View Poll Results: What did you think about the Sprint Announcement?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!!!! Don't know what I was worrying about.

4 2.68%
  • Well, at least it's something.

14 9.40%
  • Kyocera?!?!?!?!?!?

21 14.09%
  • Uh, Sprint.... Sprint???? Anyone home? Think Sprint, Think....

110 73.83%
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GAM5 View Post
    I was in a Sprint store tonight & the manager said Sprint will be announcing the first 3D Android device. I guess that kind of fits in with the David Blaine illusion theme.
    sounds pretty reasonable actually

a nexus s re vamp with 2.4 on it? Interesting.

also not something I care much about.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Yeah and some guy on twitter swears they are anouncing a webos tablet
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    If its the WP7 release I will offer Dan Hesse personal use of my Palm Pre+ on Sprint. I'm sure he needs an upgrade.
    Amazing. Truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    all i hope is that sprint will do something actually great and not just another stupid idea...
    we know for a fact that there getting wp7 devices and i dont think a iphone on sprint would be a industry first and they didnt say much at ces i could see them introduce some evo like devices 4g and all that good stuff or something with there service, there connection etc...
    I don't think they will announce iPhone only. But it might be part of the announcement.

I was in a Sprint store tonight & the manager said Sprint will be announcing the first 3D Android device. I guess that kind of fits in with the David Blaine illusion theme.
    I am holding myself from making a smart comment! Lol Anyway, that would actually make sense. I knew someone this year would make the 3D jump with Nintendo 3DS coming out. It could be cool. It could be "eh". We'll see.
    I really hope it's not 3D. I wish that fad would just go away. Hopefully it will be network and/or pricing related.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyPlayr View Post
    I really hope it's not 3D. I wish that fad would just go away. Hopefully it will be network and/or pricing related.
    three different sources have said it will be a 3d andriod device... althought I suspect that all those people got their "sources" from a post on the engadget comments site.

It will be a HTC phone with 3 camera, 2 on the back for 3D recording and 3D playback on the screen
    probably a 4G tablet. Personally i hope it's an iphone announcement cause that's my next phone and i'd like to not have to wait a few months till my contract expires. But I doubt it considering their statements on their facebook page. "Thanks for the iPhone comments! While it’s a great device, Sprint has a strong device lineup, a great 3G/4G network & simple, cost-effective plans.on Tuesday". possibly a playbook announcement though i think it's already on their promotions. so i'm going 4g tablet of some kinda and windows phone 7. Sadly i couldn't give a **** about either.
    Just found this, and it would be an industry first. Multimode chipsets.

PPCGeeks.com Sprint announces New Network Vision Plans for 2011
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    i doubt it is an iPhone announcement. There isn't any mention of this even on the usual Apple blog sites. I am sure MacWorld or Apple Insider would have received invites... probably just network announcements, not product announcements unless they directly tie into the network announcement...
    Quote Originally Posted by webpoet73 View Post
    i doubt it is an iPhone announcement. There isn't any mention of this even on the usual Apple blog sites. I am sure MacWorld or Apple Insider would have received invites... probably just network announcements, not product announcements unless they directly tie into the network announcement...

That is a good catch. They would have. I doubt they would be able to keep it secret. It's still possible, but with knowing that, more unlikely then it was before.
    perhaps that they are having a press release in which they finally admit to throwing original pre users under the bus and we should all give up hope on webOS 2.0 ever being released on the devices. And on the way out everyone will be given "In The Coming Months" T-Shirts.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSteelers View Post

PPCGeeks.com Sprint announces New Network Vision Plans for 2011
    And thus begins Sprint's sneaky plan for world domination by introducing LTE on the Nextel 800MHz band without building any new towers. "See? We CAN eat our cake and have it too!"
    Quote Originally Posted by webpoet73 View Post
    though i agree it's unlikely i did see some speculation in print. who knows.

Is a Sprint iPhone on the Way? - PCWorld

Sprint Announcement Coming February 7th, Promises Another Industry First - SlashGear

i also do find it interesting that Android central posted about it and is going http://www.androidcentral.com/whats-...onjuring-feb-7 and the Tipb doesn't even acknowledge the event. no mention of it on their page unless i missed it. If i was a betting man i'd bet 4G android tablet. It would be a first. that said. I'm still hoping for an iphone.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 01/13/2011 at 02:37 AM.
    here is another one of those "a guy told me" comments BUT this is from a guy that works at AT&T. he said that AT&T will be getting a 1 year exclusive on the iPhone 5. he said that with all the people getting the iPhone 4 on Vzn, all the complaints they have had about service and problems with dropped calls will now hoppen to Vzn. he said their netowrk will start having problems. when you add a few tens of thousands new data hogs to the exsisting towers the problems will begin. the good thing is that Sprint users will be able to sit back and watch to see if this is true
    perhaps that they are having a press release in which they finally admit to throwing original pre users under the bus and we should all give up hope on webOS 2.0 ever being released on the devices. And on the way out everyone will be given "In The Coming Months" T-Shirts.

with bus tire tracks across the back of the t-shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSteelers View Post

[url= Sprint announces New Network Vision Plans for 2011[/url]
    nice find! this is definitely VERY intriguing. this would be awesome, to have an announcement about this new network on the 7th and HPalm's announcements two days later with new hardware to take advantage of this. realistically, though, i think they will also be announcing android hardware that's able to take adtage of the new network, since an android site got the invitation.

a CDMA wireless provider with a network that extends beyond CDMA capabilities certainly fits in with the "making the impossible possible" teaser!
    That would be cool and my battery would be hot...very hot. :-)

Seriously though, that would be a very cool thing for an entertainment device.

<<moderator edit>>
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/14/2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: working around language filters
  17.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    That would be cool and my battery would be hot...very hot. :-)

Seriously though, that would be a very cool thing for an entertainment device.

<<moderator edit>>
    I think this is what the announcement is.

It just fits with the "making the impossible, possible" theme.
    And the whole magician thing.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/21/2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
    <<thread merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well they probably won't announce a bunch of HP connected devices a few days before the HP webOS event. In fact, you would have to infer that whatever they may be doing with HP isn't that important to them otherwise they wouldn't have scheduled the event this way.
    I don't agree with this at all. I posted a detailed explanation a few pages back about why the "timing" doesn't reflect anything about the Sprint/Palm relationship. Even so, they probably won't say much about HP, just like VZW didn't mention them at their iPhone announcement. Just sayin.
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast