Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That giant wheezing sound you just heard was this sidestep that Sprint just did.......

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    It makes no sense to ramp up to the $89 plan just to get the upgrade. Let's say the new ED plan is $79 ($69 plus the new $10 charge). That's an extra $10 a month you're paying for gold status and this yearly upgrade, totaling $120 over 12 months. The silver premiere plan still gives you $75 at 12 months. Pay the extra $75 instead of $120 to upgrade at the one year mark.
    No you got it wrong. If you go to 79.99 your still silver you have to get the 99.99 plan to be gold. Further more the gold upgrade is $150 not $120. At as I read it, it stated that your bill has to have a 3 month average of 89.99. So technically if I go to the 99.99 plan for 2 months an spend 40 extra dollars I will have a 3 month average of 93.33 and will qualify as a gold member and get 75 more dollars (35 after subtracting the extra 40 I paid for the bigger plan) towards my new phone. Sounds like a good plan ehh?
    I can see these requirements for new customers, but why do this to existing?? This is like Verizon and AT&T now.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    How does one know if one is a premium customer?
    Quote Originally Posted by gonk24 View Post
    To be Sprint Premier Gold, customers must have at least 6 months tenure and meet the following qualifications:
    Individual plans with a 3 month average MRC of at least $89.99 or
    Shared plans with a 3 month average MRC of at least $169.99 or
    Tenure of 10+ years with Sprint Wireless
    Good standing
    Not quite. It's your monthly base plan has to be 89.99 or more for individual, 169.99 for shared OR a 10 year customer.

And BTW, those $10 fee for smartphones, the extra you pay for additional shared lines, etc. does NOT count into the base plan.

You can see the details here: Sprint Premier Gold and Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    what I don't understand is why they put the threshold at 69.99 and 89.99. After they add the $10 fee to all data plans there will only be a 79.99, a 99.99 and an unlimited plan.

Also how long do you have to be on a plan to become a premium member. I don't mind calling in and ramping my plan up to 89.99 (99.99) for 2 months if I will get my every upgrade back .
    You have to have that for 3 months. And that $10 monthly fee does not count towards the status -- it is base plan only!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Did some reading on Sprint's site and found the FAQ for the new Premier program. Turns out after all that if you do have an upgrade ready now (had your phone 12-21 months), you must use it by March 31 or it will push back to the 22 month date. That's horrible. If a new HP Palm device isn't here by then I may jump to an Evo. Otherwise I can't upgrade till August and I can't wait that long. What really ticks me off is that I did a chat with Sprint last week and they told me the it wouldn't be lost.

http://premier.sprint.com/premierupdate/faq.html

Effective 4/1/11:

* Sprint Premier Gold accounts will continue to receive the annual upgrade benefit based on maintaining a 3-month average of $89.99* for individual plans or $169.99 for shared plans, or for 10+ years service. Gold accounts will receive one annual upgrade per qualifying plan.
    * Sprint Premier Silver accounts:
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 22 months from the last upgrade, there is no impact. The line would continue to be eligible for an upgrade under Sprint's New For You upgrade program, which allows eligible customers to upgrade every 22 months.
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 12-21 months from the last upgrade, the upgrade must be used by March, 31, 2011. Otherwise, effective April 1, 2011, the upgrade eligibility on that line will be changed to 22 months.
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is less than 12 months from the last upgrade, their upgrade eligibility will be changed to 22 months.
    o To check your upgrade eligibility go to Sprint - Upgrades.
    Last edited by gonk24; 01/24/2011 at 08:45 PM.
  8.    #28  
    If a new HP Palm device isn't here by then I may jump to an Evo.
    [/B]
    same here...either an Evo Shift or an Epic...or maybe if they have a new offering in March.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Sprint premier was a joke, just about anyone and everyone was or could be a premier customer. Being with sprint for over 13 years and having 5 lines meant very little. Atleast now it will mean something.

Evo-lution
    being an over 10 year customer i agree !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Sorry to hear that, gonk24. That sucks! You could always keep the Evo new in the box then sell it. Put that money towards a new webOS phone...
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Sorry to hear that, gonk24. That sucks! You could always keep the Evo new in the box then sell it. Put that money towards a new webOS phone...
    Well well, turns out that my contract was up 6/17/10 (not sure how since I got my pre 10/09) so I can upgrade whenever I want. Sweeeeeeeet!!
    Well well, turns out that my contract was up 6/17/10 (not sure how since I got my pre 10/09) so I can upgrade whenever I want. Sweeeeeeeet!!
    Yeah, I've learned never to trust Sprint when it comes to when you think your upgrade should be. Three times since the Premier program debutted they have changed the "primary" line from my line to either my daughter's line or my wife's life. The biggest problem was that they moved my upgrade date to the 22 month variety instead of the 12 month variety.

After much interrogation they still claimed that my line was listed as the primary line, but they couldn't explain why my upgrade date was 22 months from when I got my Pre.... And my daughter who had her phone for 16 months was showing as eligible for an upgrade.

So, went and got my daughter an Epic with her upgrade and they moved my upgrade date back to the proper date...

Ugh...
    Did some reading on Sprint's site and found the FAQ for the new Premier program. Turns out after all that if you do have an upgrade ready now (had your phone 12-21 months), you must use it by March 31 or it will push back to the 22 month date. That's horrible. If a new HP Palm device isn't here by then I may jump to an Evo. Otherwise I can't upgrade till August and I can't wait that long. What really ticks me off is that I did a chat with Sprint last week and they told me the it wouldn't be lost.

Sprint Premier Gold and Silver | FAQ

Effective 4/1/11:

* Sprint Premier Gold accounts will continue to receive the annual upgrade benefit based on maintaining a 3-month average of $89.99* for individual plans or $169.99 for shared plans, or for 10+ years service. Gold accounts will receive one annual upgrade per qualifying plan.
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 22 months from the last upgrade, there is no impact. The line would continue to be eligible for an upgrade under Sprint's New For You upgrade program, which allows eligible customers to upgrade every 22 months.
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 12-21 months from the last upgrade, the upgrade must be used by March, 31, 2011. Otherwise, effective April 1, 2011, the upgrade eligibility on that line will be changed to 22 months.
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is less than 12 months from the last upgrade, their upgrade eligibility will be changed to 22 months.
    I just checked my wife's eligibility . . . says she is eligible 4/1/2011! So she misses the mark by one day!!!

Also, does anyone know if the 10 year deal requires 10 consecutive years? My wife was a Sprint customer for (I believe) 10 years, then she left to Verizon for two years, now she is back with Sprint.

Finally, I guess this means I should keep my Evo. I have until the end of the week to return it. I mean, what are the chances of Sprint launching a webOS phone before March 31st??
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    I just checked my wife's eligibility . . . says she is eligible 4/1/2011! So she misses the mark by one day!!!
    Seems like you might be able to convince someone to let you cheat by a day...worth a call to Sprint at the very least.

Also, does anyone know if the 10 year deal requires 10 consecutive years? My wife was a Sprint customer for (I believe) 10 years, then she left to Verizon for two years, now she is back with Sprint.
    Also worth a call. I'm sure if it's the same person it ought to count.

I mean, what are the chances of Sprint launching a webOS phone before March 31st??
    Pretty good chances of a new webOS phone before then...with Sprint? Can't say...but I can hope. I'm eligible beginning March 1, so hopefully March will bring some new webOS goodness to Sprint.

Sprint Premier Gold and Silver | FAQ

Effective 4/1/11:

I got my Pixi (upgrade from Treo 800w) in Nov. 21 2009 at BestBuy--have the receipt in my hands!--with a new plan. Just switched to a 89.99 plan a few months ago. By this March 31, I just might make the cut. I also have a 3G Broadband card that is now out of contract, month to month. Been with Sprint since October 2002. I will give Sprint a call after HP makes their announcements in February.

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    ...Pretty good chances of a new webOS phone before then...with Sprint? Can't say...but I can hope. I'm eligible beginning March 1, so hopefully March will bring some new webOS goodness to Sprint.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    GOOD GRIEF!!!!! I swear at least half of Sprint employees don't know a damn thing about anything. Went into the main Sprint store here today because my A key is sticking. They switched it out for another Pre...yippee. Anyway, a rep in store told me upgrades that are ready would not be lost April 1st....wrong. He says that's what they were told in training for the Premier changes. So after leaving I called Sprint and talked to a Premier service rep (higher up and more knowledgeable than regular reps) and asked about my upgrade status. Evidently when I upgraded on 10/09 to the Pre my contract didn't get renewed but I got the upgrade subsidies and discounts. Even though I'm not on a contract, it's being treated as if I am due to that upgrade. So, that puts me in the use it or lose it by March 31st group. SUCKS!!!! I'm sure there will plenty of new devices available in August at my 22 months.
    Gonk, who did you contact over the phone at Sprint?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Gonk, who did you contact over the phone at Sprint?
    I believe it was a rep that handles Premier customers. A buddy of mine talked to them and passed the number to me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12