View Poll Results: What did you think about the Sprint Announcement?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!!!! Don't know what I was worrying about.

    4 2.68%
  • Well, at least it's something.

    14 9.40%
  • Kyocera?!?!?!?!?!?

    21 14.09%
  • Uh, Sprint.... Sprint???? Anyone home? Think Sprint, Think....

    110 73.83%
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 429
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    It has to be Motorola Xoom tablet. First Honeycomb tablet, pretty big deal i guess. $700 without the contract, and maybe like $400 with Sprint contract. Perhaps, they will have special price for this Xoom WiMax service, with hotspot free upto 8 devices.
    Isn't the Xoom already slated to go to Verizon first?
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    i hope it has nothing to do with android...
    I have a feeling it might. I say this because

    • it is 2 days before HP's event and I think that rules out webOS related stuff (don't think HP would let them sap away their thunder). Is it possible that HP's event on the 9th is developer related and they are really going to surprise everyone together with Sprint on the 7th? Could be. That would make a serious splash!
    • Just another 4G device doesn't fit the "another industry first" tag they are claiming
    • WP7 is already out and wouldn't be a "first"
    • Verizon got the iPhone so that wouldn't be a "first"
    • What's left? Something BB related? Maybe Nokia's got something brewing? IDK, it's possible I suppose.
    • Everyone and their momma is doing something with Android these days and I just have a feeling it will be another Android "thing".


    I like the idea of a 3D phone. Would be interesting. In the end, I have no idea what it will be.
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    i hope it has nothing to do with android...

    If i am not mistaken, it was android types (like androidecentral) that got the invites to the event....
  4. #164  
    More than likely the 'first' 3D phone/tablet. At least that's the rumors I'm seeing on various other sites. That would be an industry first.
  5. #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    I have a feeling it might. I say this because

    • it is 2 days before HP's event and I think that rules out webOS related stuff (don't think HP would let them sap away their thunder). Is it possible that HP's event on the 9th is developer related and they are really going to surprise everyone together with Sprint on the 7th? Could be. That would make a serious splash!
    • Just another 4G device doesn't fit the "another industry first" tag they are claiming
    • WP7 is already out and wouldn't be a "first"
    • Verizon got the iPhone so that wouldn't be a "first"
    • What's left? Something BB related? Maybe Nokia's got something brewing? IDK, it's possible I suppose.
    • Everyone and their momma is doing something with Android these days and I just have a feeling it will be another Android "thing".


    I like the idea of a 3D phone. Would be interesting. In the end, I have no idea what it will be.
    I don't know what the indursty first will be, but I think WP7 and Android will be apart of the announcement and so will RIM. Because Sprint needs to show what they have to release this year. I hope they will announce a 3D phone, would be cool.
  6. #166  
    The announcement will be a new plan that allows users to upgrade every quater. No more feeling behind if a newer phone comes out the day after you signed a contract.
  7. #167  
    Sprint has to buy T-mobile and offer phones with dual radio: CDMA and GSM, so if you travel you can get a local GSM Sim card and still be able to get phone calls from the CDMA radio.
  8. #168  
    I just dont see this being a device related event but i could be wrong. Industry forst, things that people thought not possible means its deffinatly not a 4g anything or phone, not saying these things wont appear. I guess a 3d phone is possible but i see absolutly no point in 3d anythint. Would i really have to wear glasses to use my phone? Or woyld it not need them, and i dont even want android. This whole 3d hype thing is way out of hand, i mean its cool, but i just dont see a point in it, esp not at the pricetag it adds. I would rather wait for holograms then buy something 3d as a hologram is a litteral projected image and 3d is not. A hologram device would present all kinds of new cool opportunities now that would be an indistry first . I think it has to do with plans and services honestly, which is good, because i want to see why i should stay with sprint, unless they get no webos, then i obviously know to leave
  9. #169  
    Not sure if anybody has mentioned this. But has anybody thought about sprint switching to LTE. I mean they did get that magician. Maybe some actual magic will happen with that announcement.

    Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
  10. #170  
    yeah i think it may be something to do with a new plan, or maybe the first WP7 cdma phone (that would a industry first). I also doubt it will be anything in regards to webos. It could also be maybe a 4G android tablet, or 4G playbook tablet.
  11. #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Not sure if anybody has mentioned this. But has anybody thought about sprint switching to LTE. I mean they did get that magician. Maybe some actual magic will happen with that announcement.

    Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    I'm pretty sure it's something related to the network technology and/or the pricing and plan features. The latter seems less likely to me since that's not the sort of thing one creates a big event around. I believe it has more to do with the technology they are using...so it would also be a good opportunity to announce either new devices or possibly partnerships to take advantage of this technology shift/change/improvement/whatever.
  12. Thead's Avatar
    Posts
    317 Posts
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    #172  
    I think the "first" announcement will be something not phone or tablet related. I have no guess what it actually may be. However, I think this will be a large event with many things showcased. I don't think Sprint is going to show off their new "first" and then everyone goes home. I think there will be several new phones and tablets shown off regardless of what the big "first" announcement is.
  13. #173  
    Maybe they are announcing the change to EVDO rev B. HAHAHA. Maybe they'll call it 4G and the industry first will be the first company to have two 4G networks. :P
  14. #174  
    i am going to guess....4G mobile hotspot for free
  15. #175  
    Maybe they're going to announce carrying the Optimus 3D.
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    i am going to guess....4G mobile hotspot for free
    That would be sweet. Encryption even sweeter.
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Maybe they're going to announce carrying the Optimus 3D.
    I'm still trying to figure out why a 3D phone is a good idea. I mean yeah, there's the gaming and video aspect that is valid enough (though I still have zero interest in watching a 3D video)...but how else will it be utilized? It will still be a + or - 4" screen with all the limitations of a 4" screen. Maybe I'm just not "thinking outside the box"...perhaps there are some 'augmented reality' opportunities or some other ways of enhancing various apps to take advantage of it. All I know is I'd be cross-eyed after a couple of days of staring at a little 3D display.
  18. #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I don't know what the indursty first will be, but I think WP7 and Android will be apart of the announcement and so will RIM. Because Sprint needs to show what they have to release this year. I hope they will announce a 3D phone, would be cool.
    I've just read an article about the Playbook and QNX-based smartphones being about to run Android apps and even being cerified by Google to have the Android market.

    BlackBerry PlayBook and future QNX-based BlackBerry Smartphones to run Android Apps too?!

    If this is true and is annouched by Sprint on Feb 7th, I'm getting the Playbook from Sprint!!
  19. #179  
    I'm mostly ****ed that we've waited so long for an appropriate replacement to the Pre- , I've been expecting a new HPalm something on Sprint.

    Sprint is offering me one month free to renew 2-yr contract by 1/31 , and that would also avoid the new $10/month surcharge. 2 weeks ago they offered me $50 credit to renew. So they are worried customers like me will jump to ViPhone.

    I would take a Pre2 if it were available.

    Anyhow, the hopeful concept in my mind is that "industry 1st" on Feb 7th Sprint event is a WebOS2 HPalm phone, and HPalm will be happy to focus on slates on Feb 9th
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    I've just read an article about the Playbook and QNX-based smartphones being about to run Android apps and even being cerified by Google to have the Android market.

    BlackBerry PlayBook and future QNX-based BlackBerry Smartphones to run Android Apps too?!

    If this is true and is annouched by Sprint on Feb 7th, I'm getting the Playbook from Sprint!!
    If HP doesn't make a good tablet and release it for Sprint, and Sprint announces some cheap way to get data on a tablet, I am getting a Playbook -- and if this is true, it is just like icing on the cake.
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions