View Poll Results: What did you think about the Sprint Announcement?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!!!! Don't know what I was worrying about.

4 2.68%
  • Well, at least it's something.

14 9.40%
  • Kyocera?!?!?!?!?!?

21 14.09%
  • Uh, Sprint.... Sprint???? Anyone home? Think Sprint, Think....

110 73.83%
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    So, did precentrAL invited to the sprint event?
    Sprint, T-Mobile iPhones Could Follow Quickly on Verizon`s Heels

Sprint, T-Mobile iPhones Could Follow Quickly on Verizon`s Heels - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com

Pretty much speculation but interesting to know what the pundits think might happen and what the Feb 7 event might be about. Again no mention of webOS
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I was surfing the web and came across various places hinting that Sprint's "Industry First" would be a 3D HTC Android Phone, I don't know if this has been discussed here or not, but what are you guys thoughts? o.0 I'm puzzled
    A "3D" phone?

Anyone have a clue what that means?
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    <thread merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    A "3D" phone?

Anyone have a clue what that means?
    Maybe it means you can gesture without touching the screen, so that you can move in three dimensions instead of two?

Actually, I suspect it would mean that you could use 3D glasses to watch video in 3D, which isn't something I even want to do on my TV...
    A 3D phone would be a lot similar to the new Nintendo 3DS. Definitely possible. Definitely unnecessary.
    Not sure if anyone wrote this or not... maybe unlimited tethering for all smart phones?? Sprint is raising pricing by $10.
    Assuming that I am right (and I am nearing 80 percent sure... ), the first that Sprint is referring to is the first CDMA WP7.

How does that tickle your fancy?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    That was in some article I read today that Sprint is going to have the first CDMA WP7. You're probably right.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Assuming that I am right (and I am nearing 80 percent sure... ), the first that Sprint is referring to is the first CDMA WP7.

How does that tickle your fancy?
    I don't know...the whole thing about "an industry first" sounds like a bigger deal than just "the first CDMA WP7 phone". If that's the announcement, that'll be just about the lamest excuse for a big press announcement ever. Even David Blaine should be better than that.
    I was thinking that it would more likely be the first 4g tablet.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Not to be rude but for Sprint's Feb 7th announcement most of the invitations sent out were all to Android websites (like Androidcentral for instance).

I highly doubt they would send invites to Android websites if it has anything at all to do with a Windows Phone 7 device.

If anything I am also guessing it will be a 4g Tablet for Android.
    Sprint says they will do something no one else has done. WP7 is already out of 3G and 4G" networks... I think they have a WiMax tablet coming, and many other things to be making such a show if it. My Opinion - usually wrong.
    <<thread merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Maybe it means you can gesture without touching the screen, so that you can move in three dimensions instead of two?

Actually, I suspect it would mean that you could use 3D glasses to watch video in 3D, which isn't something I even want to do on my TV...
    Agreed. Unless and until there is a true holographic image (e.g., Star Trek holodeck, etc.) on which to focus the eye...it's nothing but another reason to need headache medicine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Sprint says they will do something no one else has done. WP7 is already out of 3G and 4G" networks... I think they have a WiMax tablet coming, and many other things to be making such a show if it. My Opinion - usually wrong.
    Well...CLEAR already hasWiMax radios in a number of laptops and netbooks, so I doubt a WiMax tablet would really and truly qualify as "an industry first".
    I know we're talking 'tablets' here...but it doesn't seem a big enough departure from what is already available to center a whole event around it.
    It has to be Motorola Xoom tablet. First Honeycomb tablet, pretty big deal i guess. $700 without the contract, and maybe like $400 with Sprint contract. Perhaps, they will have special price for this Xoom WiMax service, with hotspot free upto 8 devices.
    i hope it has nothing to do with android...
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast