View Poll Results: What did you think about the Sprint Announcement?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!!!! Don't know what I was worrying about.

4 2.68%
  • Well, at least it's something.

14 9.40%
  • Kyocera?!?!?!?!?!?

21 14.09%
  • Uh, Sprint.... Sprint???? Anyone home? Think Sprint, Think....

110 73.83%
Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well they probably won't announce a bunch of HP connected devices a few days before the HP webOS event. In fact, you would have to infer that whatever they may be doing with HP isn't that important to them otherwise they wouldn't have scheduled the event this way.
    Yeah, there's no way this is in anyway about WebOS.

If it was it would be after, or with, the HP announcement.
    NOT before.
    Im thinking it may be more of a service announcement than a product announcement. I dont think Sprint would spend money on David Blain to promote a phone, they would probably leave that up to the phone manufacturer.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    "I hear someone trip-trap, trip-trapping over my bridge" said the troll --- just sayin'.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Maybe a new pricing plan involving 4G, as a happy Sprint user, I hope they still keep their low montly usage plans.
    It might be a WiMax Revision for better speeds as LTE and HSDPA is leving Sprints so called "4G" network in the dust.
    Carriers always go first for anything important... they will be vague about HP, but they will certainly include something about the fact that they will have HP products coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Carriers always go first for anything important... they will be vague about HP, but they will certainly include something about the fact that they will have HP products coming soon.
    As a Sprint customer, I'm hoping your are right
    Possibly phones that aren't restricted to a single network?
    They've decided to skip all this 4G crap and move straight on to 5G.
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with what you're saying but...2 days before an HP announcement?
    Extremely unlikely they would undermined HP like that.
    I think it is possible they are laying the ground work for whatever it is HP is going to announce. Maybe HP is actually coming out with some new revolutionary hardware that uses Sprint's network in some new way. A guy can hope right :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Possibly phones that aren't restricted to a single network?
    Maybe they'll start allowing any CDMA phone to be activated on their network...

Wishful thinking...
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    They must be announcing new hardware - probably including a tablet. Why else would you hold an event with a celebrity magician? It's just not likely to be HP hardware coming just a few days before the HP webOS event.
    If they are really announcing hardware such as a tablet or smartphone then we can pretty much forget about any new webOS device being launched on Sprint. If Sprint is going to undercut any HP announcement like that we can assume their relationship is officially tanked.
    Quote Originally Posted by pointy View Post
    really? cmon guys. iphone4 w/ wimax. you heard it here first
    nah. i read it on engadget first...or was it cnet?

or was it in my own brain 'cause i also thought of that...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

Wishful thinking...
    I cant imagine that would go over well with Verizon. They just got the iPhone and here comes Sprint saying that they can just buy that phone and activate it on the Sprint network even before Verizon sells their first iPhone.
    Industry first is the curve ball and the real question is it marketing or good old innovation. Either way it has me interested. I knew sprint was quite at CES for a good reason and now i guess we get to find out why. Maybe they were bought by HP
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

Wishful thinking...
    if that is true one can finally get an iphone on sprint. Im sure it should work easily since apple controls the software, and i believe there is nothing verizon specific on the cdma iphone, where one would have to "flash" the phone.

But then I would think why wouldn't they have just tried to carry the iphone as well, now that ATT lost its exclusivity. Not that I would ever get an Iphone, i just think its one of those phones that should be on all networks. (kinda like the RAZR was and the BB curve).
    I really think this is going to be a service announcement. No clue what it could be but I don't think hardware will be seen here. I can't imagine they would announce someone's hardware after CES and before MWC
    Quote Originally Posted by pointy View Post
    I said you heard it here first...As in I was the first on this thread.
    sorry...doesn't work that way. by that logic:

the background color of PreCentral forums is green.
    you heard it here first.

the letter B is second in the alphabet.
    you heard it here first.
Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast