View Poll Results: What did you think about the Sprint Announcement?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!!!! Don't know what I was worrying about.

4 2.68%
  • Well, at least it's something.

14 9.40%
  • Kyocera?!?!?!?!?!?

21 14.09%
  • Uh, Sprint.... Sprint???? Anyone home? Think Sprint, Think....

110 73.83%
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gstein17 View Post
    Let's see:
    Super "football game" Sunday the 6th.
    Sprint announcement on Monday the 7th.
    HP/Palm announcement on the 9th.
    I guess I'll sleep on the 10th...
    im not expecting much from hp other than tablets.
    Hmmm, I was trying to get a feel for Sprints "Industry First" statement, so a search for sprint and industry first returns couple of older announcements....

9/13/07
    "Sprint Customers Get Industry-First ''Mobile Shopper'' Application to Browse and Buy Products from Online Retailers" Link

9/10/09
    "Industry First: Sprint Kills Calling Circles With Bold New ‘Any Mobile, Anytime'" Link

12/2/10
    "Digi And Sprint Partner To Provide Industry’s First Commercial-Grade Integrated 4G Routers To Power M2M Solutions" Link

Not sure what can be taken from this other than Sprint likes using that term.
    If it is not an iPhone then HP/Palm may be doomed. Hope not tho!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    ^
    oh yeaa maybe some windows phone 7 sprint love !!!! first CDMA WP7 device duh!
    it could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    If it is not an iPhone then HP/Palm may be doomed. Hope not tho!!!!

i think you meant if it "is" the iphone 4g hp will be doomed. every site is speculating different things right now. the best ive seen is:

evo2

playbook by rim

iphone 4g

wp7 although i doubt it.

t-mobile merger.

i still feel this may be some sort of network related change/addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by gstein17 View Post
    Let's see:
    Super "football game" Sunday the 6th.
    Sprint announcement on Monday the 7th.
    HP/Palm announcement on the 9th.
    I guess I'll sleep on the 10th...
    Maybe not! You may be in line (with me) for all the new toys that HP has developed.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    wp7 although i doubt it.
    Why do you doubt it? There was a link to an article floating somewhere around these forums that at a recent event Dan Hesse was passing around a wp7 phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Why do you doubt it? There was a link to an article floating somewhere around these forums that at a recent event Dan Hesse was passing around a wp7 phone.
    it could be but i have more of a feeling it's network related. something that may reflect all customers & phones.
    iphone. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    iphone. Period.
    if it is that i may actually buy one.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Oh ok I see. I guess I was thinking they would showcase a large number of things ie. phones, tablets, network stuff etc., and not only feature whatever the "industry first" thing is.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    If it is in fact the iphone it would have to be 4g, otherwise what would make it an "industry first"?
    Oh ok I see. I guess I was thinking they would showcase a large number of things ie. phones, tablets, network stuff etc., and not only feature whatever the "industry first" thing is.
    sprint isn't known for carrying a bunch of flagship phones at once. usually just one. so far since june it's been the evo.
    If it is in fact the iphone it would have to be 4g, otherwise what would make it an "industry first"?
    it would kill verizon if they do if fact announce an iphone 4g. im sure alot of sprint customers will be flocking to verizon just for an iphone. i won't as verizons prices are crazy expensive.
    IDK, the term "industry first" does not imply a new cell phone to me. If that is the case, then every time a new phone is released it would be called an "industry first" and the term would be void of any meaning due to the rate of new phones these days. I think it is a new service, way of charging for a service or something to do with their network connection. Just an opinion, take it for what it’s worth.
    I am hoping they will flip a switch and the whole country will have 4g.I'm sick of waiting.

Evo-lution
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I am hoping they will flip a switch and the whole country will have 4g.I'm sick of waiting.

Evo-lution
    i hope they drop the 4g fee but i doubt it will happen. it's too soon to totally flip over to just 4g service anyways. not widespread enough yet.

i wish sprint would merge with tmobile and offer gsm, that way i can use any darn phone i want.
    Definately not Iphone 4g, Steve Job wouldn't allow let the carrier to announce the new device. Maybe new Android 3.0, Honeycomb, tablet to be first on Sprint 4G network. Or RIM Playbook. Either way, it doesn't look good for HP announcement on Feb 9th.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Definately not Iphone 4g, Steve Job wouldn't allow let the carrier to announce the new device.
    You mean like Verizon announcing their iphone?
    You mean like Verizon announcing their iphone?
    the verizon iphone wasnt a new device it was the exact same phone with a cdma antenna.
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast