1.    #1  
    My Pre is in the process of dying. Anyone know what Sprint is giving as a replacement for the Pre now that it is out of production?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    a phone of equal or lessor value when bought ! some have even gotten an evo i believe !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    From what others have posted they will repair yours, if possible. If you have to do an insurance claim, through Asurion, you get a refurb.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    <title fixed>
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    From what others have posted they will repair yours, if possible. If you have to do an insurance claim, through Asurion, you get a refurb.

Sent from my eVo
    Yeah, i nkow that's normally what they do, but I read on here that Sprint's supply of even refurbished Pres is very low or possibly gone.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    I called today for the same reason and two sprint shops told me I would get a refurbished pre
  7.    #7  
    Good, that's actually what i WANT. haha
    Dave
    I just got another Pre. They didn't offer me another phone.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I got a refurbed pre in the store a couple of weeks ago. So far it appears to be a great rebuild. No Oreo, which the refurb that I had been using since Nov. 09 had from day one.
  10.    #10  
    What's Oreo?
    Dave
    Some Pres have the habit of developing looseness between the two halves, with use, because of the slider mechanism and develop a twist like twisting apart an Oreo cookie.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I brought my phone in tonight because it was stuck in headset mode. And yes, I tried everything recommended in the forum. They ended up replacing the jack and speakerphone. So I guess depending on what's wrong you might also get your original phone fixed. Happy to still be rockin' webOS.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    Here's a strange one for ya: My buddy's Pixi (no moving parts, better for someone in construction in spite of the name :P) got run over in the parking lot where he works, and he was told they (Asurion) couldn't send him a Pixi, and instead sent him a refurb Pre!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    My experience is that you will still get a Pre. However if you have had several replacements in the last 6 months there might be some options available and if they are the repair center will tell you about them: they generally are Pixi, HTC Hero, LG Optimus (sometimes), Blackberry Curve, Samsung Intercept (sometimes). For many people the refurb Pre's have had much better build quality than the units they are replacing.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I went through "dan@sprint.com" and was only offered a Hero, Pixi, Pre, or BB Tour. I ended up with a brand new pre. I bought an Evo off of Craigslist and put my Pre on Craigslist with no interest shown. Sigh.