don't have unlimited minutes and are mor ein line with Sprints 450min plan.
    i disagree because Free Anymobile Anytime is much more like Unlimited than mobile to mobile is. Not to mention the various other perks that come with the plan the Verizon and ATT charge extra for, like Navigation.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    On the otherhand sometimes people will add $10 for navigation + $10 VCAST TV; while quoting a verizon plan making it look so much more expensive, whereas someone might not want or use those services.....I wonder how many sprint users that use sprint tv and navigation would actually still use it if it costs extra.
    That's a great point. I use Navigation and Sprint TV for ESPN but now that you put it that way, I'm not sure I use $10 worth of Sprint TV. I'd probably remove it from my plan if I could.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i disagree because Free Anymobile Anytime is much more like Unlimited than mobile to mobile is. Not to mention the various other perks that come with the plan the Verizon and ATT charge extra for, like Navigation.
    Some people don't use navigation or have it in their cars which is alot better than in a phone...and it all depends on the user... if you call a lot of cellular phones in the day time then yes maybe sprint is the better choice...but if you are gonna use around 450 minutes in the daytime regardless it doesn't make a difference.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    On the otherhand sometimes people will add $10 for navigation + $10 VCAST TV; while quoting a verizon plan making it look so much more expensive, whereas someone might not want or use those services.....I wonder how many sprint users that use sprint tv and navigation would actually still use it if it costs extra.
    Initially I agreed with this (stated as much in another thread). However, now I'm not so sure. If I'm comparing two services and Service A gives me more for less, I think that's a plus for Service A.

    The point is, if Sprint gives me nav and tv for free while still managing to price their plan LESS than Verizon's plan WITHOUT nav and tv, then the Sprint plan is definitely the better value in my book. It doesn't really matter if I use nav and tv because it's free. On the other hand, if the Sprint plan cost MORE than Verizon and the only way I can try to justify it is by increasing the cost of the Verizon play by adding nav and tv, it would be a different story.

    On the one hand, I'm getting something I might use for free (so I'll probably use it, even if not to it's full potential). On the other, I'm trying to force a decision by artificially increasing the cost of one plan by adding features I don't really want to pay for and don't really plan to use.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Initially I agreed with this (stated as much in another thread). However, now I'm not so sure. If I'm comparing two services and Service A gives me more for less, I think that's a plus for Service A.

    The point is, if Sprint gives me nav and tv for free while still managing to price their plan LESS than Verizon's plan WITHOUT nav and tv, then the Sprint plan is definitely the better value in my book. It doesn't really matter if I use nav and tv because it's free. On the other hand, if the Sprint plan cost MORE than Verizon and the only way I can try to justify it is by increasing the cost of the Verizon play by adding nav and tv, it would be a different story.

    On the one hand, I'm getting something I might use for free (so I'll probably use it, even if not to it's full potential). On the other, I'm trying to force a decision by artificially increasing the cost of one plan by adding features I don't really want to pay for and don't really plan to use.
    But if you don't use navigation or tv what is the point...yes it is a better deal, but in my comment that you quoted, I was talking about people that would add $20 to the price of verizon's plans for nav and tv regardless, even though that wouldn't apply to everyone.

    I agree it is a selling point for sprint, but then on the other hand if one prefers to go to verizon for better phone selection or better network, the difference is only $10; obviously if you use tv and nav then that difference jumps to $30.

    btw...sprint tv really stinks, i have heard that verizons vcast blows it out of the water, i tried sprint tv actually and anything worthwhile to watch costs extra per month.

    yes overall it is a better value whether you use it or not, however for some saving $10 a month and getting two services that are useless to them, may not be worthwhile enough to use a inferior network (compared to verizon)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions