Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I can understand the $10 fee for "Premium Data" argument from them, considering the rise in smartphones, data usage, etc... My biggest gripe is charging this fee when I am unable to take advantage of any "Premium Data" usage! I live in Southwest Louisiana, and we do not even have 3G here. Every major carrier has had 3G here for 2 years except Sprint. Even Cricket has had 3G for 6-8 months now. There is 3G about 35 miles east or west of my city. I checked out other carrier's family plans, as I do every 6 months or so, and they still can not compete with Sprint's pricing. The closest option would be appx. $35ish more a month (after paying $10 fee on 5 lines, which I'm not at moment), with no insurance (5 lines), no mobile to any carrier mobile and nights/weekends starting @ 7pm. I love Sprint overall, but it chaps my _ _ _ to spend up to $50 more a month (5 lines -all smartphones) and not be able to get 3G.
    And what's Sprint's story as to why they're last?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    No reply from Sprint. I've talked to technicians in local Sprint store (they seem to know what's going on with the network), talked to several people in Retentions and just to representitive from "Dan's Email" a few days ago. No one can tell me why they don't have 3G in my area nor when it will be available...but they all agreed I will have to pay $10/mth more per line as we activate new phones!
    It's BS to not have 3G in this new decade!! I could see that when the 3G networks were just being developed, but it's 2011 and 4G is starting to be developed!! I'd be very unhappy too if I were you.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    With Sprint, we've had unlimited data. Verizon is the one whose 'unlimited' data was capped to 5gigs.
    If you abuse the unlimited data . Like start tethering and your usage jumps from 2gb to 7gb you will hear from sprint . I'm sure . Lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Now that I HAVE to pay $30 more per month for my plan, I might switch over to AT&T... I get better coverage where I work anyway...

I'll have to go through the plans and see if it makes sense. I just hope the new Palm phones are released on AT&T. I don't feel like paying for an unsubsidized unlocked GSM phone...
    for the same or equivalent sprint plan you will pay at least 50 or more for the same .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    FYI, if you use the Sprint online activation to switch between phones, that will trigger the $10 more per month. I have a couple of phones and switch around. I hoped I could continue to use whichever I felt like. I asked, Sprint answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonk24 View Post
    11:35:18 AM : Moore: Does that include warranty or TEP device swaps?

11:36:51 AM : Jennifer C: It'll affect the activations and upgrades of all smart phones.

11:37:37 AM : Moore: So when i take my Pre in for a TEP replacement as I did yeaterday due to a malfunction. The $10 kicks in?

11:38:51 AM : Jennifer C: It'll be charged as a $10.00 Premium Data.
    That has to be illegal. The only way they can get away with this is if in the contract we sign a contract saying they can change their pricing. If this happens to us, I will be letting my AG in my state know what happened. I don't think that is right at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    That has to be illegal. The only way they can get away with this is if in the contract we sign a contract saying they can change their pricing. If this happens to us, I will be letting my AG in my state know what happened. I don't think that is right at all.
    It will only take effect when you upgrade or switch to a different smartphone, so yes, they can do it and it's perfectly legal.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    My friend told me that sprint asked the fcc for permission to gut all their towers and replace everything with 3g and 4g switches. So they are preparing to bring 4g nation wide and I think that is going to get pretty expensive. They are going to need that 10 dollars more a month. Of course it's going to take a while to do though.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    TEP/Warranty/Insurance replacements don't trigger the $10 fee after all

Plans: What's there to know about the $10 Smartphone Premium Data Add-on?

Total Equipment Protection

What about Service & Repair or Advanced Exchange?

* If you activated a smartphone prior to 1/30/11 and received a smartphone as a warranty or insurance replacement, you do not have to pay the $10 Premium Data add-on.

What about TEP?

* If you activated a smartphone prior to 1/30/11 and received a smartphone as an insurance replacement, you do not have to pay the $10 Premium Data add-on fee.

Who does not have to pay the $10 Premium Data add-on?

* Existing customers with a smartphone will not have to pay the $10 Premium Data add-on; their existing rate plan (without the charge) will remain the same until they upgrade, perform an ESN swap or activate a new smartphone.
    * A TEP, Service & Repair or Advanced Exchange scenario where a smartphone is provided as a warranty or insurance replacement does not qualify as a swap, i.e., $10 Premium Data add-on is not required.
    * Corporate-liable accounts tied to a Corporate ID (under contract) are not impacted until contracts are renewed.
    * Sprint Wireless Advantage Club and SERO accounts are not eligible for the charge.
    That's good to know because it was an unfair change of contract otherwise.

I just found this out tonight. I had purchased a perfect reburbished Pre and finally got it from FedEx tonight, called Sprint and they said that I would have to pay $10 extra per month even though I was not extending my contract. Not cool at all. I told the c/s rep that they had just received all this praise for great customer service and then they slap a charge on your account if you activate a phone that is not sold online or in stores anymore.

Not cool, my upgrade isn't until Dec.

Is it really worth it to activate a perfectly good Pre and pay the extra $10 til Dec or just ride the cheaper plan with a dinged smartphone.
    I like meeting new friends, follow me on twitter->

that_maynard
    So wish I was sero right now..

COMPLETE CRAP.

That's like charging me $10 more for swapping my sim card between phones >;0

I am now stuck on an LG optimus FOR-E-VV-E-R!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    So wish I was sero right now..

COMPLETE CRAP.

That's like charging me $10 more for swapping my sim card between phones >;0

I am now stuck on an LG optimus FOR-E-VV-E-R!
    that's what I asked the rep, "so I'm stuck with my current smartphone forever unless I upgrade? What happened to great customer service?"

Bummer
    I like meeting new friends, follow me on twitter->

that_maynard
    I got a info mailer from Sprint today. Looks like I'm now in the Sprint Premier Silver program, which blows. I'm calling Sprint in a few days to contest (after I see what announcements HP/Palm has on Feb. 9).
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678