1.    #1  
    Sprint promises 'industry first' at February 7th event -- Engadget

Anyone have any idea what this could be. The announcement will be only two days before the Palm Event day announcement. Is this coincidental?
    The event invite goes on to say that they'll show "that the impossible is possible," which could very well mean the Epic 4G is getting Froyo
    Hilarious.
    I think i am gettting a little annoyed with this whole sprint "first" campaign. I hope this is something good sprint needs some exciting news.

for example the "first" to 4G commercials I see. Who cares if you are first to 4g, you have to be the best at 4G. no one is going to go with sprint because they have the first 4g network to be deployed. People want to go to the 4G network that is "biggest" "strongest" "most reliable" and of course "fastest"
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I hope its Palm/webos related otherswise apart from the Apple announcement, it would be more distracting news to take away from HP's limelight
    maybe it's the announcement of cdma advanced coming online so you can call and use data at the same time?
    I believe Android blogs are getting the invites, and HTC has been relatively quiet, so I am guessing it either has to do with their 3D Android phone or their Scribe tablet.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    What if it's first carrier with a 4G iPhone 4?

That would really put a hurt on the HP announcement.
    That's more bad new for Palm then, if so. Why are they letting everyone else get the jump on announcements?? I'm guessing there's a possibility they'll announce their tablet before the iPad 2 gets announced(not sure of this though), but you know what will happen as soon as iPad 2 is announced, unless Palm's tablet is amazing!! But people are already on about the Xoom filling that spot.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    the hp tablet would have to do something amazing for me to get it. I'm planning on getting an android honeycomb tablet since they appear to be fairly useable. I'm sticking with webos for my phone, but I really do require more apps on a tablet.

as for sprints industry first, why would sprint invest in cdma advanced at this point? Voice and data at the same time? You can already do that with wimax which they are spending a few dollars rolling out. Why would they try and upgrade all of their towers with two different technologies that essentially give you the same capability? My guess is a new flagship android phone and hopefully some plan changes that save us some more money!
    My money is on something to do with multimode towers and future LTE plans (Sprint Network Vision). THAT is an industry first.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    My money is on something to do with multimode towers and future LTE plans (Sprint Network Vision). THAT is an industry first.
    pulled from this link:
    Sprint Newsroom | Sprint Network Vision Information Center

"Sprint expects to launch the next-generation of PTT services in 2011 on the CDMA network, offering customers sub-second call set-up time along with robust data capabilities. "

i think you might have something with your Sprint Network Vision idea.
    also, i dont think sprints getting the iphone.

Twitter / Sprint: Thx 4 the iPhone comments! ...

" Thx 4 the iPhone comments! While it’s a great device, Sprint has a strong device lineup, great 3G/4G network & simple, cost-effective plans. "
    http://newsroom.sprint.com/images/90...sh-to-Talk.pdf

I'd much rather the above, then an iPhone, though I am not sure if it's impying what I want it to.. I'd love the ppt service to be available on all sprint phones. I miss Nextel just hated the regular service, the phones that came with it, it's SMS/mms system and data network. But if it becomes a standard feature on sprint that would be awesome. It's a very usefull service to be able to use for businesses, construction workers, and people In general. Great for driving because u can answer at your own time rather then have to hold a phone up or keep someone on the line wasting minutes and battery.