1.    #1  
    My Verizon contract ends 2/17 and I want to upgrade to whatever the coolest phone hp announces 2/9. Do I have to upgrade my device or can i just go month to month or get a yearly extension of my contract?

Verizon is pushing me to get the iphone 4 but i'm want to stick with webos. I have the pre plus and a pixi plus ($40 on ebay) and I love them both.

Anyone have any recommendations or advice?
    Whatever HP announces, you're going to have a few months before it is available, unless they announce a massive launch for the Pre2.

Nothing else has shown up in FCC filings, meaning nothing else is ready to market.
    They can ask the FCC to not publish information until a set date. So it doesn't necessarily mean that they've not had anything to certify.
    I'm in the UK and usually you don't have to upgrade the phone, and you can just do it later on during the contract- Usually getting a better deal as you've spent more money with them in between phone changes. Not sure how it will work with Verizon though!
    Go month to month. I used my Centro for more than 3 years so I could upgrade to the Pre+. If the phone works, hold on until they have what you really want.
    3 years? I've never kept a phone that long!

Sent from my eVo, via Llazy Llama Llinguistics™
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I still have my 755p in a drawer, looks like new. I wish I had kept my Kyocera 6035 and 7135 running PalmOS. Fantastic phones and way ahead of their time.

A PalmOS flip phone... brilliant!
    There was a leak on the front page from Verizon's site that suggests HP will release a 4G phone/data phone on Verizon (the leaked page implied it was in testing now). Verizon is not slated to have 4G both phone/data until the end of the year. It is anyone's guess until Feb 9 whether HP will release a model earlier than that on Verizon or whether they will step out of the way of the iphone juggernaut.
    How is Verizon pushing you to get the iphone? Are they sending emails, letters? Is a salesperson pushing it in the store?
    my guess is that Verizon told palm that the pre 2 won't sell in it's current state. They want it to be 4G. Then it will sell. I bet the pre 2 will become 4G.
    I'll take that bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
    my guess is that Verizon told palm that the pre 2 won't sell in it's current state. They want it to be 4G. Then it will sell. I bet the pre 2 will become 4G.
    this means a new sku and FCC filing
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I still have my 755p in a drawer, looks like new. I wish I had kept my Kyocera 6035 and 7135 running PalmOS. Fantastic phones and way ahead of their time.

A PalmOS flip phone... brilliant!
    Tom has my Treo 755p, it still works.

Sent from my eVo, via Llazy Llama Llinguistics™
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I don't see them making the Pre 2 going 4G. Maybe another one of the new devices, but not the Pre 2.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    vzwsupport has been tweeting to upgrade to the iphone on 2/10 if you are eligible for an upgrade.
  14.    #14  
    @bluenote just via email and their website. If you click upgrade you are greeted with a iphone splash screen telling you you're eligible and to click to upgrade.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    IM waiting for what HP has to say. If that sucks then Im getting an iPhone......maybe lol
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    You can always go month to month after your contract is up. The problem is that since your bill will not go down due to not being on a contract, you actually get better value by upgrading as often as possible as long as you do not have to pay early upgrade fees.

With this in mind, you should probably wait and see what devices HP will announce on Feb 9th, since the best phones may very well be WebOS based. Nothing would be worse than to buy a new phone and then find that a month later a much better device is released. It would be like buying a Palm Pre 2 and then a month later a new WebOS device with dual-core processor and 4 inch screen gets released.