View Poll Results: What did you think about the Sprint Announcement?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!!!! Don't know what I was worrying about.

4 2.68%
  • Well, at least it's something.

14 9.40%
  • Kyocera?!?!?!?!?!?

21 14.09%
  • Uh, Sprint.... Sprint???? Anyone home? Think Sprint, Think....

110 73.83%
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    What if Sprint's device is just an iphone 4 with a WiMax antenna? Are you really going to state with certainty that an iphone 4 on Verizon isn't worth his time and is ok for Verizon to announce it but if you add Wimax then suddenly it's a big enough deal that Sprint better not announce it, Jobs has to do it himself?
    well maybe david blane will make steve jobs appear holding the new iphone for sprint. never say never my friends.
    After browsing through the comments on engadget, the theory/rumor that makes the most sense to me, is a glasses-free 3-D phone. the whole magic theme of the event ties in pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Commenter TareG on Engadget.com
    GUYS.... it's an INDUSTRY FIRST.

It's not the EVO, Honeycomb, or anything like that.

It's the HTC Glasses-free 3D Android, it was rumored for a February launch a couple of months back:

Source: http://3dradar.techradar.com/3...
    how can a touch screen be 3D when it is a 2D surface? It would have to "sense" your touch and gesture without actually touching the screen, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I am hoping they will flip a switch and the whole country will have 4g.I'm sick of waiting.

Evo-lution
    I wanted to post a link but can't, Gizmodo had a post today about a possible connection between Sprint and WalMart. Check it out. Although it's a rumor, using WalMart to expand the 4G network would really do them some good!
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    After browsing through the comments on engadget, the theory/rumor that makes the most sense to me, is a glasses-free 3-D phone. the whole magic theme of the event ties in pretty well.
    im not buying that at all. "literally"
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    sprint isn't known for carrying a bunch of flagship phones at once. usually just one. so far since june it's been the evo.
    Just because they're showing off other devices doesn't mean those devices are flagship phones.

We also need to consider that they have been saying they are going to be carrying tablets. Maybe the 7th will be them announcing their flagship tablet?
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowbugle View Post
    I wanted to post a link but can't, Gizmodo had a post today about a possible connection between Sprint and WalMart. Check it out. Although it's a rumor, using WalMart to expand the 4G network would really do them some good!
    Sprint and Walmart to team up on WiMAX? | BGR | Boy Genius Report

IDK, apparently something similar was proposed 6 years ago. This could be it though, expanding 4g via Walmart.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Sprint and Walmart to team up on WiMAX? | BGR | Boy Genius Report

IDK, apparently something similar was proposed 6 years ago. This could be it though, expanding 4g via Walmart.
    well since there is a walmart on every street corner i guess it's a smart move.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I am hoping they will flip a switch and the whole country will have 4g.I'm sick of waiting.

Evo-lution
    Actually I think your the closest to what might be happening. What if sprint finally got that whole walmar wimp thing? They could have added support and now want to announce it. Honestly, whatever it's going to be is something industry first and Previously assumed impossible. Nationwide 4g could be it. Simultaneous CDMA voice and data could be it. Who knows but I think it's network or service wide and it's got to be something event worthy.
    Sprint's up to something and looks like they're clearing inventory. They're offering Evo's with a 24 month contract for $125 and a bunch of other phones (including the LG Optimus S) for $0.99, about three months short of my one year renewal. Maybe trying to avoid some of the demand for this new technology and products.
    I know some have mentioned it already but I'd like to echo the sentiments. I think the best thing they can announce (but not probable) is the 'openness' that Verizon claimed a few years ago.

If Sprint made it possible to activate any CDMA phone on their network it would be a huge boost for the company. Not only can they attract more subscribers, but they don't have to pay out huge subsidies to the manufacturers.

This could even allow them to credit your account to pay an ETF. For example, if Sprint routinely pays HTC a $400 subsidy to offer the EVO at $199 they can turn around and give you a $250 credit to pay your ETF and bring your Verizon iPhone or DROID over to their network.

This also means they are not at the whim of the manufacturer to decide exclusives in the industry.

As all Sprint subscribers know, their price point and plan features are great. If someone had the option of getting a Droid or an iPhone and using it on Sprint I'd be willing to bet a decent amount would.

Unfortunately once LTE takes over this will be moot unless they announce compatibility.
    "up its sleeve"...is that a clue? Something to do with a watch phone? or some other watch type accessory? Wasn't McKinney wearing something in that photo with the 3 blurred out sections?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I think they are going to anounce that they will start allowing phones on their network that are from competing carriers, I.e.(iphone 4 from verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    sprint isn't known for carrying a bunch of flagship phones at once. usually just one. so far since june it's been the evo.
    Evo 4 and Epic 4 were two flag ship devices last year. They are getting the EVO SHIFT 4G this year, which isn't really a flagship device but still is a powerful one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Last time sprint made a big announcement is what ANY MOBILE ANYTIME, which they added to everything plans for free. that was quite awesome of them.

hopefully this announcement changes anymobile anytime to just truly unlimited minutes. so now theres only a need for the 69.99 price plan.

Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    im guessing new device line ups becuz the silence at ces or,
    data+voice on CDMA connection or,
    lower prices on 4g or some stuff like that....
    ^ Thats why I think it's both a product line up announcement and a new pricing scheme which will be the first in the industry to do that pricing. That product line up will include Android and BlackBerry phones and Windows Phones 7 and tablets, I bet. And hopefully the iPhone and iPad as well.
    If its the WP7 release I will offer Dan Hesse personal use of my Palm Pre+ on Sprint. I'm sure he needs an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    I think they are going to anounce that they will start allowing phones on their network that are from competing carriers, I.e.(iphone 4 from verizon
    this would be awesome.
    all i hope is that sprint will do something actually great and not just another stupid idea...
    we know for a fact that there getting wp7 devices and i dont think a iphone on sprint would be a industry first and they didnt say much at ces i could see them introduce some evo like devices 4g and all that good stuff or something with there service, there connection etc...
    Hi guys just wanted to out my two cents.
    First read between lines.
    Industry first, since no company has exclusive rights to the iPhone
    Anyone can get it, this will be iPhone 5 for wimax they all said it never happen but I think this is what it is about, it can't be anything about webos cause HP is having there thing 2 days later and Sprint will never under mind them, it is not a rim product cause they already said rim tablet coming so no news there, the magician will either make iPhone5 appear or Steve jobs will appear with iPhone5 in hand. It is not any Android product cause HTC has its own conference so it can only be iPhone logically think about it.
    If this true and HP comes out full swing with new products for Sprint. Then Sprint will. Have one awesome year.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I was in a Sprint store tonight & the manager said Sprint will be announcing the first 3D Android device. I guess that kind of fits in with the David Blaine illusion theme.